Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter
 
Darsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boguts Hood
Posts: 2,125
Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Game Thread: New York New YORK!

So im hoping/praying/presuming/suggesting that this will be our first win of the season.

Carmelo should hopefully play much better than he has in the first two games, and you just get that feeling he will since hes been blaming himself for the first two losses.

Unfortunately i have my final Exam tomorrow (which means ive finished school FOREVER! ) and as a result, will probably only catch the last half of the game.. and even more sadly, since im Australian, it will be watching a Box Score on Yahoo refresh every 30 Seconds haha.

hopefully i can celebrate finishing school with a Nuggets victory and a 30points 8boards 4assist night from my man Melo. (and 3/3 beyond the arc )

Share the enthusiasm fellow Nuggeteers, the life of the nuggets forum is diminishing ever so slowly.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
So im hoping/praying/presuming/suggesting that this will be our first win of the season.

Carmelo should hopefully play much better than he has in the first two games, and you just get that feeling he will since hes been blaming himself for the first two losses.

Unfortunately i have my final Exam tomorrow (which means ive finished school FOREVER! ) and as a result, will probably only catch the last half of the game.. and even more sadly, since im Australian, it will be watching a Box Score on Yahoo refresh every 30 Seconds haha.

hopefully i can celebrate finishing school with a Nuggets victory and a 30points 8boards 4assist night from my man Melo. (and 3/3 beyond the arc )

:

Share the enthusiasm fellow Nuggeteers, the life of the nuggets forum is diminishing ever so slowly.


6 and one half hours till tip-off. Looking forward to the game. Also hoping for JR Smith to have a good game. He will be the difference. HE had a bad game against Minnesota and was virtually useless.

But the match up of the night will be Nate Robinson vs Earl .. Speed on speed. The difference is that Nate can jump out of the arena.

can't wait to get to the Pepsi Center..I will post some photos that I take sometime this weekend.:cheers
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP
 
whaley82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 665
whaley82 has decent reputation
Default

I think the player that can make the difference is K-Mart. he can be the difference in any game. When he plays good you can't stop him and he can stop/slow down most of the low post presence. Im looking for a good game form him maybe finally get a game with around 20 points and 10 boards and 1-2 blocks with 1-2 steals. But for this to happen the Nuggets are gonna have to give him the ball more the last game he had 8 shots and made 5 of them.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
whaley82
High School JV MVP
 
whaley82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bridgewater
Posts: 665
whaley82 has decent reputation
Default

I think the player that can make the difference is K-Mart. he can be the difference in any game. When he plays good you can't stop him and he can stop/slow down most of the low post presence. Im looking for a good game form him maybe finally get a game with around 20 points and 10 boards and 1-2 blocks with 1-2 steals. They need to give him the ball more the last game he only took 8 shots and made 5 of those.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:00 AM   #5
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

The game was there for the taking. The Knicks with a new coach and new system are very tentative and do not yet know how to win on a consistent basis. Foul-plagued Curry and slumping Frye were awful tonight. Steve Francis was out with a sprained ankle.

Carmelo and Camby are awesome!

But it was not to be for Denver. Sparked by the bench, led by temporary starter Jamal Crawford who was in a shooting slump until tonight, the Knicks just played better down the stretch. Jamal scored 35 points and the bench led the Knicks back from deficits twice.

The Nuggets looked good for most of the game. But, at this time, they have a problem holding onto leads in the forth quarter.

When they get over that, they should be a very good team. And IMHO Carmelo Anthony may turn out to be the best player in the NBA.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
The game was there for the taking. The Knicks with a new coach and new system are very tentative and do not yet know how to win on a consistent basis. Foul-plagued Curry and slumping Frye were awful tonight. Steve Francis was out with a sprained ankle.

Carmelo and Camby are awesome!

But it was not to be for Denver. Sparked by the bench, led by temporary starter Jamal Crawford who was in a shooting slump until tonight, the Knicks just played better down the stretch. Jamal scored 35 points and the bench led the Knicks back from deficits twice.

The Nuggets looked good for most of the game. But, at this time, they have a problem holding onto leads in the forth quarter.

When they get over that, they should be a very good team. And IMHO Carmelo Anthony may turn out to be the best player in the NBA.

You forgot that Kmart was out because he had an MRI earlier in the day.
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default

jamal does it again!!!
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstate73
You forgot that Kmart was out because he had an MRI earlier in the day.

No I did not. K-Mart might have made the diference but nether he nor Steve Francis were able to play. If we had Tim Duncan instead of Curry (who had a poor game) we would have won easily. However, basing the game on players you do not have or who are unable to play serves no purpose in my mind.

The game was very close. The Knicks only took their first lead with 3.7 seconds left on the clock. A single bounce could have gotten the Nuggets the win. So would have making that put back that bounced off the backboard as the clock ran out or taking more care of the ball after Crawford tossed it away rather than being careless with a long pass to Carmelo and giving it back to Crawford the last shot.

Good teams find ways to win. Struggling teams find was to lose. Both the Knicks and the Nuggets are trying to learn how to win, With two wins, the Knicks are struggling a little less at this point. But a single bounce could have equalized each team with one win a peace.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy