Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 03-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Nick Young

What have you guys thought of him so far this year?

I'm fairly impressed with him this year. Although he has a 6'7 frame, I think he could clean the glass a little better. He's averaging less than 2 rebounds in 14 minutes a game. He's proved to be a decent scorer, though. Especially a rookie, getting 7 points during 14 minutes.

I think if NY was sent to the D-League he could get some minutes in games and really mature. In a few years (Hell, maybe even next) I think he could start at SG, seeing how that's our weak spot.

When I think of NY's max potential I think of Michael Redd... which would be a great addition to our team.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board
Default Re: Nick Young

He seems to be a bit more of a pure scorer than Michael Redd (but maybe not the same kind of shooter). His scoring has been good, although it's been streaky, which is expected of a rookie and also that was what he was known for in college. What's impressed me about him this season is he's not just looking for his shot and has been working well within the offense, looking for his teammates and such. Also, he's been hustling on defense and while he's not a great defender (and probably never will be), he's at least shown so far that he could be an adequete one, which is a lot better than I thought he was going to be and I'll be fine with him on that end as long as he continues to put forth the effort.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nick Young

Im not a wizard fan but a fan of all Cali ball players and that includes Nick young..i think you guys got a damn steal drafting him..hes going to be a damn good Ball player in my estimation.i think he will be starting for yall next season..hes athletic ..can shoot anywhere on the court and i think he has the potential to be a pretty good defender as well..good luck to yall during the rest of the season
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: