Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a straight marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a woman's honey jar, and in return she makes him commit to her. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' will result after two mates hook up at Trunks' Rainbow Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic aint the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.
    Here mate

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBull
    I applaud them. I don't hate gays, but it's called holy matrimony for a reason.
    What is the reason?

I really flamed up the board starting this thread.

This one too, chap
    You operate under the assumption that the sole reason people marry is to facilitate procreation. This is the entire basis for your argument. Not only is this simply false, it is incredibly arrogant of you to decide that you get to define marriage and you get to decide what other people will do.

You essentially say, "Same-sex marriage is silly. I don't see a point to it, therefore no one else will, therefore I get to decide that no one of the same sex should be allowed to be married."

Here's the thing: You don't get to decide how other people will live their life because people are entitled to their freedom. Just because you think it is illogical doesn't mean that everyone in the world should be forced to live by your opinion.

If two adults want to consummate their relationship in the way that people conventionally achieve this in our society, marriage, they should be allowed to, regardless of what you think it is irrational or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    You operate under the assumption that the sole reason people marry is to facilitate procreation. This is the entire basis for your argument. Not only is this simply false, it is incredibly arrogant of you to decide that you get to define marriage and you get to decide what other people will do.

You essentially say, "Same-sex marriage is silly. I don't see a point to it, therefore no one else will, therefore I get to decide that no one of the same sex should be allowed to be married."

Here's the thing: You don't get to decide how other people will live their life because people are entitled to their freedom. Just because you think it is illogical doesn't mean that everyone in the world should be forced to live by your opinion.

If two adults want to consummate their relationship in the way that people conventionally achieve this in our society, marriage, they should be allowed to, regardless of what you think it is irrational or not.
    They can consummate all they want behind closed doors. If theyre asking the goverment to get involved, it is up to society as a whole to decide if thyd like it to. I just illustrated why many do not see a rational explanation for government involvement in homosexual relationships. Less government is better anyway, mate. Regular marriage at least has roots. We dont need to add more to the governments plate for somethin utterly unnecessary.

You just support somethin silly because you are afraid to be the 'bad guy' when the group seeks to misguidedly blame someone, mate. Dont hate the player, hate the game. Aint my fault anyone was born gay. Aint societies fault either. We shouldnt have to go and rearrange things for no reason other than some blokes who only make a fuss because theyre told they cant have it. If nobody opposed it they probably would never marry anyway.

This thread needs to be moved to the off topic section, and I'm the one who started it.

They can consummate all they want behind closed doors. If theyre asking the goverment to get involved, it is up to society as a whole to decide if thyd like it to. I just illustrated why many do not see a rational explanation for government involvement in homosexual relationships. Less government is better anyway, mate. Regular marriage at least has roots. We dont need to add more to the governments plate for somethin utterly unnecessary.

You just support somethin silly because you are afraid to be the 'bad guy' when the group seeks to misguidedly blame someone, mate. Dont hate the player, hate the game. Aint my fault anyone was born gay. Aint societies fault either. We shouldnt have to go and rearrange things for no reason other than some blokes who only make a fuss because theyre told they cant have it. If nobody opposed it they probably would never marry anyway.
    You accuse other people of stereotyping? I think that's your problem actually. I've already said that it should not matter what you think about same sex marriage, people should be free to decide for themselves. If you think the government is going to collapse from a few more marriages, you are delusional. Oh no, what if we use up too much paper printing all of the extra marriage certificates? Be real here, it's hardly more responsibility for the government, it is a basic and natural extension of a currently existing service.

Yes, it is not anyone's fault that gays exist. But they do. To act like society should ignore them because they are different is xenophobic bigotry. Yes, you are a bigot if you think that the government should not make a effortless change in order to allow people equal freedoms.

As for your last sentence

Heterosexuals aren't denied the right to marry and they still do. Why? Because people like companionship and marriage is a way to consummate it. They can't consummate it behind closed doors because it is illegal (in some states) although they could if it weren't.

Marriage hurts nobody. What reason is there to deny it to any segment of the population? All of these supposed arguments you propose are essentially how people justified segregation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    You accuse other people of stereotyping? I think that's your problem actually. I've already said that it should not matter what you think about same sex marriage, people should be free to decide for themselves. If you think the government is going to collapse from a few more marriages, you are delusional. Oh no, what if we use up too much paper printing all of the extra marriage certificates? Be real here, it's hardly more responsibility for the government, it is a basic and natural extension of a currently existing service.

Yes, it is not anyone's fault that gays exist. But they do. To act like society should ignore them because they are different is xenophobic bigotry. Yes, you are a bigot if you think that the government should not make a effortless change in order to allow people equal freedoms.

As for your last sentence

Heterosexuals aren't denied the right to marry and they still do. Why? Because people like companionship and marriage is a way to consummate it. They can't consummate it behind closed doors because it is illegal (in some states) although they could if it weren't.

Marriage hurts nobody. What reason is there to deny it to any segment of the population? All of these supposed arguments you propose are essentially how people justified segregation.

Youre just emotion mongerig over and over mate.

Do me a favor and highlight the examples of potentially rampant fraud i highlighted with regards to american residency as well as joint benefits, and respond to those points chap.

'Love' is as arbitrary as religion, mate. 'They love each other you should marry them!" aint an argument, mate. In fact, 'gay' is ambiguous as well, no? Your arguments are designed to appeal to blokes who are soft and think with their heart not their head.

You keep repeatin falsehoods. The rights are equal right now. Nobody is mistreating gays (by opposing same sex marriage). You are purposely trying to create the false arguments that all SSM opponents are hateful. You are purposely tryin to imply defining marriage with a practical approach that doesnt inolve same sex is some kind of harsh persecution.

This is the littlest deal in the world mate. This dont hurt anybody who's gay. Marriage doesnt servethem any purpose so theyre not missin anything. Again, youre only cryin so much because you are sensitive, and you want others to see you bein so bloody sensitive. Go have a big group hug mate. Youre a girl.

Do me a favor and highlight the examples of potentially rampant fraud i highlighted with regards to american residency as well as joint benefits, and respond to those points chap.

'Love' is as arbitrary as religion, mate. 'They love each other you should marry them!" aint an argument, mate. In fact, 'gay' is ambiguous as well, no? Your arguments are designed to appeal to blokes who are soft and think with their heart not their head.

You keep repeatin falsehoods. The rights are equal right now. Nobody is mistreating gays (by opposing same sex marriage). You are purposely trying to create the false arguments that all SSM opponents are hateful. You are purposely tryin to imply defining marriage with a practical approach that doesnt inolve same sex is some kind of harsh persecution.

This is the littlest deal in the world mate. This dont hurt anybody who's gay. Marriage doesnt servethem any purpose so theyre not missin anything. Again, youre only cryin so much because you are sensitive, and you want others to see you bein so bloody sensitive. Go have a big group hug mate. Youre a girl.
    Ad hominem attacks. I think this is over. If you ever have answers for any of my questions hit me up, if not, don't bother. I'm done with this thread. Peace out.

People can fight it all they want but gay marraige will be legal eventually. Only a matter of time.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    People can fight it all they want but gay marraige will be legal eventually. Only a matter of time.
    Truth. This country has been trending towards social liberalism since it's inception.

You're trying a little too hard to seem anti-gay.

Reverse psychology much?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

The people that argue for traditional marriage are often from religious backgrounds who don't realise that 'traditional marriage' includes polygamy and having concubines and all that stuff.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBrizzy
    The people that argue for traditional marriage are often from religious backgrounds who don't realise that 'traditional marriage' includes polygamy and having concubines and all that stuff.
    I know! If only it were like that in the US today...

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Separate church from state.... If a church don't want marry gays that's their prerogative. But to make that law?

The bible ain't the law.... It is not our constitution.

Matter of fact there are crazy things written about marriage in the bible. Like suggestion if a man dies his wife must conceive a child with his brother. Are you people pushing for that?

Point is....if gays want to get married your beliefs in your faith has nothing to do with our freedoms from our constitution.
    Last edited by DirtySanchez; 08-08-2012 at 12:19 AM.