Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Is anyone as excited for 2006-2007 as I am?

I am so hyped about this upcoming season. I truly do believe we are going to win it all. I just finished watching an interview of Kobe Bryant on Youtube.com, fresh from his trip to Asia and he had this sly smirk on his face the whole time. It was as if he knew something about this year's team that nonone else knows.

Well, I'll tell you all that I know what Kobe knows. This team is much, much stronger than anyone realizes. Firstly, the additions. Adding Radmanovic to this team is like adding a budding Dirk Nowitzki (yes, I likened him to Dirk) to your team. Then, in Maurice Evans, you are adding a Raja Bell type, only with mad hops. In Farmar and Williams you add two true point guards, one of which has years of experience, quickness, and a deadly three point shot, and the other excellent court vision and leadership.

Then, you have to consider the anticipated maturity of the returning players. Smush Parker: worked his ass off this summer, adding muscle and a mid-range jump shot. Kobe: more muscle to an already sterling game. Odom: spiritual growth as a result of tragic loss of son. Brown: has added a ton of muscle, as well as working on his hook shot, and some good low post moves. Bynum: this guy looks like he could bully Shaq now. He has really got big. Turiaf, experience with the French national team should help, plus, he can actually play a full season now.

This team is going to win it all, folks. They have addressed all of their weaknesses from last year, and are ready to win it all. My only hope is that they do it against Shaq and the heat.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really like your enthusiasm man and i know they will do great but I think it is asking for too much to think they will win the championship.

Keep in mind we still dont have a defender to defend iverson, nash, maybe farmar can do that with proper experience getting his ankles broken once or twice.

But once again, I love your enthusiasm and i think they can advance in the first round to the second this year.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default just my opinion.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I really like your enthusiasm man and i know they will do great but I think it is asking for too much to think they will win the championship.
Keep in mind we still dont have a defender to defend iverson, nash, maybe farmar can do that with proper experience getting his ankles broken once or twice.

But once again, I love your enthusiasm and i think they can advance in the first round to the second this year.

i second that, hey maybe the these Lakers can prove me wrong and i'm ok with that
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I love your enthusiasm and you make great points but I think championship is a little too far. I think we're WCF material if everything is good but we will have to go through teams like suns,dallas, or spurs...and teams the we might face earlier who could pose a very challenging road to us like rockets or clipps. But hey, I hope you're right.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Kwame keeps improving we wont need much more pieces to win the ship...just experience...so after we get eliminated this year from 2nd round let's say, we should keep the same roster and they will still be really young but with a lotttt more experience.

Then we can start beating aging teams like SA, Phoenix, Heat.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #6
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-shaq
Well first off i like to say we are gonna suck this year because we got radmanovich and because we are a young team and we have no experience and we couldnt make a basket if it was one of those little kid leap frog ones was put it front of us but anyways i have a dream that shaq (my worst enemy) will be the best player to ever live and he will win another championship against th lakers this year

...and w/that said Snaq daddy once again has opened up his pie-hole guaranteeing on capturing back 2 back championships w/the Heat, and if so there will be more gloating to be done on the kobester considering he'll be up 5 to 3 on Kobe.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #7
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-shaq
Before you post a forum know wat topic you are discussing do not just go off topic talking about absolutley nothing furthermore i have to say propper english would be highly appreciated when you post thank you and have a fantastic day. Shaq is unbelieveable. Without shaq this game is nothing.

Love and God Bless,

Anit-shaq

Anit or Anti Shaq or what ever you believe yourself out to be is not demonstrating proper not propper english on your behalf. Dude in which part of my response you didn't understand the proper english in which I was merely commenting back on what Shaq had previously stated a few days ago guaranteeing the Heat of back 2 back championships which is also similar to you having dreams about Shaq winning it again . So where did I go off on absolutely not absolutley talking about nothing related to your topic of Shaq winning another championship , afterall last I checked this Laker forum is all about BB related issues.Though you can't be too bad of a guy ending your post w/a Love and God Bless. Peace out!

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 10-07-2006 at 08:53 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: