Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Much respect...D Rose

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    because garner was a physical conditioned trained fighter

god you're ****ing stupid
    Exactly the point, he was in terrible physical condition. Physically obese and numerous heart conditions. I was also unaware knowing how to fight and training stops you from having sudden cardiac arrest. I thank you for that knowledge.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

having a ****ing referee to stop the fight does though, lmao are you really this simple are are you trolling?

not to mention chokeholds have been banned since 1993

Respect to DRose

Condemned is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    those guys are trained to fight and are in top physical condition with great cardio.
    dude was overweight and not a pro fighter. Why do you think the ref stops the fight so fast, you really can kill someone with a choke... you think it was a coincidence he was choked unconscious and then died soon after?

and if he died an hour later and was still in the ambulance... isn't that a problem?
    He was talking to the paramedics in the ambulance before he had sudden cardiac arrest. It is a problem...for the ambulance team. That's why they are fined, suspended, and being investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Exactly the point, he was in terrible physical condition. Physically obese and numerous heart conditions. I was also unaware knowing how to fight and training stops you from having sudden cardiac arrest. I thank you for that knowledge.
    He had a sudden cardiac arrest because air was cut off to his brain to the point of unconsciousness. This is a dangerous and life threatening position to be in no matter what kind of physical condition a person is in.

having a ****ing referee to stop the fight does though, lmao are you really this simple are are you trolling?

not to mention chokeholds have been banned since 1993
    Not all fights are stopped before the fighter passes out. The referee in this instance would be the black female police sergeant who supervised the whole incident in person.

>trained fighter
    >Goes through vigorously training a unhealthy person like garner couldn't do
    >Has several physical exams to find any impediment/disease
    >Still fights
    >Refs still has to stop the chokehold from killing him

I wonder why gyms and trainers don't encourage the use of choke holds in a real life situation, oh that's right, because they can easily kill anyone

but hey lets ignore that, how about the fact that they were 5 officers there trying to arrest an innocent man who was minding his business?

College superstar

What the chance of Rose getting fined for wearing that shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    He had a sudden cardiac arrest because air was cut off to his brain to the point of unconsciousness. This is a dangerous and life threatening position to be in no matter what kind of physical condition a person is in.
    He had sudden cardiac arrest because he had numerous health issues including being morbidly obese, diabetes, heart disease, asthma and sleep apnea. Try to understand he didn't die at the scene. Did the choke that lasted a few seconds throughout the time of the short video help the situation? No. Was it the sole cause of his death? No. Did he die because of a choke? Ultimately no, the lack of salad did.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

He was talking to the paramedics in the ambulance before he had sudden cardiac arrest. It is a problem...for the ambulance team. That's why they are fined, suspended, and being investigated.
    its not about being unconscious its about the oxygen to his brain being cut off

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    >trained fighter
    >Goes through vigorously training a unhealthy person like garner couldn't do
    >Has several physical exams to find any impediment/disease
    >Still fights
    >Refs still has to stop the chokehold from killing him

I wonder why gyms and trainers don't encourage the use of choke holds in a real life situation, oh that's right, because they can easily kill anyone

but hey lets ignore that, how about the fact that they were 5 officers there trying to arrest an innocent man who was minding his business?
    31 prior arrests. Currently was out on bail at the time of the incident. There were more than 5 officers present, several of them black, the sergeant in charge also being black. Chokes on a normal person don't cause death an hour after the fact.

its not about being unconscious its about the oxygen to his brain being cut off
    Death, as well as brain damage, can occur after the brain has been depleted of oxygen after 5 minutes. Were talking a timeline in excess of an hour here. Try to remember we're also talking about heart condition, not a brain condition. He didn't have a stroke.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore magmo68's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Oh okay. Well then the people who were photoshopping the shirt to say "I can't play" earlier... wow, assholes
    Really...

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    DNP - Asthma

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

31 prior arrests. Currently was out on bail at the time of the incident. There were more than 5 officers present, several of them black, the sergeant in charge also being black. Chokes on a normal person don't cause death an hour after the fact.
    K just to be clear about a few things because it sounds like you're reading off of a newsmax talking points memo.

He didn't die an hour later, he was pronounced dead an hour later at the hospital. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

His 30 prior arrests were bullshit arrests as was what he was on bail for. He had one assault arrest on his record but an assault can also be a total bullshit charge. He didn't have any serious arrests or a history of violence. He was on bail for selling loosies and pot and driving offenses. Hardly anything to get uptight over.

That being said, I understand all of what you're saying and you make good points sometimes. The tragedy is that someone lost their life over nothing. That doesn't mean that the cops killed him in cold blood it means that this situation could have been avoided on all sides. He shouldn't be stupid enough to sell looses for the 800th time and the cops really didn't need to use force to arrest him. Because you're a criminal, it doesn't mean you deserve to die if you're breaking the law.

The problem is that people on all sides have a hard time viewing incidents like this objectively because they are hot button emotional issues and both sides tend to ignore the facts.