Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I just calculated an adjusted Michael Jordan career statistics, and wow

Quote Originally Posted by hawke812
    Did you not see that horrible watered-down-syndrome era of NBA basketball? There was no such thing as defense. It was "offense" and "that other thing".

I swear to god if someone made a time machine I would go back and lock down Michael Jordan myself. Send his ass packing in the first round. 0 rings Jordan.
    You can troll all you want but can you explain how he was still able to return and have some big games at age 39 (!), banged up and after injuries and years of basketball, in this era?

Default Re: I just calculated an adjusted Michael Jordan career statistics, and wow

Quote Originally Posted by Cladyclad
    Toughest defensive era my azz. In todays game their is Michael Cooper on every team damn near.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    "toughest defensive era"= high pace, high efficiency leaguewide

right on cue...

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    You can troll all you want but can you explain how he was still able to return and have some big games at age 39 (!), banged up and after injuries and years of basketball, in this era?
    He can't.

i don't like bananas

Everyone know Michael was just a beast and had an amazing peak.

You can do what you did for many players though.

Oh, and lol at PER. Some people talk about it like that's the main thing for a great player, when it's almost useless in my book.

six cships in 1 decade is a pretty long peak to me, more then half a career for most players...

no u cant do that for alot of players, he dismissed 7 games which virtually dont change anything; almost no player has a comeback season, almost no player returns after retiring...

even if i dont like per, i think its very valid statistic to compare franchise players

whatever, he has the sickest stats but what makes him goat are all the things u cant count on the court...(just like bird btw)

Samurai Swoosh

His playoff stats are RIDONKS too

Because leaguewide averages are based on tons of data and not just a handful of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    fyi, only 8 other players in the history of the NBA have had a single season with over 29.2 PER, and Michael Jordan averaged that for his career. and he did it in arguably the toughest era defensive era
    PER is averaged out, so that the average player each year gets a PER of 15

so playing in a tougher era defensively makes no difference to your PER rating

if you adjust wilt chamberlain's statistics by removing every game he had but one, you could get it to show that he averaged 100 points a game

i don't like bananas

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    if you adjust wilt chamberlain's statistics by removing every game he had but one, you could get it to show that he averaged 100 points a game
    yep, thats pretty much what op did here...

wow, jesus got bored in heaven and wanted to play some bball, so he came to earth as MJ

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    wow, jesus got bored in heaven and wanted to play some bball, so he came to earth as MJ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqQtui0330