Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Default Re: 9/11 Documentary (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Because he eats up the shit the media feeds him. If they say the sky is orange he'll most likely believe them..

9/11 is a controversial topic and there's stuff our government isn't informing us on. Any wise person with some common sense knows there's something controversial on the event. The extent of their role is unknown and will be unknown.
    I'm afraid you are incorrect, you are a moron if you believe the 9/11 conspiracy, sorry. I don't believe everything the media tells me, but I do think logically and understand that a government conspiracy to attack themselves in an attempt to allow a very select group of people to cash in is absolutely absurd in every way.

There is no proof to suggest that there is or was any conspiracy. Any 'wise' person would allow themselves to be swayed by hard facts rather than speculation and 'what-ifs' regarding how the towers fell. The extent of "their role"? What are you talking about? This is 100% speculation, no facts to support it. You think in this day in age, where leaks are so common, a massive government conspiracy involving hundreds of people actively participating in the cover up and the murder of almost 3000 Americans by their own government in order for this small group of people to capitalize is actually not only possible, but probable? Unbelievable how an uninformed college student can lead such a passionate movement of equally uninformed individuals.

I just read this book by Jonathan Kay.

It was a pretty good examination of why folks believe in conspiracies. (He goes on a couple of tangents and hobby horses for a bit, but it's good introduction.) His conclusion was that it's not a particular personality type that believes in conspiracy, it's kind of a built feature of the human mind, a mind that evolves to highly attuned to spotting patterns, to the point of trying to put a pattern on random events.

Scientists call this patternicity*

He says the same basic impulse that gives rise to belief in gods in primitive societies give rise to conspiracy theories in our own modern and skeptical age. There are lot of people out there who push the healthy sense of being skeptical about what you are told to the point of nihilism, where nothing is believed, where you have jump over absurd levels of hurdles before some people believe.

He also mentioned that every 9/11 Truther he met who was middle-aged was also obsessed with JFK's assassination.

*Patternicity is so strong in humans, that your brain actually produces dopamine when you recognize patterns.

Conspiracy theories exist on a spectrum from mild suspicion to full-on paranoia, and brain chemistry may play a role. Dopamine rewards us for noting patterns and finding meaning in sometimes-insignificant events. It's long been known that schizophrenics overproduce dopamine. "The earliest stages of delusion are characterized by an overabundance of meaningful coincidences," explain Paul D. Morrison and R.M. Murray of the Institute of Psychiatry at Kings College London. "Jumping to conclusions" is a common reasoning style among the paranoid, find Daniel Freeman and his colleagues, also at the Institute of Psychiatry.
    Ever get addicted to Tetris? Or Bejeweled? Or any other the thousands of other video games based on finding patterns? Blame dopamine

Dopamine plays a major role in the brain system that is responsible for reward-driven learning. Every type of reward that has been studied increases the level of dopamine transmission in the brain, and a variety of highly addictive drugs, including stimulants such as cocaine and methamphetamine, act directly on the dopamine system.
    This is why rational arguments are not going work on committed conspiracy theorists. They need to go cold turkey.

Also I will just say that I recognize that I'm not immune myself to this instinct towards conspiracy and when I first heard about WTC 7, I wondered what the hell happened. Of course what I heard, what an incredibly small snippet of the facts about WTC 7 which were presented in an incredibly slanted way.

This is why during a trial, the jury gets to here from both lawyers, not just one.

Because he eats up the shit the media feeds him. If they say the sky is orange he'll most likely believe them..

9/11 is a controversial topic and there's stuff our government isn't informing us on. Any wise person with some common sense knows there's something controversial on the event. The extent of their role is unknown and will be unknown.
    a lot of convincing fact on it being a set up. just sayin

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    a lot of wild speculation on it being a set up. just sayin
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    fixed
    Great fixed

These crazy people calling those crazy speculations facts

Don't be an asshole. There are numerous shitty threads on ISH and yet you want to delete this thread?
    Meticode thinks his opinion is something the mods, admins, or whomever should care about.

The fact of the matter is; he's most notably known for saying the two most infamous words back-to-back:

"My wife"

Since then, he's been a supposed gif created wizard, chilled out on the wife thingy, and here we are 25k posts later, and he's on the rag just as much as GOBB, just a much more dull, uninteresting, and pasty pale skin robot. He's found a way to lose weight so he can look down and actually see himself stroking his woman's cooter without pot-belly blocking such a viewing.

Combine that with squat + dumping and you have a man who's reinvented himself. So he drags a bar stool (LOL, fitting word, no?) into the bafroom headphones in, blasting Nas' "You're Da Man" as he drops bombs from above clouds).

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    'Round and 'round we go.
    It's more like if you knew the truth was actually exposed, it would derail your blissful life you have put so much faith into. If there were no trust, no real patriotism in our country, there's a possibility it could threaten the entire foundation in which most Americans build their "American" dreams on.

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, but to be so willingly and purposefully blind to it all points to a weak individual. Sure, you want the best possible future and world for your daughter to grow up in, but if it isn't the actual truth, is it really worth it?

I'd rather live in a shitty truth than a blanketed lie where I can order Papa John's comfortably, pay my cable bill, watch MSNBC and/or Fox News and pretend we're living in a "free" world where the "people" choose their own destiny.

Give me a fu*king break.

Banned

Last edited by ImmortalD24; 08-11-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Banned

9/11: NIST engineer John Gross denies WTC molten steel (extended): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SLIzSCt_cg

Banned

Our government wasn't in on sept. 11, but the elite (bankers etc.) that run our country were the ones that planned it out. They wanted a reason to start a war in the middle east and they had to get the American people on their side to believe that they were doing this for our country to take revenge on Osama. Why do you think we ended up going to Iraq after Afghanistan? Why did we end up killing Saddam Hussein when he had nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks? Why will be invading Iran soon now? Truth is the elite knows that in order for our civilization to continue on Earth they need everyone in the world to be one. That's why they want one world government and population control. The world can't go on like this where you have country's like North Korea, Iran etc. that can bomb you right away and cause destruction to this world and our civilization. It's actually for the better of all our future generations.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Our government wasn't in on sept. 11, but the elite (bankers etc.) that run our country were the ones that planned it out. They wanted a reason to start a war in the middle east and they had to get the American people on their side to believe that they were doing this for our country to take revenge on Osama. Why do you think we ended up going to Iraq after Afghanistan? Why did we end up killing Saddam Hussein when he had nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks? Why will be invading Iran soon now? Truth is the elite knows that in order for our civilization to continue on Earth they need everyone in the world to be one. That's why they want one world government and population control. The world can't go on like this where you have country's like North Korea, Iran etc. that can bomb you right away and cause destruction to this world and our civilization. It's actually for the better of all our future generations.
    Please stop, just stop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    It's actually for the better of all our future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    I'm afraid you are incorrect, you are a moron if you believe the 9/11 conspiracy, sorry. I don't believe everything the media tells me, but I do think logically and understand that a government conspiracy to attack themselves in an attempt to allow a very select group of people to cash in is absolutely absurd in every way.

There is no proof to suggest that there is or was any conspiracy. Any 'wise' person would allow themselves to be swayed by hard facts rather than speculation and 'what-ifs' regarding how the towers fell. The extent of "their role"? What are you talking about? This is 100% speculation, no facts to support it. You think in this day in age, where leaks are so common, a massive government conspiracy involving hundreds of people actively participating in the cover up and the murder of almost 3000 Americans by their own government in order for this small group of people to capitalize is actually not only possible, but probable? Unbelievable how an uninformed college student can lead such a passionate movement of equally uninformed individuals.

I believe the official story = FAIL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Please stop, just stop.
    Typical idiot