Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    im a superhero

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Kobe Bryant is a top 10 player ever, no doubt.

Hondo or Oscar cannot compare due to either the statistical edge Bryant holds over them, or the fact that he has more championships.

It's hard to believe that we have seen such a wonderful player evolve from the teen we saw enter the league in 96'. So raw, though even then everyone knew he had so much potential, though I don't think anyone expected a top 10 player ever.

Congratulations Kobe Bryant. He's a brilliant player.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

He aint top 10.

I thought he was top 30, not sure why people had him ranked so high to begin with.

He's around 25-28.

I wasn't impressed with his Finals performance overall.

He's too inconsistent and has many years in which he disappointed and left much to be desired for him to be top 10.

I think people love to make excuses for him and overlook his shortcomings while they magnify his achievements.

Now.... before people start crying, ranking him top 30 isn't a bad thing or hating. I did rank him top 10 based on his individual skills.

Some are gonna ask for a list, but its not something I've really analyzed and thought about in much detail. All I know is that Kobe aint a top 10 or 25.

Specially when there's players that are arguably as skilled, have accomplished as much, and have had just as big an impact if not more than he has.

So a top 10 is premature imo.

I might bump him up some more spots in the upcoming seasons, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    He aint top 10.

I thought he was top 30, not sure why people had him ranked so high to begin with.

He's around 25-28.

He's too inconsistent and has many years in which he disappointed and left much to be desired for him to be top 10.

I think people love to make excuses for him and overlook his shortcomings while they magnify his achievements.

Now.... before people start crying, ranking him top 30 isn't a bad thing or hating. I did rank him top 10 based on his individual skills.

Some are gonna ask for a list, but its not something I've really analyzed and thought about in much detail. All I know is that Kobe aint a top 10 or 25.

Specially when there's players that are arguably as skilled, have accomplished as much, and have had just as big an impact if not more than he has.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    [B]Its dependant alot on reality which is shown in "Broken Down Stats" through EFF, PER and Statistical + / -

Put them in a numerical order. A 5 year old could tell us the best players at each postion.

So you think that players should only be judged based on EFF or PER?
    So you're basically saying let's throw CHAMPIONSHIPS, MVPs, etc out of the window and use some stats that some nerd made up??

You're pathetic.

How is LeBron already a Top 15 player? No one on this board would say that other than some moron like you. LBJ will be Top 15 when retired but not NOW, he hasn't even won a title GODDAMMIT. LeBron and Garnett over Kobe? Take a look at the accomplishments before the STATS ROFL.

Titles do matter, ask your poster boy. People will remember him for not winning it all not for being Top 10 in EFF or PER

honestly, I say you've lost any credibility known to man for saying LeBron is already Top 15.

Seriously, go back to playing the sudoku game mommy bought you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
    Baske it in.

I'm just replying to the thread.

If you don't agree (which I don't expect you too) I don't care, or at least post a good reply.

Da Mavs

He aint top 10.

He's around 25-28.

Ladies and Gentlemen here is an UNBIASED OPINION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Ladies and Gentlemen here is an UNBIASED OPINION!!!
    It actually is.

Let me guess.... you rank him at 10?

Many people have short memories and are quickly excited when he (or anybody for that matter) does something great. Yet they lose track of the overall picture and forget about other great players. They also forget of the many shortcomings that said player has.

And I fully understand, that every player has had his fair share of failures and victories.

But it is HOW these failures occurred that I focus on.

Some of you like to belittle West for not winning. But it wasn't because he didn't perform.

Barkley never won, but it wasn't because he didn't perform either.

The same can be said about those that WON.

Horry has multiple rings, and sure he contributed to those victories. But are his contributions greater than those of somebody that only won one, when we look at their overall contribution?

But let me guess.... I'm the 'biased' one?

Da Mavs

It actually is.

Let me guess.... you rank him at 10?

Many people have short memories and are quickly excited when he (or anybody for that matter) does something great. Yet they lose track of the overall picture and forget about other great players. They also forget of the many shortcomings that said player has.

And I fully understand, that every player has had his fair share of failures and victories.

But it is HOW these failures occurred that I focus on.

Some of you like to belittle West for not winning. But it wasn't because he didn't perform.

Barkley never won, but it wasn't because he didn't perform either.

The same can be said about those that WON.

Horry has multiple rings, and sure he contributed to those victories. But are his contributions greater than those of somebody that only won one, when we look at their overall contribution?

But let me guess.... I'm the 'biased' one?
    Of course you are going to focuse on his failures. 4/6 titles/finals. The two times he lost it was to two of the greatest defensive teams in a long long time.

Horry never averaged more than 10 PPG in the playoffs That's what you call a role player moron.

Kobe was a big part of the 3 titles on Shaq's team and this was cleary his title as THE MAN.

Most reasonable people on ISH think Kobe is Top ten now, and if not now then definetly at the end of his career.

Not to mention guys like JVG, Jon Barry, Michael Wilbon, Magic Johnson, Tim Legler, and James Worthy. All of them said today that he's Top 10 all time. Most of those guys have been players or coaches. I'll take their historical perspective and knowledge of the game over anyone on here.

Local High School Star

He aint top 10.

He's around 25-28.

Oh well.... I think Kobe prefers having 4 rings than being on your mythical list.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Magic Johnson
    3. Larry Bird
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. Bill Russell
    7. Shaquille O'Neal
    8. Tim Duncan
    9. Hakeem Olajuwon
    10. Kobe Bryant

Jerry West moves down to #11.
    yawn me out. Wheres Isiah being the only star on a team that should have one three titles, but ony got 2 back to back because he got injured in the finals?

And double yawn, winning a title does not change much of anything. If Kobe lost 4 games out of 7 would he officially not be a top 10 player? Titles are team awards and don't mean much of anything in terms of individual accomplishment. Kobe's a top 10 player by riding Shaq's coat tails to 3 titles, then being lucky that KG got hurt, Yao went down and the Magic beat Lebron by hitting half their 3's? All those things would have prevented Kobe winning, so menh to it all.

Value Ape.

It will be interesting to see what some of the dissenting voters here opinions look like in 3 or 4 years. He will surely have accomplished more by then.

I am not sure if I rank him top ten at this point. I do not want euphoria influencing my opinion too much. He is getting into some rare air and he is... 30? 31?

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    yawn me out. Wheres Isiah being the only star on a team that should have one three titles, but ony got 2 back to back because he got injured in the finals?

And double yawn, winning a title does not change much of anything. If Kobe lost 4 games out of 7 would he officially not be a top 10 player? Titles are team awards and don't mean much of anything in terms of individual accomplishment. Kobe's a top 10 player by riding Shaq's coat tails to 3 titles, then being lucky that KG got hurt, Yao went down and the Magic beat Lebron by hitting half their 3's? All those things would have prevented Kobe winning, so menh to it all.
    Isiah was on one hell of a team. Rodman is the GOAT Rebounder. Laimbeer was tough as nails Dumars was his partner in crime. Replace Kobe on that team in place of Isiah, same results. Not to mention Adrian Dantley

Why are you saying comments that are already unproven?

Lakers 2-0 vs. Cavs

Lakers 2-0 vs. Celtics

Lakers 6-1 vs. Yao-Rockets (they matched up better without Yao IMO)

Kobe has gotten nearly every other award or made every other All-NBA list, this was what he was missing and it cements his legacy.

As if injuries haven't always changed the course of this sport

Duncan doesn't win in 99 if Ewing is healthy.

dude what season is this guy playing?

Top 15 player, this dude has been playing all-star basketball since season 2 IMO.

Good High School Starter

He just entered the top 15.Kobe has surpassed David Robinson,Bill Walton or Kevin Garnett,but there was and still is plenty of players FAR more accomplished than Kobe.

[B]-50

I think Andgar has some great points. Im not a Kobe hater, and I show my admiration for Duncan whenever possible (I probably like him and have rooted for him more than I have Shaq, depending on the times), but I put neither in my top 10 (though I struggle and sometimes flip flop on Duncan).

Titles speak volumes in the all time great discussion, but then other things even aside from statistics must be talked about too. I still have Dr. J and the Big O in the top 10 as while they have less titles, I think they are better players. Aside from that, anybody doubt Shaq could've carried them to 3 rings too, probably more.

Kobe Bryant is one of the most skilled and complete players ever, but I too think he can be inconsistent in certain aspects, especially in big series or games. Like when to take what the D gives him and not force and miss bad shots in adversity, overall offensive efficiency, defensively, leadership too. His performances in NBA finals over his career have pretty much left much to be desired, and besides game 1, I felt his performances were being overhyped against a team like Orlando, he wasn't bad (well besides late in game 3) but I think Pau was just as important. Not to mention that for most of his career he's struggled to use or trust teammates too and I think that's a big factor when looking at him as an individual leader if he didn't have Shaq and Phil (just like I'd look at what the hell would've happened to Jordan if not for Phil).

When it comes to Kobe, I just look at the fact that I'd prefer to build my team over Kobe with other players (including players that haven't won rings like a healthy Barkley, but I realize its hard to justify that) like Dr. J and Big O and I feel like I'd have even better results.

Still,one more Kobe or Duncan led ring would leave no doubt for them respectively. In my book. Still the way the media portrays him as a top 5 guy, well he'll have to go on a tear for me to see him there. Just like Shaq is underrated by the media, he's getting very overrated. I watched on Mike and Mike last week where they said no way he doesn't surpass Shaq in legacy if he already hadn't, well I look at it as no possible way he can. Shaq throughout his career was just a better player.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 06-15-2009 at 06:58 AM.