Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    According to gabepizza, this guy was never good enough to play in the NBA and would never be anything more than a 3rd string scrub. Oh, and anyone who disagreed with that was a, "delusional nut case".
    According to Euroleague, Rubio was and is a scrub. Are you a delusional nut case too?

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    According to Euroleague, Rubio was and is a scrub. Are you a delusional nut case too?
    I never said Rubio was a scrub in the NBA. Stop lying you piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Lie. I said that about Bourousis, not Pekovic. Stop spreading lies.
    You spent 2 years here saying Pekovic could not play in the NBA, and that he would never be more than a third string center in the NBA.

You said it over and over and over and over and over and over and over

And Bourousis is better than Pekovic. And Bourousis is way better than Tyson Chandler.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

And Bourousis is better than Pekovic. And Bourousis is way better than Tyson Chandler.
    Oh come on...

Please, elaborate, why is Iannis better then Pekovic. And I really want your serious answer, I'm extremely interested to hear your reasoning.

I agree that Pekovic and Bourousis are better than Tyson, on offensive end. He is a great defensive center.

Nikola Pekovic has developed his game since playing in the NBA; clearly his playing NBA power style rather then the typical away from the basket , jump shooting European big.

Also European teams don't have the same level of strength and conditioning as the NBA.

It's amazing how Euroleauge dosen't even acknowle the possiblity that players can actually improve after coming to the Nba and playing under different coaches.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    It's amazing how Euroleauge dosen't even acknowle the possiblity that players can actually improve after coming to the Nba and playing under different coaches.
    So when he came to NBA he was a scrub but after one year he became great ? It's normal that players improve every year but you can't improve that much in a year if you could there would be a lot more great players . Before he started playing good last season I said he only needs to get a chance to show what he can do and when Milicic got hurt he got it but if you theory was correct he would have played good even befor Milicic got hurt .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    So when he came to NBA he was a scrub but after one year he became great ? It's normal that players improve every year but you can't improve that much in a year if you could there would be a lot more great players . Before he started playing good last season I said he only needs to get a chance to show what he can do and when Milicic got hurt he got it but if you theory was correct he would have played good even befor Milicic got hurt .
    Have you ever heard why players like playing under Adelman so much? It's cause he teaches his players to utalized their strengths for maaximum productivity

I mean of course you can't improve that much, which is why the Most Improve Player award is Bs right

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

Pekovic improved, that's natural, he is a hardworking player, he lost some body fat, but he is still basically the same player he was in Europe. He adjusted to the NBA well after his first season, and of course being coached by Adelman helps, if he was to come back to Europe again, I think the main difference would be that he would be able to play 30 minutes per game with high intensity, which is something he struggled with the last time.

You spent 2 years here saying Pekovic could not play in the NBA, and that he would never be more than a third string center in the NBA.

You said it over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Is that why Bourousis got dominated by Ike Diogu? Is that why Bourousis couldn't even advance his team out of the Euroleague regular season? Is that why Bourousis has been in Euroleague 11 years and the only award he was ever was selected to was one All-Euroleague 1st team selection. While Pekovic was in Euroleague for 6 years (almost half the amount as Bourousisi) and was selected to one all-Euroleague 1st team AND one all-Euroleague 2nd team. And Pekovic still is not going to make any All-NBA team or even be an all-star. Chandler was selected as the NBA DPOY. Bourousis has never even been selected as Euroleague DPOY.

Some other big men who have been in Euroleague for a shorter time than Bourousis but have been acknowledged as better players with more all-Euroleage team selections- Tiago Splitter, Mirdsad Turkcan, Luis Scola, Jorge Garbaijosa, Erazem Lorbek and Michael Batiste. If Bourousis is not even as good as any of those players he will never be a starter in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Pekovic improved, that's natural, he is a hardworking player, he lost some body fat, but he is still basically the same player he was in Europe. He adjusted to the NBA well after his first season, and of course being coached by Adelman helps, if he was to come back to Europe again, I think the main difference would be that he would be able to play 30 minutes per game with high intensity, which is something he struggled with the last time.
    The main reason why Pekovic was limited in his minutes with PAO was because Mike Batise was a better player than him. It's really that simple. He would have played more minutes if he was not playing on the same team with a better center than him.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    It's amazing how much of a moron you are, without even realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Oh come on...

