Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Default Re: Does LeBron have the most compelling/breathtaking story/legacy of any athlete ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    Or take Muhammad Ali. The things he went through are simply not comparable to the things LeBron James endured. I mean not even close.
    Yeah, Muhammad Ali's story is very interesting. A big part of his story is losing his title for his refusal into the draft, and losing his title. It's still not nearly as bad as what Joe Louis went through....the guy tried to support USA in WWII and he ends up getting accused of trying to defraud the government.

Boxing has a lot of interesting (and tragic) stories, which is part of the reason why boxing movies work well in Hollywood.

George Foreman had a crazy life: starting off as a thug and serial mugger in Houston's Fifth Ward, becoming the Olympic Gold Medalist in short time but was berated for being a "sellout" and "Uncle Tom" for raising the American flag in the same Olympics that John Carlos & Tommy Smith raised their fists, upsets Joe Frazier for the title, loses to Ali and goes into a severe depression, fights a few more times and loses to Jimmy Young in which he suffered a heat stroke and hallucinated in the shower and was telling everyone "it's okay if I die, God wants me to die", he becomes a preacher, kidnaps his kids from his estranged wife in St. Lucia while being searched by armed guards with Uzis, escapes on a boat with rastas who are smuggling drugs, starts boxing again, eventually wins the HW title again (the true lineal title, not a paper title), and makes a gazillion dollar off a grill.

Default Re: Does LeBron have the most compelling/breathtaking story/legacy of any athlete ever?

Quote Originally Posted by bond10
    As a player Lebron is great and all. But I'd be a fan if he cut out all this crap:

Along with his endless flops. If you're gonna flop, at least don't look like a complete dumb***. He's a big dude and it just looks weird to see him flop around.

Also, yall need to stop overrating this championship. Yes he beat one of the best regular season team ever (GSW). But that's about it, his road wasn't exactly a massive obstacle compared to other greats. The east is such crap that we knew Cavs were going to the finals last summer and so far it looks like they'll be getting to the finals again next year.
    Unfortunately, flopping is apart of the game now - players will do it to sell the call. That's not going to change, for the most part. To blame Lebron only is a personal vendetta - we've seen all players do it now in the league. is it right, no, but you're going to watch the NBA regardless if it is there or not.

The dancing hasn't been done for a while - you're the one still holding onto it.

and to say stop overrating the championship is again, a personal vendetta - you stated it yourself, the Cavs upset "arguably" the best team to ever play in the NBA. not to mention being down 3-1 and only 2 teams ever made it a 7-game series before them, and they are the only team to actually win it all. there is no way to NOT overrate it - it is such a huge feat and upset, and add to the fact it is Cleveland's first pro-title in 50yrs, it's not going to stop, and it shouldnt
    Last edited by r15mohd; 06-21-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    Yeah, Muhammad Ali's story is very interesting. A big part of his story is losing his title for his refusal into the draft, and losing his title. It's still not nearly as bad as what Joe Louis went through....the guy tried to support USA in WWII and he ends up getting accused of trying to defraud the government.

Boxing has a lot of interesting (and tragic) stories, which is part of the reason why boxing movies work well in Hollywood.

George Foreman had a crazy life: starting off as a thug and serial mugger in Houston's Fifth Ward, becoming the Olympic Gold Medalist in short time but was berated for being a "sellout" and "Uncle Tom" for raising the American flag in the same Olympics that John Carlos & Tommy Smith raised their fists, upsets Joe Frazier for the title, loses to Ali and goes into a severe depression, fights a few more times and loses to Jimmy Young in which he suffered a heat stroke and hallucinated in the shower and was telling everyone "it's okay if I die, God wants me to die", he becomes a preacher, kidnaps his kids from his estranged wife in St. Lucia while being searched by armed guards with Uzis, escapes on a boat with rastas who are smuggling drugs, starts boxing again, eventually wins the HW title again (the true lineal title, not a paper title), and makes a gazillion dollar off a grill.
    Truly incredible.

unbelievable....

instead of making Space Jams 2, they should make a movie about his career. Truly an inspiration.

You desperately need a life

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Unfortunately, flopping is apart of the game now - players will do it to sell the call. That's not going to change, for the most part. To blame Lebron only is a personal vendetta - we've seen all players do it now in the league. is it right, no, but you're going to watch the NBA regardless if it is there or not.

The dancing hasn't been done for a while - you're the one still holding onto it.

and to say stop overrating the championship is again, a personal vendetta - you stated it yourself, the Cavs upset "arguably" the best team to ever play in the NBA. not to mention being down 3-1 and only 2 teams ever made it a 7-game series before them, and they are the only team to actually win it all. there is no way to NOT overrate it - it is such a huge feat and upset, and add to the fact it is Cleveland's first pro-title in 50yrs, it's not going to stop, and it shouldnt

Yeah most of it is preference. I just dislike primadonnas. It's an incredible championship, but people on this board are claiming he's top 3 all time, this is where it's becoming overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by bond10
    Yeah most of it is preference. I just dislike primadonnas. It's an incredible championship, but people on this board are claiming he's top 3 all time, this is where it's becoming overrated.
    i wouldnt say top 3 - MJ, Kareem, Bill and Magic have a good hold up there - he can be as high as top 5, where Lebron, TD, Shaq, Wilt can all swap places.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    i wouldnt say top 3 - MJ, Kareem, Bill and Magic have a good hold up there - he can be as high as top 5, where Lebron, TD, Shaq, Wilt can all swap places.
    Yeah I have him at 6-8 somewhere.