Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Antonio McDyess could lose starting 4 spot

It's not like Stuckey or Johnson have improved either.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #17
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Stuckey averaging 12.5 points & 7 assists in past four games. He is starting to do better. Some games he played bad, he complained it was injury affecting his form.

Hopefully Mcdyess signs on sunday afternoon, and plays on sunday. The sunday jinx needs to go away with a win vs knicks :hopeful
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think a lot of it depends on how Curry rotates the gaurds. Of course not being hurt helps now too.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #19
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
"If I start 'Dyess, that would put both of our scoring bigs in the starting lineup," Curry said of starting big man Rasheed Wallace. "That doesn't make any sense; we'd be back in the same position where we're trying to figure out who's coming off the bench to provide that scoring punch.

"What we need is for 'Dyess to be that scoring punch so that we can reduce 'Sheed's minutes and we can continue to spread the floor for Stuckey when he comes in the game as well."

Dyess will start from the bench.. I hope we get some winning streak.we are losing ground on bostons, cavs,orlando..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #20
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Dyess will start from the bench.. I hope we get some winning streak.we are losing ground on bostons, cavs,orlando..

Dyess returning will greatly benefit Rasheed. Rasheed has taken on extra minutes and responsibility this season, and with McDyess, he gives us added veteran depth who knows these guys, and knows how this team works.

I am doubtful that McDyess will be available for the Knickerbockers game. Hopefully he can join the team in Washington. The schedule is far more manageable during this stretch and we really need to get our act together and gain any ground we can. The season is long at 82 games and games are played for 48 minutes everytime. With some discipline, we can get ourselves into a decent position in this conference.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

I'm not sure McDyess is going to be enough to get Detroit over this hump. I think more depends on the play of AI. If he distributes the ball well and takes good shots Detroit is a very tough team. The games we look terrible is when he's not getting others involved, taking bad shots, shooting a low percentage, and still scoring 15 to 20 ppg.

There's a reason Billups was considered for the Olympic team and AI wasn't. It's the same reason Denver is doing so well and Detroit has been an average team since the trade.

We get to look foward to cap space. If we can get a different superstar in the next year or two we will be able to compete for a championship. I wouldn't mind resigning AI but I would rather it be for a lot less money and I would rather he has a role coming off the bench as a scoring spark. Let Stuckey run the team and Rip do his thing.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #22
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm not sure McDyess is going to be enough to get Detroit over this hump. I think more depends on the play of AI. If he distributes the ball well and takes good shots Detroit is a very tough team. The games we look terrible is when he's not getting others involved, taking bad shots, shooting a low percentage, and still scoring 15 to 20 ppg.

There's a reason Billups was considered for the Olympic team and AI wasn't. It's the same reason Denver is doing so well and Detroit has been an average team since the trade.

We get to look foward to cap space. If we can get a different superstar in the next year or two we will be able to compete for a championship. I wouldn't mind resigning AI but I would rather it be for a lot less money and I would rather he has a role coming off the bench as a scoring spark. Let Stuckey run the team and Rip do his thing.
I agree with everything you said in this post. In can't imagine why Iverson would not want to come with the second unit. He obviously doesn't want to adjust his game and run the offense like Curry would like, because he is still playing the same way as he did in Philly and Denver. In my opinion he would benefit much more from coming with the second unit because he could shoot as much as he liked without completely ruining the offense.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #23
tommyseneg
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tommyseneg has an OK reputation so far

Shouls have just payed Ben Wallace, it was a perfect fit
tommyseneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyseneg
Shouls have just payed Ben Wallace, it was a perfect fit
really? Really? What year do you live in? Dude is in serious decline and has been since his peak during the 04 season.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

i feel sorry for you pistons fans.. id hate to say it but i think your days of dominance are over with chauncey out and iverson in.. one of the rare mistakes ive seen dumars make with regards to roster management.. chauncey should have retired a piston.. what a shame..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
i feel sorry for you pistons fans.. id hate to say it but i think your days of dominance are over with chauncey out and iverson in.. one of the rare mistakes ive seen dumars make with regards to roster management.. chauncey should have retired a piston.. what a shame..

Cap space, cap space, the reason why the trade was made.
Hopefully we'll be able to grab someone good that'll fit, we need a dominate big man
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #27
dd24
College superstar

Besides spending that money wisely we need Stuckey to emerge as the player we all think he can be. This league is dominated by PG play. Without a good PG Detroit will never be where we want them to.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: