Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 02-15-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
gagnants
I brick open layups

gagnants has an OK reputation so far
Default So, Juan Dixon is on the table...

Chris Sheridan (espn.com) lists Juan Dixon as No. 3 on the "List of 10 players most likley to be traded":

well, i believe that the spurs definitely need someone more reliable than Udrih to backup Parker at the point guard spot. what do you all think about Dixon? he's shooting at a much better % than Udrih right now & i would think that his % would go up with someone like Duncan drawing attention & passing out of the post. i think that he'd make for some nice instant offense off the bench.

well, i don't know if we have the parts to get the deal done, but i'd like to get some feed back on spurs acquiring Dixon.

thanks

Last edited by gagnants : 02-15-2007 at 05:10 AM.
gagnants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: So, Juan Dixon is on the table...

we cant trade a worse PG for a decent one. it doesnt make sense unless beno is an expiring contract. we would have to give up either barry or finley and right now they are not worth juan dixon because jacque vaughn has just gotten the backup role.

my guess is, the spurs still try and trade for a solid SF...but i doubt it will happen before the trade deadline... most likely in the off season.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
gagnants
I brick open layups

gagnants has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
we cant trade a worse PG for a decent one. it doesnt make sense unless beno is an expiring contract. we would have to give up either barry or finley and right now they are not worth juan dixon because jacque vaughn has just gotten the backup role.

my guess is, the spurs still try and trade for a solid SF...but i doubt it will happen before the trade deadline... most likely in the off season.

i agree whole heartedly with your reasoning. there is no piece that we can let go of for a fair trade for dixon. i'm simply hoping that the spurs will make a move to improve guard ball handling come play-off time. i hope the GM can somehow work up a deal this weekend @ the all-star game to pick up a good ball handling sf or pg who can provide some scoring punch off the bench; it would be a great move for their playoff push.
gagnants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnants
i agree whole heartedly with your reasoning. there is no piece that we can let go of for a fair trade for dixon. i'm simply hoping that the spurs will make a move to improve guard ball handling come play-off time. i hope the GM can somehow work up a deal this weekend @ the all-star game to pick up a good ball handling sf or pg who can provide some scoring punch off the bench; it would be a great move for their playoff push.

Come playoff time, Barry will most likely be handling some of the ball-handling duties. Pop likes to use him when Parker gets frazzled, to calm things down a little bit.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
suave
Can barely lace up my sneakers

suave has an OK reputation so far
Red face Re: So, Juan Dixon is on the table...

Hey Chris Sherdian-but you said that the Most top 10 Most Likey that about the Juan Dixon and they all want him playing with the Spurs so that you do the espn.com Right so that Maybe you can do this but for me please.but the Most Likey that the 10 Most that it is for Juan Dixon is on the table so that i made a Good 10 Most Likey trade that i want you to Look please on the the trade Machine please.

well, i believe that the spurs definitely need someone more reliable than Udrih to backup Parker at the point guard spot. what do you all think about Dixon? he's shooting at a much better % than Udrih right now & i would think that his % would go up with someone like Duncan drawing attention & passing out of the post. i think that he'd make for some nice instant offense off the bench.

well, i don't know if we have the parts to get the deal done, but i'd like to get some feed back on spurs acquiring Dixon.

thanks[/quote]
suave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: