Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #31
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fiyah has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Hornets, Chris Paul agree to extension

Well I've been a Hornets season ticket holder since they moved to New Orleans. Paul is a lot of fun to watch. Obviously he's the best player on my favorite team so I'm going to consider him one of the best in the league but looking at it objectively I think guys like Deron Williams and Steve Nash are definitely still in the talk for best PG. I don't know if there really is a clear cut #1 PG, but I definitely consider Paul to be up there among the best PGs in the league.
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #32
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chris Paul agrees to 3 yr, $68M extension

wow 22 million a year
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #33
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Let's not go ahead of ourselves and name Chris Paul the best in the league. He might be top 3, but there's still competition as far as PGs go. Stats aren't everything. Most of you see a 20-8+ player and think he's the best PG. Hell, people were calling Marbury top 5 before he joined the Knicks and he was barely top 10.

I'm not hating, but let's wait and see before we make assumptions based on numbers. 21-11 is impressive, but stats don't tell the whole story.

And I'm willing to wage that most of Paul's fanboys haven't seen more than 5 games of his.

Paul is clearly the best PG in the league, and probably one of the 3 or 4 best players in the league.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #34
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hornets, Paul agree to new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I guess you can debate that by saying Nash and Kidd are better.
No you can't.

Kidd? seriously?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #35
BIGSHOT
Banned

BIGSHOT has decent reputation

Paul is easily the best pg in the game. His PER was the greatest for any pg EVER.
BIGSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #36
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

I want to play with CP3 too
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #37
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people
Default Re: Hornets, Paul agree to new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
No you can't.

Kidd? seriously?

No kidding, apparently that guy didn't watch Paul complete destroy Kidd in the first round this year.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #38
JackieChiles
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JackieChiles has an OK reputation so far

Jason Kidd better than Chris Paul? I don't see that one...I still think Deron Williams will keep any best-PG claims debatable once Nash slows down.
JackieChiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Let's not go ahead of ourselves and name Chris Paul the best in the league. He might be top 3, but there's still competition as far as PGs go. Stats aren't everything. Most of you see a 20-8+ player and think he's the best PG. Hell, people were calling Marbury top 5 before he joined the Knicks and he was barely top 10.

I'm not hating, but let's wait and see before we make assumptions based on numbers. 21-11 is impressive, but stats don't tell the whole story.

And I'm willing to wage that most of Paul's fanboys haven't seen more than 5 games of his.

Uh Chris paul turned a bad New Orleans team into 2nd seed in a historically strong Western conference. He turned a 1 dimensional Tyson Chandler into a very effective two way player. If anything Paul stats undersell the impact he has on his team. The only player that can make a claim to being better than Paul, is Deron...since he spanks him most times they play. Aside from that Paul is without peer in the NBA.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #40
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I could care less about PER. Like I said, stats are useless.

Stats are not useless. They need to be taken in context, and used as part of broader analysis of player, but a statistical measure of a players on court performance says a great deal about how much they are contributing to a team.

If you compare Paul to any other PG (except Deron) by any measure, he wins.

- impact on team
-Performance in head to head matchups
- Team success
- statistical performance

In what way do Kidd or Nash outperfom Paul as a PG?

(and Kidds rebounding isn't especially relevant to his performance as a PG).
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #41
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Paul is amazing. He deserves the money hes getting
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #42
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

LOL, he might be top 3? Sure there's alot of competition for PGs, but at this moment, CP3 is easily the best PG. Deron Williams wasn't even an all-star last year, and Steve Nash and Jason Kidd have noticeably aged, while CP3 was the MVP runner-up. Of course, him being best PG can obviously change, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Deron Williams surpassed him, but at this moment, I don't see how anyone can make an argument saying someone else is better.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #43
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: