Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Knicks trade and acquire Travis Outlaw And Quincy Acy

The Knicks Wall ‏@TheKnicksWall 23m

The Knicks have traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to the Kings for Travis Outlaw and Quincy Acy

Imo it's a move to give those guys a chance to play somewhere as I doubt tyler or Ellington would get minutes here.

I doubt Outlaw stays and I do like Quincy Acy.

he has a good motor and will always play hard.

Default Re: Knicks trade and acquire Travis Outlaw And Quincy Acy

Works for me. Tyler's a good kid, but too many fouls. We need a few "beasts".

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Works for me. Tyler's a good kid, but too many fouls. We need a few "beasts".
    I dont think they constitute "beast" but Travis Outlaw is at least an NBA SF which the Knicks did not have. Can put the ball in the bucket but not the best defensively.

Quincy Acy can legit straight start with his athleticism and EXPLOSIVENESS though.... Although undersized he does have the strength and width to bang and box out. Decent touch with the jumper as well although not consistent.

2 solid acquisitions.

Krust Kingz

Both are expirers just in case anyone was concerned.

Good if not meaningless trade. Balances the roster enough where another big trade isn't mandatory- though I still think it should and will happen.

Calderon/shumpert/prigioni/Larkin
    Smith/Hardaway jr
    Carmelo/cleanthony/outlaw
    Smith/acy/kmart?
    Bargnani/dalembert/Aldrich

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Good if not meaningless trade. Balances the roster enough where another big trade isn't mandatory- though I still think it should and will happen.

Calderon/shumpert/prigioni/Larkin
    Smith/Hardaway jr
    Carmelo/cleanthony/outlaw
    Smith/acy/kmart?
    Bargnani/dalembert/Aldrich
    Smith isn't a PF. And I'll be damned if Bargnani is a center lol Switch them around maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Smith isn't a PF. And I'll be damned if Bargnani is a center lol Switch them around maybe?
    You are talking offense. Positions are defensive. Really want Jason smith playing more backup c.

Bargnani needs to be at C defensively. Less of a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You are talking offense. Positions are defensive. Really want Jason smith playing more backup c.

Bargnani needs to be at C defensively. Less of a negative.
    Less of a negative? I thought a center was the anchor of your defense?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Smith is actually both, but plays better as the PF since he can help on the weakside and be the enforcer type. He played PF exclusively with Davis as the center just a year ago.

Krust Kingz

Less of a negative? I thought a center was the anchor of your defense?
    Caldy Prig Lark

JR (I dont think this guy should start its a boost value move) Hardaway Shump

Melo Outlaw Shump Early

Bargs (I dont think this guy should start its a boost value move) Stat Acy (I hope he can win the starting gig) Smith

Dale Stat Smith Aldrich

I dont think starting is going to matter its probably going to be about match ups and the hot hand.
    Last edited by Rameek; 08-16-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Caldy Prig Lark

JR (I dont think this guy should start its a boost value move) Hardaway Shump

Melo Outlaw Shump Early

Bargs (I dont think this guy should start its a boost value move) Stat Acy (I hope he can win the starting gig) Smith

Dale Stat Smith Aldrich

I dont think starting is going to matter its probably going to be about match ups and the hot hand.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Smith is actually both, but plays better as the PF since he can help on the weakside and be the enforcer type. He played PF exclusively with Davis as the center just a year ago.
    I disagree. And he barely played with Davis as he was hurt. Regardless, my bigger point was that I do not want to see Bargnani in the center of my defense.

I disagree. And he barely played with Davis as he was hurt. Regardless, my bigger point was that I do not want to see Bargnani in the center of my defense.
    I don't want to see him, period. Hopefully, the changes being made can get these dudes to gel a little bit. Hell, if we can get a little bit of Longley outta Bargs it's better than nothing.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I don't want to see him, period. Hopefully, the changes being made can get these dudes to gel a little bit. Hell, if we can get a little bit of Longley outta Bargs it's better than nothing.
    Hopefully the coaching staff can bring this sad sack of sh!t Bargs to respectability. Maybe this system can get him.

Want to see what the Knicks gave up for Bargs.... Soak this in.... Reminder he was going to be amnestied by Toronto because no one would trade for him....

GM Glen Grunwald announced that the team acquired Bargnani from Toronto for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Quentin Richardson (via a sign-and-trade), a first-round pick in 2016 and second-round selections in 2014 and 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Hopefully the coaching staff can bring this sad sack of sh!t Bargs to respectability. Maybe this system can get him.

Want to see what the Knicks gave up for Bargs.... Soak this in.... Reminder he was going to be amnestied by Toronto because no one would trade for him....

Reminder. Believe any sales pitch you hear. It worked w you and soetoro right? Bargnani wouldn't have got amnestied because he had trade value. That was proven. And even if that story (which was thrown out there to push the interested teams into action) was true then the Knicks could not have gotten him.

Bargnani will earn his keep if healthy and will be much better player than pick 20

Of course that doesn't fit in the wait 2-3 years before trying theory you are so in love with. People like you deserve a team built around cole Aldrich and Tim hard away jr. Oh yeah and the superstar gift coming in 2-3 years. But does that mean everybody deserves a losing mentality? Same as how you deserve what is happening w your boy Obama because you live in theory, but our whole country? We all deserve what the gullible, the stupid, the illegals, the gays, and the lazy want?

Knicks fans. Hope, change, watch out for 2018