Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trip to Arlington National Cemetery today

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    DC buildings are beautiful and regal downtown
    I love the architecture of Chicago, but it's dangerous to go there. Last time I went in February, you can tell the safe areas are becoming smaller and smaller.

DC is no different now.

The District is off to a violent year, with over 50 confirmed homicides across the city. D.C. saw a staggering 53 percent spike in the murder rate in 2015, the highest rate in eight years. The alarming spike in homicides is spilling into 2016, tracking closely with last year’s figures.
    And apparently, it's not even the blacks doing it this time:

We warned two to three years ago that this influx over the border of illegal aliens was going to cause an increase in MS-13 and other gang-related crime,” Corey Stewart, chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisor, told Fox 5.
    Oh the irony... Luckily for Obama, his high walled fences (that we shouldn't build) and his security team with guns (that we shouldn't have) will protect him from his own stupid ass policies. It's almost comical that this type of violence, championed by the Democrats and Obama, have come full circle right to their door step.

But again, they don't care, it won't affect them. Your average DC resident though, needs to be on the lookout.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I love the architecture of Chicago, but it's dangerous to go there. Last time I went in February, you can tell the safe areas are becoming smaller and smaller.

DC is no different now.

And apparently, it's not even the blacks doing it this time:

Oh the irony... Luckily for Obama, his high walled fences (that we shouldn't build) and his security team with guns (that we shouldn't have) will protect him from his own stupid ass policies. It's almost comical that this type of violence, championed by the Democrats and Obama, have come full circle right to their door step.

But again, they don't care, it won't affect them. Your average DC resident though, needs to be on the lookout.
    Chicago is also a beautiful city. The architectural boat tour they do is one of the great hungover day trips in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Chicago is also a beautiful city. The architectural boat tour they do is one of the great hungover day trips in the country.
    Too cool. The river running through downtown is awesome. And the way it opens up the space along the banks is appealing. They did a great job.

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I always drive by there in DC and quietly think about all those who risked their lives for our freedom. RIP to all fallen countrymen in every past war.

Yeah DC is not a place I would want to live in but it's a great place to visit. The shady parts of DC are wild although as usual gentrification fixes crime issues in most issues. Northeast DC is a hot spot for gentrification.

I agree with the food. I was shocked how good the restaurants were. Always stuff to do... eh to be honest, I feel the nightlife is a little too professional/snobby at times. The disparity of wealth is kind of crazy once you drive through DC. Some of the rooftop places near the White House are apparently very posh.

Agreed wholeheartedly with the networking opportunities. I would even argue the networking opportunities for politics/law in DC is on par with finance in NYC maybe even more.
    Actually went to a rooftop event 2 weeks ago and Magic Johnson was there. He was extremely friendly and his security team is tall/big as hell.

As far as DC...just stay away from Southeast DC. Freakin' danger zone there.