Please, elaborate, why is Iannis better then Pekovic. And I really want your serious answer, I'm extremely interested to hear your reasoning.

I agree that Pekovic and Bourousis are better than Tyson, on offensive end. He is a great defensive center.
    Bourousis is better than Pekovic due to the fact that he's more skilled. He has a complete arsenal on offense. High post, face up, low post, both blocks, both hands, all the post moves, can handle the ball, mid range jumpers, 3 point range, decent foul shooter, very good passer..........

He's equally as good in low post or pick and roll, although certainly he's not as "dominant" physically, and I'm not saying otherwise, as Pekovic is in rare company in that way.

But Bourousis would simply make an effective low post move and score with the same efficiency, or actually maybe even with better efficiency. It boggles my mind how Euroleague fans can even argue with Bourousis' level.

Do you guys never watch any of his games or what? Tell me what he can't do, or how he isn't a great center? He can't guard on the perimeter, and he can't guard pick and roll, but no true big man can. Shaq was absolutely horrible at those things, but people never lowered his standing over it.

Bourousis is an extremely highly skilled and mobile big man, and he has a huge body to throw his weight around. He just completely destroyed Kevin Garnett on both ends of the floor this October.

I mean totally destroyed him.

With that being said, I think Pekovic has a better attitude than Bourousis does. But remember, we are talking two guys that went at it for years in Greek League. Pao versus Oly. I've seen every single game these two played against each other. I never once thought that Pekovic got the better of Bourousis. And believe me, Pekovic is one of my favorite players. But the fact is, Bourousis is a true 7 footer with an incredible skill level, the likes of which has very rarely ever been seen among true centers.

If Bourousis ever comes to the NBA, they will be worshiping and marveling at his greatness. Because he has the elite skill set in a big man that has become archaic history in the NBA. Guys like Pekovic and Mozgov for example are just physical beasts, or Howard for an American example. But their skill level is very limited. Bourousis is substantially more skilled than Marc Gasol.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-16-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Nikola Pekovic has developed his game since playing in the NBA; clearly his playing NBA power style rather then the typical away from the basket , jump shooting European big.

Also European teams don't have the same level of strength and conditioning as the NBA.
    Lay off the drugs. Pekovic played strictly pick and roll and low post in Europe. And he is about 35 pounds lighter than he was in Euroleague. He's not lifting even one third probably as much as he did with PAO. As for the conditioning, he was a smoker. He simply quit smoking, and that is why his stamina is up. Nothing at all to do with NBA conditioning.

Especially when NBA teams practice 3-5 times a month, and Euroleague teams practice about 10-12 times a week. You have "better conditioning" confused with PED use.

You are delusional.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-16-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan nutcases. gabepizza spent a whole year here bashing and making fun of this "Euro scrub" and now he claims how great he is, and now it's Bourousis that is the "Euro scrub".

I have been telling you how crazy, racist, and stupid these assholes in this forum are - maybe you are finally starting to see it is true.

They truly believe Pekovic was a "trash scrub that was not good enough for NBA" in Europe, a "weak bench scrub that is just a third string center at best" his first year in the NBA, and then suddenly magic happened........

through the magical world of "elite NBA training and coaching methods, this huge Euro scrub stiff, was transformed into a good NBA player, after playing with good teammates instead of Euro scrubs (referring to PAO players), REAL coaches and not Euro scrub coaches (referring to Obradovic), and REAL training methods, not Euro scrub ones (referring to Obradovic's training methods).........and the best one of all.....

after finally playing with REAL NBA level passing point guards, that can actually post pass and run pick and roll properly (claiming that only Rubio can do that for example, but that Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, and Diamantidis cannot).......

No matter what, these NBA only fans are truly certifiably insane.

I am glad you are finally starting to see through their epic level of bullshit.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-16-2012 at 03:57 PM.