Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    Same shit every year.

There is nothing wrong with his game, its his attitude and mindset that needs work.

He plays to 75% of his ability in the Finals and the Heat could have swept.

Instead he doesnt turn up. He needs a shrink not Hakeem
    Also true.Must be blind to not see he losts his confidence so quickly when things go wrong.
    Last edited by rodman91; 08-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Any footage of LeBron working with Hakeem?

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I dont think they took any. it could've been all over the net by now.

3-time NBA All-Star

At least he went to the master.. Though I think that Mchale's footwork would be easier for Lebron to learn.. Not sure if anyone but THE DREAM COULD PULL OFF HIS FOOTWORK.. STAY SAFE

NBA rookie of the year

Of course Kobe had a decent post game before 2009. He had a copy of Michael Jordan's "Hangtime" lodged pretty firmly up his ass.

Anyways, kudos to LeBron for recognizing he needed to work on this aspect of his game. If he can develop it, the rest of the league is in big trouble.

Learning to shoot layups herschel4heisman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I hope people understand that working with Hakeem doesn't automatically mean you'll be great in the post. Howard is probably the only player that has been more successful working with Hakeem.

I remember Emeka Okafor and Josh Smith worked with Hakeem, how much better are they?
    Josh Smith's post game remarkably improved after the summer with Hakeem. He had perhaps his best season bc he stopped taking 3s and played predominantly from the post. Now when he works out of the post he is much improved than what he was several years ago. The issue with him is for some reason that is not apparent to anyone else, he prefers to linger 15-18 ft away from the basket as opposed to what he does best. Hakeem helped him out with his back to the basket game but helping Josh out with his Bball IQ is beyond Hakeem's scope of expertise.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

"no pic or its all fake"

Magic Johnson

Why is this news? According to LeBron, he's been working on his post game for the past 5 years. Seriously, until LeBron proves it on the court no one should get excited. LeBron talking about his post game is like Jermaine O'Neal telling everyone he's going to be healthy and return to his all-star self.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

LeBron and Dwight have been working on the Dream Shake since forever.

Magic Johnson

I remember LeBron mentioning his improved post game at the beginning of his 2nd or 3rd year. He came out hot and made like 5-6 threes and the announcers were like, "Folks, he's added range to his game, but his post game has gone up a whole 'nother level."

Arcadia, CA

lebron pounding the ball means wade wont have the ball as often.........good news for the league

Why not work with McHale? He had the best post moves ever...

Sorry for the late pass but i have to say here I’m glad to see Lebron take steps to improve his game. I’m surprised he had not done this before, but working with Hakeem can’t hurt.

My only critique of Lebron nowadays has mostly been that he does not seem to have fine-tuned skills (moves) with his back to the basket in the post, he seems to succeed there somehow anyways on raw talent/strength/size over a smaller defender more than enough though (when he rarely posts up), overpowering his defender with sheer strength & size, but there goes the limit to his post game skills. If he works on this, his post game will be comfortable and that means even more efficient scoring and as unselfish playmaker he is even more passing , which is a scary thought, because just take look at what such size can do to a perimeter player who has great passing ability, court vision and post game (Magic Johnson), you make not only yourself but your teammates better. In the halfcourt and on the perimeter Magic never had to drive past or crossover or jump over anybody, he simply turned his back and walked around with that defender on him wherever he wanted to on the floor looking to make the best play for himself or his teammates, Lebrons back to the basket game is not at that level in the post or anywhere on the court.

He has always been a star and the number one player lately, read the one everyone depends on to win, especially the team he was on and I feel this has caused him to do everything and rely on raw talent too much.

Last year in Miami was really the first time where a team didn’t depend solely on him to win; he was needed but this need was spread between him and D. Wade and a theoretical extension to Chris Bosh. So its very different situation he is in, a situation where the correct gamestyle will be extremly handy and a post game is a good start. This and the move [working with Olajuwon] could be proof that he took the core of the critiques thrown at him to heart and decided to do something about it… good for him.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 09-06-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge
    Why not work with McHale? He had the best post moves ever...
    If you were Kevin McHale, do you want to work with this Loser ?