Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #16
aj1987
MH!

Default Re: How hard would you say your life is??

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Straight_Bitchmade/Stalker level, I would say my life is a 8-9.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #17
ROCSteady
One of One

It's been fairly easy as far as resources but also very up and down. Peaks and Valleys. Our minds are incredibly advanced and complex
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:59 AM   #18
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sMV-CsCmYU
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #19
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Deep Thinkers Only

Published on Jul 13, 2018
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #20
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

You make life for what it is , not living life what is given to you....

My life is pretty good , considering I designed , and envisioned it years ago , so I could retire at 57.

Dog train , hunt, fish , horse back ride, and now golf.....
Plenty of chores around 2 farms in 2 states ,,, can't ask for anything else, while enjoying a wife and 4 kids.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:40 AM   #21
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

I was very lucky with the circumstances of my birth (white male, well-off family, loving and supportive parents, etc), and everything has gone well with my education, career and family... after spending time in countries like India and Mexico I feel like all things considered my life has probably been a 1 or at most 2 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

Last edited by Nanners : 07-15-2018 at 02:44 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #22
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Was lucky enough to be born into a family where my parents were making good money and made a life for us comfortably in the NYC suburbs (although when they started out their lives together and moved to the U.S. in the 1980s, they often were going paycheck by paycheck). I haven't had to take out too many loans for university/grad school because they have offered to pay for most of it (very appreciative of this but I do plan to pay back my parents once I start earning legit money).

I definitely consider myself lucky because I know of someone in college whose parents make a bit more than mine and his parents didn't pay for university and medical school. I believe he will be around ~400K debt when he graduates. On top of wanting to be an orthopedic surgeon, he wants to so he can pay offs loans quicker (when they're done with training - they can make b/w $400K-$600K starting).

Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001 : 07-15-2018 at 01:49 PM.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
AirBonner
Tatyum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
Was lucky enough to be born into a family where my parents were making good money and made a life for us comfortably in the NYC suburbs (although when they started out their lives together and moved to the U.S. in the 1980s, they often were going paycheck by paycheck). I haven't had to take out too many loans for university/grad school because they have offered to pay for most of it (very appreciative of this but I do plan to pay back my parents once I start earning legit money).

I definitely consider myself lucky because I know of someone in college whose parents make a bit more than mine and his parents didn't pay for university and medical school. I believe he will be around ~400K debt when he graduates. On top of wanting to be an orthopedic surgeon, he wants to so he can pay offs loans quicker (when they're done with training - they can make b/w $400K-$600K starting).
Becoming an orthopedic surgeon to pay off school debt and make more money is kind of a shitty reason to choose a specific field of work
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #24
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
Becoming an orthopedic surgeon to pay off school debt and make more money is kind of a shitty reason to choose a specific field of work

Oh he wants to become one. He just was kinda salty that his debt will be that high.

His end goal was - team physician orthopedic surgeon which is incredibly hard to become even being from a good med school.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #25
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I was very lucky with the circumstances of my birth (white male, well-off family, loving and supportive parents, etc), and everything has gone well with my education, career and family... after spending time in countries like India and Mexico I feel like all things considered my life has probably been a 1 or at most 2 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

Very similar sentiments here. Though I'm not white male

Couldn't imagine what it would be like being a handicapped girl working at a sweatshop in India without parents .

Or a guy in the projects studying by candlelight selling dope to make ends meet.

At the end of the day each of us gotta do our best.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #26
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I got into a debate on Twitter with a semi-popular tech YouTuber and she was talking about don't tell someone that is struggling with life that things could be worse and I do that all the time honestly.

I feel like people need to pull their head's out of their ass and stop complaining and whining so much. I know people get sick, people get terminal illnesses, but it feels like that's all they want to concentrate on.

How about your friends and family? People have the same illnesses and don't have anyone to help them. Some people have these illnesses and don't have anywhere to live. A lot of people live in third world countries. Try to concentrate on the positives.

I feel quality of life is a lot about your attitude and how your perceive it. If you're going to sit there and pity yourself about how hard shit is, and muddle in it all the time and be negative. Well that's how your life is going to be.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #27
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

My life has been hard as hell. When you are living it, unless you are dirt poor or have like childhood cancer, life has a way of making you feel like everyone else's life is as hard, or even harder, and you are just a bitch boy.

I'm still thankful to be me. Wouldn't trade it. I will accept this life cuz I get to be me. And you can always hold onto the possibility that it will all be worth it some day.

Edit: life always can be worse, true. But I mean is someone who is a sex slave because they were abducted's life objectively harder than someone who was a rich kid and became a dope fiend and had to become a prostitute? At that point, we're almost moralizing opposed to judging what happened. Life is what happened not whose fault it is. Life isn't easier if it's your fault. Haha.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLsmak : 07-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: