Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #16
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2018 Off Season Moves

What's everyone looking for to happen at the draft Thursday? There's part of me that would like to take a shot at a PG since we really lack depth there. It could be another SG drops there though. They still need another C too. I suppose it doesn't matter much. 2nd round picks are so tough to rely on. It's pretty much all we have to look forward to this post season though lol.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #17
dd24
NBA lottery pick

What does everyone think about the draft? I actually like Thomas. Have no idea on Brown. I think he'll be in the G-league all season. What is odd to me is we gave up 2 second round pics to get one. Not a smart idea for a team that has 0 cap flexibility. In a league where you need those cheap players to give them away so easily is kinda crazy. The other thing to consider is if we give one of those up in say 2021, that could be when high schoolers first get allowed in the draft again and it could be an extremely deep draft. That 2nd rounder turns into nearly a 1st round pick with far less money attached to them. I think it's kinda weird that we took two more SG's too. We just drafted Kennard and he seems like he's going to be the starter there for quite a while. They also have Bullock (they said they will resign him) who can play there and Galloway. It's the most overloaded position they have. They should have looked at C, PF, or PG it seems like.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #18
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Also, what are your thoughts on that Blake Griffin trade now? Could have had Porter with our draft pick. I would have rather took that gamble and kept Tobias. Seems like a better young core. It's not like the Pistons are competing for a championship yet. May as well have a bunch of young assets that can help us get there.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #19
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I think this about sums it up:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...aft/724077002/
Old 06-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #20
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Good article on SF's.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ard/744040002/

Probably the biggest hole we have in the lineup. I doubt they could afford him but I would go after Beasley. He could immediately start at SF and provide some much needed scoring. I also liked the idea of Williams at the FA camp. Ennis seems to be the guy they plan to resign. Saw that in the rumors today.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #21
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Shams Charania: Sources: Robinson will sign a two-year, $8.3M deal with the Pistons, including team option. Robinson has financial security and Detroit gets talented wing. via Twitter ShamsCharania

Probably the best SF we've had over the past few years. It's an upgrade but still makes us a mediocre team. I would expect him to fight for the starting spot at SF.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #22
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Bummer we won't be seeing Kennard in summer league. There's not a lot to look forward to this year.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #23
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Ellenson has had a pretty bad summer league. Being that it's his 3rd go at this he should be dominating out there. Last summer he did. He's unfortunately starting to look like a bust.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: