Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: The 5 Best Mix Masters Of You Tube

idk if anyone has posted this one yet but it's absolutely fucking phenomenal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtxJrzp6ls

Learning to shoot layups cbombdotcom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time4YourMind
    yeah that is actually my favorite jordan mix of all time. i have both parts downloaded and there is so much rare footage that i haven't seen before, a lot of the popular stuff probably only gets 2-3 min of footage out of the whole 20 minutes.

not to mention kid loco's "traveller" was a unique and sick music choice for artistry of MJ part 1... it gave the video mix a trancelike mesmerizing quality along with MJ's feats of excellence.

100 % agree. I actually stumbled upon the original by accident years ago. Being a basketball (and Jordan) junkie, I felt like I had run through so many mixes, highlights, etc. that had the same things repeatedly. The Shot, The Shrug, The Hand Switch, that spin and dunk on Ewing.... His videos instantly became my favorite Jordan mixes and amongst my favorites overall. "Traveller" definitely sets the first one of, not only is it dreamlike, it gives a timeless feel to everything.

This is also one of my favorite mixes. Grant at his peak and one of the illest songs and artists to ever come out of Detroit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87f7aehrnA

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbombdotcom
    100 % agree. I actually stumbled upon the original by accident years ago. Being a basketball (and Jordan) junkie, I felt like I had run through so many mixes, highlights, etc. that had the same things repeatedly. The Shot, The Shrug, The Hand Switch, that spin and dunk on Ewing.... His videos instantly became my favorite Jordan mixes and amongst my favorites overall. "Traveller" definitely sets the first one of, not only is it dreamlike, it gives a timeless feel to everything.

This is also one of my favorite mixes. Grant at his peak and one of the illest songs and artists to ever come out of Detroit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87f7aehrnA
    Do you know who made this?

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrEI...eature=related

Via from of the other videos that got posted I found that one ^
    Everyone probable has heard the speech but I thought the combination with the video made it really nice.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrEI...eature=related

Via from of the other videos that got posted I found that one ^
    Everyone probable has heard the speech but I thought the combination with the video made it really nice.
    Nice. That's a pretty sweet vid too. So are there any other adds people think should be on the list? Vincent Da will be getting on, and that hoops 4 life will get on too (for another vid of theirs that's awesome too).

I need the guy who made the vid, not just the vid itself btw.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Coose > All

End Thread.

Banned

This is my favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJUI...el_video_title

awesome song great action

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    Nice. That's a pretty sweet vid too. So are there any other adds people think should be on the list? Vincent Da will be getting on, and that hoops 4 life will get on too (for another vid of theirs that's awesome too).

I need the guy who made the vid, not just the vid itself btw.

sorry, that list doesnt even exist without vincent da, its a farce.

the guy you have no.1(no disrespect to the man kblaze) just told you he almost quit mixmaking when he saw vincent da's work.

you dont need a list, there is vincent da and then there is everyone else.

people who are completely uninformed- which you 100% are if you havent heard of the undisputed best ever at what you are listing- shouldnt be making lists, its pathetic.

its like if someone on here listed the best 10 players and didnt include mj. just dumb beyond all belief.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    Heh, if you google for "Vincent Da" the first two links about him have KBlaze right next to it. Honestly, his art of war mix is great, but I went to his channel and saw a bunch of paint ball videos. On youtube I saw Art Of War and his Penny mix (which is not nearly as good). Personally, I didn't think Art Of War > New Decade by Coose at all, but maybe he should be on the list.

But yea, that's moronic? ;0 Why so much hate? I asked who was missing, that's the point. Maybe Vincent Da is the best ever, but he's not nearly the most prolific. Why is everyone on ISH so quick to try and show how awesome they are by putting others down?

Is there a mystery VD channel I can't seem to find with google or youtube's search? Cuz yea, I looked.

ah this kinda explains it- you are too young to remember or have ever seen vincent da- his best stuff hasnt been around for a while- i tried to track down the deadly venoms recently and struggled.

you tried to make a top 10 of nba mixmakers and had to google vincent da tho, im sorry but

Any list that doesn't have Max as number 1 loses all credibility. He is 10 times better than anyone else. These other guys are worthy of some 2, 3, 4 and 5 spots, but not 1.

Yinka Dare has some nasty mixes - does a great job with pairing music to a player's style.....but Kblaze is easily #1 for me. His old school mixes capture players so well. They're great for younger bball fans who didn't get a chance to see some of the greats play.

While I'm/we're on the subject, there was a great Larry Bird mix that I thought was by Kblaze that I have not been able to find for a while. I think it was close to 10 minutes long, but even if it wasn't it showcased Bird as a creative passer, which was really eye-opening for me personally.

One of my Bird mixes from a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ulmD0GU8GE

Let me know what you guys think

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    as much as kblaze is great and one of the alltime great posters on this board that list means nothing and was made by a moron
    vincent da is the stanley kubrick of nba mix making and he used to be a regular poster on here. anyone even nominating another person is an uninformed moron.
    Giant thanks to you and Kblaze, step_back and others for the compliments. I stopped "mixmaking" around 2005 although I did an occasional job since for Team Flight Brothers, Dwyane Wade, Robert Horry and now I work for the NBA Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown tour (but i brought MTL in couple years ago and he does the editing on the videos you see on nba.com/dunk)

Here's most of my old mixes
    http://www.youtube.com/expiredpineapples

The thing to remember when comparing mixes is that people like me and Kblaze, Sundaze, Yinka, etc were making mixes that focused more on the footage and concepts rather than effects and filters that came with the Sony Vegas generation and then After Effects of the past 5 or so years - to me Arek aka MixTapeLive of ballislife.com dominated that era and is my favorite "mixmaker" b/c he combined special effects with creative concepts.

I actually first started releasing mixes in 1998 on my sites Gotvinsanity and Thedunk (was featured in Sports Illustrated; kind of like the original Youtube for basketball vids). I stopped editing when I quit updating those sites but then I was inspired by Kblaze and made a shitload of mixes mainly within 1 year and that's what you see on my YouTube channel.

Art of War was actually just a mix I made real quickly from "left-over" footage that I wanted to put out. There's over 30 variations of that mix on YT and I literally hate the music (LOTR version of the Requiem for a dream score) now.

Anyways, thanks again to everybody that actually remembers me and had something nice to say.

Saw a basketball once

I was directed here by VincentDa who imo is the #1 mixmaker

followed by maxamillion and kb42poitsathalf (no disrespect to the others).

kblaze and yinka dare always had the best footage

honestly, i never cared about footage when i made mixes to me it was all about the editing haha. I haven't made a NBA mix for 3 years now so all my stuff is pretty outdated now anyways since there's all these new guys with better quality footage and more up to date effects/graphics. Safe to say mixtapelive is pretty irrelevant to the mixmaking world now haha.

maxamillion's kobe bryant in cold blood mix and art of war by vincent da still stand to be my fav mixes to this day