Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Connie Hawkins and Spencer Haywood make back to back threes.

At 52 and 46 years old in the last legends game they played on all star weekend....

Connie was hurt and washed up(relative to who he was) by like 1968. Spencer was doing 30/19 in 1969 in the ABA.

Guys playing 50 years ago stroking threes looooooooong after they were done. Doug Collins hit a 30 footer that game too. Calvin Murphy hit a couple(not that its shocking he could shoot...he was a 95% FT shooter one year).

You know they all want a do over in todays league just to see how it goes. Go do a 45 minute outside shooting workout every morning for a couple years they would probably shoot it about like everyone else.

Calvin would struggle because he was not only 5'9'' but he wasnt a playmaker and he played inside a bit loving to drive....but Haywood and Hawkins?

I take em. Well maybe not Haywood since he was insane and on coke(he went looking for his old Lakers coach he blamed for ruining his career intending to murder him).

I enjoy watching the old timers games now and then.

It was unfair how they would have guys who retired like 2 years ago playing dudes from the 60s though. Rick Barry and George Gervin used to light those old men up and they had barely retired. Gervin had I think 28 or 30 one game and he was probably still playing in europe a year earlier....but Hot Rod Hundley was out there and he played in the 50s.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Connie Hawkins and Spencer Haywood make back to back threes.

I would imagine most athletes would want a do over in modern times. Nutrition, all the new information about training, I'm not an expert but going to safely assume alot more PED's in 2019 than there were in 1968 just think of things like travel, and preparation. You can study your opponents tendencies while flying first class on an ipad. I'm not even super old or anything but you see 10-11 year old kids nowadays playing sports and it's like a different world. Seeing like 13 years old kids on training programs/healthy diets and shit. When I was 13 you'd ball out at school/at the park after school and alot of it was for fun.

It's hilarious watching those GIF's with today's game in mind. Those guys on the court don't even look like they expect a 3 ball is coming. Obviously it's just a pickup game/All-Star event but not even a raised hand.

Probably going to be some insane shooters in the next 10 years assuming the NBA doesn't tweak anything to take away the advantage.

Yea you can see the defenders dont expect it or care to stop it. IT was that way for a while when it first came in. Guys would stand back like "Shoot it then bitch...." because they viewed it as a bad shot.

Both guys played in the ABA which introduced 3's in what, 1967?

It just wasn't acceptable for bigger guys to take 3's, especially with a lot of those old school coaches running around.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Probably going to be some insane shooters in the next 10 years assuming the NBA doesn't tweak anything to take away the advantage.

This is going to be a shit show to watch. Can't wait to see where they put the 4 pointer

Ive been watching a lot of really old ball lately and finding more and more old school players who have legit 3 point range. Sam Jones and Jerry Lucas were making 20-25 footers look pretty comfortable. On one hand its stupid for 2 points....but if it goes it does it matter?