Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The return of Sonny Weems

19 points on 8 for 16 shooting and 4 assists in a 17 point victory over Panathinaikos. Leading a team that looks sure to advance out of the top 16 in points and 2nd in assists. While a Euroleague MVP might be a bit of a stretch I still think Sonny has a chance of making an All-Euroleague team.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    19 points on 8 for 16 shooting and 4 assists in a 17 point victory over Panathinaikos. Leading a team that looks sure to advance out of the top 16 in points and 2nd in assists. While a Euroleague MVP might be a bit of a stretch I still think Sonny has a chance of making an All-Euroleague team.
    How is he leading the team ? Teodosic had 20 and 7 in this game and is 4th best scorer and 3rd in asists in top 16 so he is clearly playing better and there are Krstic and Khryapa who are also better than Weems . Look at index rating for this game and you will se that he didn't play that well , he is lucky Teodosic created some easy dunks for him or he would have had a bad game .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    How is he leading the team ? Teodosic had 20 and 7 in this game and is 4th best scorer and 3rd in asists in top 16 so he is clearly playing better and there are Krstic and Khryapa who are also better than Weems . Look at index rating for this game and you will se that he didn't play that well , he is lucky Teodosic created some easy dunks for him or he would have had a bad game .
    Leading the team in points or ppg. I am not saying he is the best player on CSKA. In fact you are right, he is probably the 4th best player on CSKA, but still if he is the leading scorer on a team that makes the quarter-finals or even the final four he has to be in consideration for an all-Euroleague spot.

Leading the team in points or ppg. I am not saying he is the best player on CSKA. In fact you are right, he is probably the 4th best player on CSKA, but still if he is the leading scorer on a team that makes the quarter-finals or even the final four he has to be in consideration for an all-Euroleague spot.
    He won't be considered for an all Euroleague spot and it doesn't matter that he is leading his team in ppg because he only did it in regular season where he faced weaker teams in top 16 he is playing solid at best and that doesn't win you a place in an all Euroleague team.

You said he is 2nd in assists in CSKA but that isn't true he is 3rd , you also forgot to say he has 2 apg and 2 tpg so it's nothing to brag about .

He is also a bad rebounder last game Teodosic who is a pg had more rebounds than him , when CSKA played against Real Fernandez had career high of 13 rebounds because Weems guarded him , against Unicaja he didn't get a rebound in 29 minutes .

And his defense isn't good at all so he isn't even one of the 5 best player on CSKA in top 16 . Teodosic , Krstic , Khryapa , Kaun and Micov all have better pir than him and are better defenders and being worse defensive player than Krstic and Teodosic is hard ( well Teodosic is good at team defense and he improved his man defense this year so you can call his defense solid but Krstic is still bad ).

SO n

He isn't. Like I keep telling you, gabepizza is a troll. Besides that, he just looks at box scores and never watches a game. He's probably never even seen Weems play.

Weems is really athletic, a really good dunker, and he's a really good jump shooter. He's also a decent passer. But he's in no way in hell leading CSKA.

Teodosic, Khryapa, Krstic, and Kaun are all better players than he is on that team. He's the 5th best player on CSKA.

But to a troll like gabepizza that is an NBA only fan, and never watches these games anyway, that is "leading CSKA"..............

Remember this is the same guy that claimed Josh Childress and Ricky Rubio dominated in Euroleague.

He won't be considered for an all Euroleague spot and it doesn't matter that he is leading his team in ppg because he only did it in regular season where he faced weaker teams in top 16 he is playing solid at best and that doesn't win you a place in an all Euroleague team.

You said he is 2nd in assists in CSKA but that isn't true he is 3rd , you also forgot to say he has 2 apg and 2 tpg so it's nothing to brag about .

He is also a bad rebounder last game Teodosic who is a pg had more rebounds than him , when CSKA played against Real Fernandez had career high of 13 rebounds because Weems guarded him , against Unicaja he didn't get a rebound in 29 minutes .

And his defense isn't good at all so he isn't even one of the 5 best player on CSKA in top 16 . Teodosic , Krstic , Khryapa , Kaun and Micov all have better pir than him and are better defenders and being worse defensive player than Krstic and Teodosic is hard ( well Teodosic is good at team defense and he improved his man defense this year so you can call his defense solid but Krstic is still bad ).

SO n
    Krstic and Weems are horrid defenders.

SO n

Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams. Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player. If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.

Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams. Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player. If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.
    You are an idiot. Kirilenko has never been that good of an offensive player and he wasn't last year either.

Weems just basically does nothing but shoot open jump shots or dunk the ball.

Neither one of those players has anything to do with leading CSKA on offense the last two years.

You clearly have some kind of mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are an idiot. Kirilenko has never been that good of an offensive player and he wasn't last year either.

Weems just basically does nothing but shoot open jump shots or dunk the ball.

Neither one of those players has anything to do with leading CSKA on offense the last two years.

You clearly have some kind of mental disorder.
    Who said offense? Kirilenko was the league MVP and DPOY so he definitely was a top player on CSKA. Weems is leading the team in scoring so he is also one of the leaders of the team. Other teams actually have coaches and scouts too and they will actually try to play defense against a team's top scorer they are not retarded like you.

Krstic and Weems are horrid defenders.
    I said that

Teodosic, Khryapa, Krstic, and Kaun are all better players than he is on that team. He's the 5th best player on CSKA.
    I would take Micov over Weems .

Weems is more athletic and is better jump shoter but Micov is also very good at hitting open jumpers but he can't create for himselfe like Weems can .

Micov is better at every other thing : defense , rebounding , passing etc.
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 02-15-2013 at 02:57 PM.

This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.

Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams.Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player.If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.
    First bold - Them and 6 more players but 1 of them left the team .

If you watched the game you would see that Teodosic created 2 or 3 easy dunks that only few pg would create .

Also Teodosic who was first scorer and Kaun who was 3rd combined had 1 more fga than Weems it only proves that Weems takes too many shots .

2nd bold - He is geting recognition he deserves he is 6th or 5th best player on CSKA and people acknowledge that .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 02-15-2013 at 02:56 PM.

First bold - Them and 6 more players but 1 of them left the team .

If you watched the game you would see that Teodosic created 2 or 3 easy dunks that only few pg would create .

Also Teodosic who was first scorer and Kaun who was 3rd combined had 1 more fga than Weems it only proves that Weems takes too many shots .

2nd bold - He is geting recognition he deserves he is 6th or 5th best player on CSKA and people acknowledge that .
    I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.

This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.
    Bold 1 - He only led them in regular season where the weakest teams are in top 16 he isn't leading them and if he doesn't led them in ppg in top 8 he him leading the team in points won't matter because he couldn't do it against better teams .

Bold 2 - And 6 TOs

Also this is his best or 2nd best game in top 16 he usualy plays worse than this .

I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.
    Because he is worst defensive player on the team , he can't rebound and has as many TOs as assists , that good enough ?