Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Felton to undergo MRI; Out for the weekend.

Quote:
As of Thursday’s practice, Raymond Felton’s status for Friday’s game against Seattle at Charlotte Bobcats Arena was still uncertain.

Felton left Wednesday’s 110-108 overtime loss in Boston in the third quarter with a back injury and did not return. He did not practice on Thursday and Bobcats General Manager & Head Coach Bernie Bickerstaff said he is scheduled to undergo and MRI today.

If for any reason Felton is unable to go against the Sonics, Adam Morrison, Matt Carroll or Bernard Robinson could step into the starting lineup alongside Brevin Knight, and Bickerstaff said Robinson would move into the role of backup point guard as well.

“I would be comfortable in that situation,” Robinson said after Thursday’s practice. “I’ve been out here doing it for a couple of weeks now, so I know the offense better. I’ll be alright if called upon. I’m sure they’re going to have to help me out a little bit, though.

“From watching Brevin and Ray, I know I would be able to do it exactly the same way they can do it, but I think I would be able to get the team into the offense and calm the team down.”

At 6-6 and 210 pounds, Robinson would also prove to be a difficult matchup for Charlotte’s opponents at the point.

“I have the height to see over my defender, and I think we would try to use that to our advantage as far as me being able to see what’s going on out there on the floor,” he said. “It also would probably work to our advantage on the defensive end, as I would probably be able to smother my man defensively and make things difficult for him.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brezec Doing Some Running
While Felton was absent from Thursday’s practice, center Primoz Brezec was seen for the second-straight practice day running his teammates at the end of practice.

“Primoz is doing just a little bit,” Bickerstaff said. “He’ll do a drill where he can rest and that’s it. Nothing has changed.”

Brezec has been sidelined with exhaustion since November 1 and was expected to miss at least two weeks while recovering.
hope it's not serious.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Please let's not start with the injuries now.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Charlotte observer:
Quote:
Raymond Felton says he’s also out for Sunday’s home game against the Denver Nuggets. Sitting is definitely not his idea.

“Joe Sharpe decided,’’ said Felton, referring to the Charlotte Bobcats’ trainer. “If it were up to me, I’d be playing.’’

Felton has an incredible pain tolerance, but Sharpe is doing the right thing by shutting him down for the weekend.

Felton bruised a rib against the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday, and had to leave Wednesday’s loss to the Boston Celtics when the injury acted up. He was already scratched from tonight’s game against the Seattle Supersonics.

Felton promised he’d be playing again “no later than Tuesday’s game’’ in Oklahoma City against the Hornets.

No surprise there, since missing that game would also mean missing a match-up with Chris Paul.

Alan Anderson will be activated tonight for the first time this season, and don’t be surprised if he gets a long look from coach Bernie Bickerstaff.

Anderson has been out with back and foot problems. He says his back is now fine and the foot problem - an arch injury - is just a matter of getting in a long warm-up.

Bickerstaff says no one has distinguished himself among the reserves beyond Adam Morrison and Sean May. Anderson is long (6-6), has shooting range and can be a physical defender. It’s easy to forget how well Anderson played late last season, as a fill-in starter.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

I'm glad Joe's not letting him play which would probably make the injury worst. The good thing is, we will get to see Adam play more minutes.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah and it will also give Robinson the chance to prove he's good enough to be in the league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: