Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Default Charles Barkley: Zimmer was right to be acquitted

How many people of color will bash him now like they did Larry Elder?

Outspoken former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said he agrees with the verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, but blasted the media for giving platforms to racists to “vent” their ignorance.

"The main thing I feel bad for is it gives every white person and black person who’s racist a platform to vent their ignorance,” he said. “That’s the thing that bothered me the most. I watched this trail closely and I watched these people on television talking about it. A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100897441

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...erman-verdict/

Larry Elder threats on Twitter:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...on-house-n-ger

Local High School Star

Default Re: Charles Barkley: Zimmer was right to be acquitted

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR

Glad Charles Barkley is not ignorant. Glad Barkley and Lupe Fiasco saw this clearly and not afraid to air it out.

Still upset Kobe made that tweet. I guess not all athletes are smart outside of their sport.

the verdict was right, our justice system goes by innocent untill proven guilty. doesnt mean Zimmerman is innocent ethically by social standards outside of our justice system

This is just like a conspiracy theory. No one will look at the facts and everyone is simply going on emotion that the media is escalating. Everyone is so hopped up that Zimmerman is a racist and it's profiling and etc. etc. etc......

Instead, if they just looked at the facts for like, 1/2 hour, it's clear it's obvious self defense and totally justified, and Zimmerman did nothing illegal or morally wrong. Not only that, he should be praised for taking initiative to keep his neighborhood safe.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is just like a conspiracy theory. No one will look at the facts and everyone is simply going on emotion that the media is escalating. Everyone is so hopped up that Zimmerman is a racist and it's profiling and etc. etc. etc......

Instead, if they just looked at the facts for like, 1/2 hour, it's clear it's obvious self defense and totally justified, and Zimmerman did nothing illegal or morally wrong. Not only that, he should be praised for taking initiative to keep his neighborhood safe.
    Safe from what?

I saw the Larry Elder interview and he made himself look like a total f*ckin idiot..

he went piers morgan show and proceeded to meltdown.. It was sad

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono90
    Glad Barkley and Lupe Fiasco saw this clearly and not afraid to air it out.
    It's impossible to see this "clearly", because it is an extremely murky situation. You're just happy and ready to drop a clapping smiley for any famous person that happens to agree with your stance.

I have yet to see anybody on either side of the fence in this debate who is completely objective and doesn't have other biases at work that are coloring their opinion, pun intended. You can tell by the tangential comments that make their way into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I saw the Larry Elder interview and he made himself look like a total f*ckin idiot..

he went piers morgan show and proceeded to meltdown.. It was sad
    Elder got worked up because Piers said, before the show, that Elder didn't have the balls to challenge him in a debate. I think that got Elder worked up.

NBA Superstar

Larry Elder is a right wing blowhard, just like everyone else, he is using this to build his own name. Charles Barkley gave an answer to an interview. Different circumstances, and different motives.

The trouble with this case is the system, and I think that is what has peopel so frustrated.

-under the laws of Florida, GZ is innocent, and his lawyers wove the story the right way.

The above gives the Zimmerman backers 100% empowerment in this argument and forces them to have a 'case closed' mentality.

-minorities once again getting f*cked by the system.

This makes blacks (in this situation) and sympathizers even more angry and desperate, a feeling of 'here we go again' or 'will we ever get a fair shake' overcomes them and they feel a need to do something.

The trouble is that the law is shaky, Mr. Zimmerman was portrayed to be unrealistically weak and pathetic, and one could also say that perhaps Trayvon Martin was 'standing his ground.'

GZ was older, armed and in a position of authority (though in a rent-a-cop kind of way).
    GZ got out of his SUV.
    GZ was told by a dispatcher not to pursue.

But most importantly TM died at the hands of GZ in a confrontation that GZ initiated.

A youth is dead, and no one is paying except the victim, and what's worse the victim is now the villain.

So while the 'law' was upheld (based on the evidence presented) it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Its like the Amare suspension a couple of years ago, the letter of the law was followed when we should have focused more on the spirit of the law.

I think a lesser manslaughter charge would have been the best way forward.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 07-19-2013 at 11:52 AM.

   

gotta love barkley... whether he

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Right or wrong, this is the absolute point of the whole trial for everybody not involved in the case.
    No

Outspoken former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said he agrees with the verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, but blasted the media for giving platforms to racists to “vent” their ignorance.

"The main thing I feel bad for is it gives every white person and black person who’s racist a platform to vent their ignorance,” he said. “That’s the thing that bothered me the most. I watched this trail closely and I watched these people on television talking about it. A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost."

Charles is the man. How many public figures would have the balls to say something like that publicly?

GZ is a dbag and, by playing wannabe cop, cost a kid his life. But legally he wasn't a murderer.
    Last edited by tontoz; 07-19-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Anybody that knows the history on Barkley knows hes been a coon, from his white wife to being black republican in Alabama, straight up cooning it up for white folks. Hes no different from Larry Elder, Jesse Lee Peterson, Byron Thomas

so true

props to Charles for having the balls to say that and go against public/liberal/media opinion of the masses

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Safe from what?
    Mostly robberies. There were a ton of robberies in his apartment community/complex. That's why he was appointed as "security guard". He was working with police for training/instruction I guess on how to do that effectively.