Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dirk: Kobe 'Greatest In My Generation'

[QUOTE=gts]Saving face after getting his ass kicked by Duncan

Lebron on Kobe

[I]"Of course not," James said. "They can never get back to that without Shaq and Phil (Jackson). They still have a quality team. They have the best player in basketball."

"He's the best player in our game today, in my opinion" - Lebron James

"He reminds me of Michael Jordan. "You look and they have similar games where they want to lead their team to victory, no matter if they have to shoot the ball every time or if they have to rebound or pass, they're going to find a way to win." I've always said that Kobe Bryant is the best scorer in our game today and he's definitely proving himself. " - Lebron James

LeBron on Kobe nearing MJ:

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Dirk is a PF and Duncan is the goat PF, I guess that this statement has nothing to do with it

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    And was swept out of the playoffs by Dirk in their lone playoff meeting. Just saying....
    truuu

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Quotes like this send Lebron fans old enough to drive over a cliff. The other 95% just use their big wheels.
    Players are constantly praising one another. I'm not sure why people try to use it as any sort of merit in winning a conversation.

Dirk speaks the truth here 100% right on the money.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Dirk has said stuff like this about Kobe before... and for a big who plays on the perimeter like a SG/SF his admiration for Kobe isn't all that surprising. I doubt Dirk was modeling his game after Hakeem or Shaq growing up, in fact I think he's said he grew up a big Jordan and Pippen fan
    Yep.

And he hates the Spurs too much to give Duncan that nod. Too many tough losses and great battles. Although he admires Duncan, there is a bit of salt in the wound and there always will be.

Give Dirk truth serum and I think he answers differently though.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think Mav had never eliminated Spurs with 4-0 but they did it against Kobe when Kobe had great supports. Dirk should know better than anyone that Kobe has always been an easier opponent comparing to Duncan and Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I think we all do....
    behave gts, behave.. you don't want to lose that mature label you have on here.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Give Dirk truth serum and I think he answers differently though.
    lol

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    I think Mav had never eliminated Spurs with 4-0 but they did it against Kobe when Kobe had great supports. Dirk should know better than anyone that Kobe has always been an easier opponent comparing to Duncan and Spurs.
    65 in three quarters against them the year they went to the Finals says different.

The Lakers , Kobe and Pau in particular were burnt out by the time we faced the Mavs in 2011. Just look at the season match up between us that year, they weren't competition. We went to the Finals three straight years, they couldn't miss a 3pt shot. It's that simple.

Stop trying to make this seem like some grand edge Dirk has over Kobe. Bean has torched the Mavs MANY times. Before and after Steve Nash was their starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    65 in three quarters against them the year they went to the Finals says different.

The Lakers , Kobe and Pau in particular were burnt out by the time we faced the Mavs in 2011. Just look at the season match up between us that year, they weren't competition. We went to the Finals three straight years, they couldn't miss a 3pt shot. It's that simple.

Stop trying to make this seem like some grand edge Dirk has over Kobe. Bean has torched the Mavs MANY times. Before and after Steve Nash was their starting PG.
    From 62 to 65 that game.. the myth of Bean grows larger every day

I don't need Dirk or Durant to tell me what I already know...it's a fact that Kobe is the greatest in his generation...end of story.