Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons 2017 Off Season Moves

Since there isn't all that much to look forward to this season and there's starting to be some rumors going around about this summer already I figured I would start a new thread.

I've been reading a lot lately that the Nets are very interested in KCP. Everyone says they're going to offer a max deal to him. I guess the decent thing about him being restricted is we will get the chance to see if this is true or not and it's not just a random bidding war. It also kinda shows the state of SG's in the NBA. There's just not a lot of great ones right now. He'd definitely put up better numbers in New Jersey since his usage rate would likely go way up. I just wonder if the Pistons are going to match.

Detroit has put themselves in a really bad spot in the draft again. If they were going to not match on KCP there isn't much out there to fill his shoes in the draft where they are at. Maybe Luke Kennard would be around. At least he's a very good 3 point shooter which is something the Pistons have needed for a while. Outside of that there's probably going to be a lot of big guys around at that point. Maybe TJ Leaf or Harry Giles falls. They could look at Bam Adebayo. Some mocks have us taking SG Donovan Mitchell out of Louisville. I really don't think this draft is as deep as some are saying. I like the top guys and outside of that it's a gamble. I would take that gamble on Giles. He'd be right there in the lottery if it wasn't for injuries. He's young and may get past it though. The thing with taking a big is we just drafted Ellenson at about the same area last year.... Unless they trade Harris, Morris, or Leurer I can't see any PT opening up next season. I don't see them trading Morris or Leurer. Both are on cap friendly contracts.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons 2017 Off Season Moves

Perhaps we should have taken Booker last year, instead of Stanley, as he would be a decent replacement if we let KCP walk ........ *sigh

NBA lottery pick

I think a lot of teams would have taken Booker over their picks.... but yeah he's definitely the better player. Although Detroit would have just sat him and never developed him so it's tough to say how good he would have ended up.

NBA lottery pick

I wonder if it's almost a better idea to let a team like the Nets have KCP for the max and then we make an offer for a guy like Tim Hardaway Jr. He's been amazing since about January. He can hit the outside shot and get 15-20 ppg. He's shown that he can grab a few rebounds and pass when asked to. I feel like he's a kind of under the radar guy. He's restricted, but I would imagine we could make an offer that Atlanta wouldn't match and save some money on KCP in the deal. Obviously KCP is the better defender. If he takes a max offer from NJ he'll basically be saying he never wants to win though. Not that Detroit is headed in the right direction, but they're still better off than the Nets.

NBA lottery pick

After last night who is ready to trade Dre and make Boban the starter?

NBA lottery pick

Apparently Detroit is going to match any offer for KCP.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl...1_127_23731459

NBA lottery pick

The top FA's under 25

And that's why KCP is getting paid. I did mention Hardaway Jr. too. I like his game (offensively).

I think we need to keep KCP - I believe he is a top 5 SG in this league and is just about to enter the best 5 years of his career. Defense and stretching the floor are the two things he can be elite at, which are the most valuable commodities in today's league...

NBA lottery pick

I think at this point I'd much rather have KCP than Reggie if we had to make a choice of who to keep because of their contracts. Before the season I wouldn't have said that. KCP is slowly coming along. It takes SG's so long to develop most of the time. Once he's in his prime he has a chance to be very good. Hopefully he keeps working after he gets paid. That's the one thing that scares me. Some of these guys take a step back after their contract year.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Perhaps we should have taken Booker last year, instead of Stanley, as he would be a decent replacement if we let KCP walk ........ *sigh
    Letting KCP walk is out of the question regardless, lets be clear on that.

That said, I sure as hell wish we landed Booker or Turner.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think a lot of teams would have taken Booker over their picks.... but yeah he's definitely the better player. Although Detroit would have just sat him and never developed him so it's tough to say how good he would have ended up.
    No, just no

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    No, just no
    You can't argue that we have done a terrible job developing young talent.

NBA lottery pick

More Drummond trade rumors....

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/6...de-speculation

If the Celtics wanted to give up the 1st pick for him I'd do it. Grab Fultz, then draft a center with the 12 pick. Let Stanley and Ellenson play next year along with those two. Move Reggie for another pick in a following year. Blow up this mediocrity. Keep KCP. That would finally be the young core I'd be excited about. I'm not sure who else we'd need to take back from the Celtics cap wise to make it work. I have to imagine the two sides have discussed it. I'm sure there's a super low chance of it happening anyway around it.

There is no way they would give up the #1 for him, absolutely no way. It would be a different package, if it were to happen

NBA lottery pick

Looks like they are trying to trade that #1 pick for a bunch more picks. Then I could see them telling the Pistons they could have the 76ers pick for 12 and Drummond...