Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #16
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rip Hamilton starting SG, McGrady coming off the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Vince is serviceable but not really a great option. We need someone that isn't already set in their ways and can grow with Rose imo. But Vince would work for the short term I think.

So your hoping that they go more in the direction of a younger player?

That would be ideal so let's see if management is able to pull it off.

Are you thinking of Marcus Thornton and Nick Young? Or am I not thinking of another possible young free agent?

OJ Mayo would be really nice, but I don't know if the Grizzlies would be willing to enter negotiations.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #17
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Is Shannon Brown another young guy you would consider could grow with DRose?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #18
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

It would be an upgrade but not by much. I'd rather see the Bulls try and get Brandon Roy. Sign T-Mac and Rip Hamilton as back ups.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
idizzle
Good college starter

http://www.freep.com/article/2011120.../1051/sports03
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle

I do wish the Bulls would give him a chance because if he is back to being nearly as good as he was in his prime that would be freakin' awesome for the Bulls.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

A lot of the guys the Bulls are considering have revolving around them a lot of uncertainty. Most of the guys we are looking into signing are either coming off of serious injuries, past their prime, or are once again trying to prove themselves. These all add up to possibly having a bad result, but also possibly a good result. We may get a player at a low cost because it would be taking a risk, but it may end up being worth it if that particular player proves all of the doubts on him to be wrong. Whether it be Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Caron Butler, Jason Richardson, Brandon Roy, Richard Hamilton or any of the other possibilities I think management knows the type of player that will fit into our current roster and will do the research and make sure the player is healthy enough to contribute for the season so I trust them to make the correct decision and bring us what may be the final piece we need to be there to fight for a championship.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #22
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Well you gotta see where the Bulls are coming from. We dont have cap space. Only a MLE. We do have trade assets but not as enticing as other teams could offer.

So why I would rather go for a guy like Afflalo or Thornton or JRich, I think we just will not be able to get em.

So guys like Butler, Rip, VC, TMac are our choices. All have questions concerning them but they have experience and that is vital for this team.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Well you gotta see where the Bulls are coming from. We dont have cap space. Only a MLE. We do have trade assets but not as enticing as other teams could offer.

So why I would rather go for a guy like Afflalo or Thornton or JRich, I think we just will not be able to get em.

So guys like Butler, Rip, VC, TMac are our choices. All have questions concerning them but they have experience and that is vital for this team.

I would really be careful signing veterans like VC and TMac, these guys are flakes, had histories of crumbling under pressure, lacking physical toughness etc. Bulls played really well not just bec of great coaching and talent but bec of very good chemistry, pulling for each other. Inserting a cancer can really ruin that for them.
Lakers, Boston and other major cities have been "creative" in making their rosters better inspite of them being over the cap. I can see guys like JRich and Crawford taking a discount to play for winner or the Bulls can trade some draft picks along with Korver or Brewer for sign and trade deals. I could be wrong but who knows.
tamaraw08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #24
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Screw it, bring in VC and TMac!!
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: