Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Would you rather be a billionaire drug kingpin or a janitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Such a ******. It's called providing a valuable and highly demanded service. If you provide legit gear with decent quality control then you are actually reducing harm, because your being or not being a drug dealer is going to have zero effect on the total demand for drugs.
    Someone else can do it. It's not going to be me. I wouldn't want to the CEO of a large tobacco or alcohol company either and they are rich WITHOUT violence or fear of death.

There is a need for contract murder too, if they don't get it from guy A they will go to guy B...no "harm" reduced by guy A stepping out, he just has morals.

Banned

you can't even make enough money to support yourself as a janitor, let alone a family. And seeing as how people are going to get their drugs from somewhere anyway, plus I got an army and probably wont ever be caught, give me drug kingpin allllllllll day.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Such a ******. It's called providing a valuable and highly demanded service. If you provide legit gear with decent quality control then you are actually reducing harm, because your being or not being a drug dealer is going to have zero effect on the total demand for drugs.

Seeing as your job will most likely be the single activity that you do most in your life, then i think if you were a janitor for life it would always end up defining you somewhat, and for me, would be an unbearably tedious existence. Nothing to do with being above anything, just not something i could envisage spending my entire life doing.
    It wasn't/ isn't what I wanted to do in life either. But choosing death over life as a janitor came across as rather extreme.

While the job was tedious I managed to do a lot more outside of my work life than what I'm doing now and I'm pursuing something I want to do.

Baring in mind I'm also taking into account other opinions expressed in this thread. Most people are still in school on ISH and for them to cast off this idea that they won't do a shitty job because they feel they're above it is somewhat typical of this lazy soft generation. I'm not saying you're part of this crowd but it does exist. I still have friends living in an overdraft because they won't go out and get a shitty job because they have a degree thus making them feel above it.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    It wasn't/ isn't what I wanted to do in life either. But choosing death over life as a janitor came across as rather extreme.

While the job was tedious I managed to do a lot more outside of my work life than what I'm doing now and I'm pursuing something I want to do.

Baring in mind I'm also taking into account other opinions expressed in this thread. Most people are still in school on ISH and for them to cast off this idea that they won't do a shitty job because they feel they're above it is somewhat typical of this lazy soft generation. I'm not saying you're part of this crowd but it does exist. I still have friends living in an overdraft because they won't go out and get a shitty job because they have a degree thus making them feel above it.
    Yeah, i know but the thread was implying you had to be a janitor for life - **** that shit. Most people would and probably should work a menial job at least once in their lives, but i wouldn't be so averse to it if I only had to do it for a year or less as a means of getting somewhere else i want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Someone else can do it. It's not going to be me. I wouldn't want to the CEO of a large tobacco or alcohol company either and they are rich WITHOUT violence or fear of death.

There is a need for contract murder too, if they don't get it from guy A they will go to guy B...no "harm" reduced by guy A stepping out, he just has morals.
    But if you were a nicer/ more philanthropic drug kingpin then you being one would be better for the general welfare of people than the guy that would take your place. Tough decisions bro - let's be honest, who has more power to influence the world and make it a better or worse place: the kingpin or the janitor? You're cravenly abnegating your moral responsibility to make things better than they otherwise would be because you're afraid for your own skin.
    Last edited by Dresta; 04-26-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Banned

Pablo Escobar vs Average Joe? Give me Escobar's life. Except I'd retire from the drug industry, donate to charity, and become a good, but rich as ****, citizen.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

THe billionaire is the hard part. By the time you hit that level(and cant retire im assuming) your life is conflict, being chased, and so on...just being infamous.

Millionaire drug kingpin would be easier. There are a lot of them nobody knows about.

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Being a Kingpin, you know that will never last forever. You have to worry about your life and your family lives everyday because you or your family might not live tomorrow. The people around you are only loyal when you have money. Let's say you made it through and die of an old age, there might be a chance of a power struggle which will be a danger to your family.
    So you get the choice to live a life of drama and adventure, or an every day life and you pick the everyday one because you can't handle family conflicts? like there isn't already in your life?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Being a Kingpin, you know that will never last forever. You have to worry about your life and your family lives everyday because you or your family might not live tomorrow. The people around you are only loyal when you have money. Let's say you made it through and die of an old age, there might be a chance of a power struggle which will be a danger to your family.
    This guy watched Breaking Bad.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Janitor. Self respect. Not everyone wants the easy way out. Start off at the bottom..work hard. Go to school. Make something of myself. I may never be a billionaire, but I can live a content life and comfortably. Plus I wouldn't embarrass my family.