Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
ukfan22
High school junior varsity star

Default PG Ryan Harrow, who left NC State, heads to Kentucky

NC State transfer picks Kentucky over Louisville, UGA and Texas, per Scout and Rivals.

I'm excited. He's very talented, and he'll get a year in the system battling Teague in practice before he gets to play. There wasn't really a great 2012 PG prospect out there, besides Purvis, so this makes sense.

Cal usually likes bigger guards, but we'll see what he can do with Harrow.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Grinder

Default Re: Ryan Harrow to Kentucky

The rich get richer. Harrow was great at NC State this past season.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Sporting News reports:

Harrow is a 6-1 playmaker from Marietta, Ga., who arrived at State as a 5-star prospect and averaged 23 minutes and 9.3 points per game. He made 10 starts for coach Sidney Lowe, who was dismissed at the close of the season.

Kentucky's decision to accept Harrow, who has three seasons of eligibility remaining, appears to break the recent run of top-of-the-line point guards for John Calipari.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
ukfan22
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Sporting News reports:

Harrow is a 6-1 playmaker from Marietta, Ga., who arrived at State as a 5-star prospect and averaged 23 minutes and 9.3 points per game. He made 10 starts for coach Sidney Lowe, who was dismissed at the close of the season.

Kentucky's decision to accept Harrow, who has three seasons of eligibility remaining, appears to break the recent run of top-of-the-line point guards for John Calipari.

Well, that's a silly thing for them to say.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Harrow was "only" ranked 6th and 8th by Rivals and Scout at his position, but the 2010 class was pretty PG loaded. He was a 5* top 15-30 player on about every recruiting site. Not sure how that's not top of the line.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Harrow was "only" ranked 6th and 8th by Rivals and Scout at his position, but the 2010 class was pretty PG loaded. He was a 5* top 15-30 player on about every recruiting site. Not sure how that's not top of the line.
Calipari has a streak going from Rose to Tyreke to Wall to Knight to Teague(in 2012) of bringing in the top PG in the recruiting class and sending them to the NBA.

Im guessing he took Harrow due to the lack of an elite PG in 2012, there is talk he is trying to recruit Rodney Purvis as a big PG a la Tyreke.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Calipari has a streak going from Rose to Tyreke to Wall to Knight to Teague(in 2012) of bringing in the top PG in the recruiting class and sending them to the NBA.

Im guessing he took Harrow due to the lack of an elite PG in 2012, there is talk he is trying to recruit Rodney Purvis as a big PG a la Tyreke.

Yeah, right now Duke, Kentucky, and NC State and, I guess still, Louisville are the schools recruiting Purvis the hardest, who I think is actually listed as a PG by most people, but is more of a combo-guard from what I've heard.

Purvis is only listed at 6'3" or 6'4' would actually make him about the same exact size as Brandon Knight.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, right now Duke, Kentucky, and NC State and, I guess still, Louisville are the schools recruiting Purvis the hardest, who I think is actually listed as a PG by most people, but is more of a combo-guard from what I've heard.

Purvis is only listed at 6'3" or 6'4' would actually make him about the same exact size as Brandon Knight.

Seeing his recent tweets makes me think he is highest on Kentucky. I know all of the Louisville recruits jumped off as soon as Fuller left for Mizzou, and now their recruiting has picked up.

You cant go wrong with Duke or Kentucky if you're interested in getting to the NBA. The stuff of him on Youtube looks impressive.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: