Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kansas vs. Kentucky: who ya got?

These two teams look absolutely stacked and I would love to see an early matchup between these two. Without seeing them play any game together, who do you think is better?

Kansas:
    Sherron Collins, Brady Morningstar, Xavier Henry, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Cole Aldrich, Tyshawn Taylor

Kentucky:
    John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson, DeMarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, DeAndre Liggins, Jon Hood, and possibly Jodie Meeks

I see Kentuck as the strongest team if these guys are able to click, especially if Jodie Meeks returns. John Wall in the dribble drive offense paired with Jodie Meeks scoring ability to go along with three great big men in Orton, Patterson, and Cousins along with depth in the backcourt with Bledsoea and Liggins seems like a very complete team.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Default Re: Kansas vs. Kentucky: who ya got?

If Meeks returns, definitely Kentucky. Calipari has arguably the most talented roster in college basketball, its now a matter of getting everyone on the same page and playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    These two teams look absolutely stacked and I would love to see an early matchup between these two. Without seeing them play any game together, who do you think is better?

Kansas:
    Sherron Collins, Brady Morningstar, Xavier Henry, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Cole Aldrich, Tyshawn Taylor

Kentucky:
    John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson, DeMarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, DeAndre Liggins, Jon Hood, and possibly Jodie Meeks

I see Kentuck as the strongest team if these guys are able to click, especially if Jodie Meeks returns. John Wall in the dribble drive offense paired with Jodie Meeks scoring ability to go along with three great big men in Orton, Patterson, and Cousins along with depth in the backcourt with Bledsoea and Liggins seems like a very complete team.
    Kansas. Already a Sweet 16 team and didn't lose anyone. And now they've added Xavier Henry who will be a starter. And someone not really mentioned is Elijah Johnson, a 5* PG that they also signed. Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich both have that championship experience under their belt. Aldrich is a load in the post that needs to be double teamed. When you put him in the middle of Kansas' sharpshooters (Morningstar who doesn't miss, Henry, Reed, and an improving Collins) they're gonna be tough to stop. And I have no idea how good CJ Henry is, but he's just been cleared to play next season.

More on Johnson, have you seen this guys FREAKISH athleticism? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrwMMWunhg Good God.

I think Kentucky's going to be the best in the SEC easily, but they're not as good as Kansas. They're relying too much on their freshmen talent. 4 of their top 6 talents are freshmen (if Meeks doesn' comet back, then it's 4 of their top 5).

Kansas>Kentucky right now.
    Last edited by Posterize246; 05-20-2009 at 09:27 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

^What he said.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Kentucky is stacked beyond belief. They had great talent even though they had a subpar year. Liggins was a top 30 recruit, and Darius Miller was a top 50 recruit. Both should be improving greatly from their freshman to sophomore years. Add that to this freshman class, and Patterson. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Kansas. Already a Sweet 16 team and didn't lose anyone. And now they've added Xavier Henry who will be a starter. And someone not really mentioned is Elijah Johnson, a 5* PG that they also signed. Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich both have that championship experience under their belt. Aldrich is a load in the post that needs to be double teamed. When you put him in the middle of Kansas' sharpshooters (Morningstar who doesn't miss, Henry, Reed, and an improving Collins) they're gonna be tough to stop. And I have no idea how good CJ Henry is, but he's just been cleared to play next season.

More on Johnson, have you seen this guys FREAKISH athleticism? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrwMMWunhg Good God.

I think Kentucky's going to be the best in the SEC easily, but they're not as good as Kansas. They're relying too much on their freshmen talent. 4 of their top 6 talents are freshmen (if Meeks doesn' comet back, then it's 4 of their top 5).

To be honest, I'm not really familliar with any of Kansas' recruits apart from Robinson so I can't comment on that. That Johnson dunk was sick though.

I'm not sold completely on Collins' ability to final 4 team but we shall see. I feel like experience is not that important when you have talents like Wall and Cousins mixed in with guys with a few years under their belts in Meeks and Patterson.

NBA Superstar

No matter how much I think about it, I can't decide definitely on who I'd want between Collins/Aldrich and Meeks/Patterson.

I have a slight lean towards Collins/Aldrich, but it's really tough.

Saw a basketball once

Yea if meeks comes back it's a wrap they would beat em

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Csmooove23
    Yea if meeks comes back it's a wrap they would beat em

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

^nice post dude

yeah on paper UK's STACKED! if they played before conference play KU>UK

if they meet in march UK>KU and ill set the line as a PK

elijiah johnson! WOW! i had no idea!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    ^nice post dude

yeah on paper UK's STACKED! if they played before conference play KU>UK

if they meet in march UK>KU and ill set the line as a PK

elijiah johnson! WOW! i had no idea!
    The experience of Kansas has to factor in somewhere. Some of those players won a title and were even bigger pieces last year in a sweet 16 run.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

yeah this is a tough one... on paper UK looks better, and i'm just a huggge fan of john walls but i've always loved KU since the jauque vaughn days so i think if they played early on in the season KU's experience (theres your factor) will be huge and they will pull out the "W"

but if they met in march (i hope they do) im leaning slightly in favor of UK becuz i think it will be such a close game and john wall should be coming into his own at that point, i like KU alot tho, but i gotta give the slight edge to UK in this scenerio

I think UK will be better off without Meeks. He's a chucker who can't handle top defenders.

NBA Superstar

ypy cbdodw

Saw a basketball once

Meeks was a big reason they won as many as they did and he is a top scorer