Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Has any team took out 8 HOF players in the postseason like the Mavs did in 2011?

LOL @ Westbrook and Harden.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Has any team took out 8 HOF players in the postseason like the Mavs did in 2011?

Hardens 24 years of age with:

2X All Star
    3rd Team All-NBA
    NBA Sixth Man of Year

and you can add at least an All-NBA Second team to that list for this year.

He easily projects to be a HOF type player. Nothing wrong with saying that. Only thing stopping him is injuries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    Hardens 24 years of age with:

2X All Star
    3rd Team All-NBA
    NBA Sixth Man of Year

and you can add at least an All-NBA Second team to that list for this year.

He easily projects to be a HOF type player. Nothing wrong with saying that. Only thing stopping him is injuries.
    Yep. No question about it.

Very good NBA starter

If we're being liberal about who's making the HOF... and assuming every current player will play till 35 years of age

2005 Spurs --- Nash, Amare, Marion, Wallace, Wallace, Billups, Allen, Carmelo, Camby, Johnson, McDyess

2004 pistons --- Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone, Redd, Kidd, Artest, O'Neal, Reggie, Kukoc

1999 Spurs --- Garnett, Shaq, Kobe, Sabonis, Sheed, Rice, Horry, Camby, Houston, Sprewell

2012 Heat --- Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Dirk, Carmelo, Chandler, George, Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    If we're being liberal about who's making the HOF... and assuming every current player will play till 35 years of age

2005 Spurs --- Nash, Amare, Marion, Wallace, Wallace, Billups, Allen, Carmelo, Camby, Johnson, McDyess

2004 pistons --- Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone, Redd, Kidd, Artest, O'Neal, Reggie, Kukoc

1999 Spurs --- Garnett, Shaq, Kobe, Sabonis, Sheed, Rice, Horry, Camby, Houston, Sprewell

2012 Heat --- Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Dirk, Carmelo, Chandler, George, Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo
    Liberal indeed

Very good NBA starter

Hey I didn't set the precedent. You can argue some of these players all day but what's the point of the thread really? Harden currently is no more of a HOFer than Redd IMO. And Chandler got a DPOY and Championship. Worse players have gotten in.

It's a TEAM game anyways, not 1 v 1 or 3 v 3... Just look at how great the 2004 or 2013 Lakers were with all their HOF'ers... You forgot to throw broken down Brandon Roy in as one of you "Hall of Famers"

That 2003-04 Lakers team is the definition of stacked;

Shaquille O'Neal
    Horace Grant
    Karl Malone
    Stanislav Medvedenko
    Brian Cook
    Rick Fox
    Devean George
    Luke Walton
    Kobe Bryant
    Kareem Rush
    Bryon Russell
    Gary Payton
    Derek Fisher
    Jannero Pargo

And they still lost.

lol 2012 Heat beat Dirk?

2011 Heat: Shaq, Rondo, Allen, KG, Pierce, Rose, Noah... 7

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

lol 2012 Heat beat Dirk?

2011 Heat: Shaq, Rondo, Allen, KG, Pierce, Rose, Noah... 7
    typo/wasn't thinking

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Liberal indeed
    lol you didn't think Marion was liberal?

-Smak

Very good NBA starter

For real though, would anybody be surprised if Marcus Camby made it into the HOF? ... I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    That 2003-04 Lakers team is the definition of stacked;

Shaquille O'Neal
    Horace Grant
    Karl Malone
    Stanislav Medvedenko
    Brian Cook
    Rick Fox
    Devean George
    Luke Walton
    Kobe Bryant
    Kareem Rush
    Bryon Russell
    Gary Payton
    Derek Fisher
    Jannero Pargo

And they still lost.
    Eh, how many guys were in their primes though? Sometimes it's about the level of performance, and you have to throw names completely out the window.

If Malone didn't hurt his knee, the season doesn't unfold the same way. Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to make it to the Finals anyway. The TWolves seemed like a team of destiny, and I fully expected them to get past us and beat Detroit (but Cassell hurt his back).

It is what it is...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

8 actually seems like a relatively small number.

Just off the top of my head The Pistons of the late 80s would've gotten Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Worthy, Magic, Kareem ... just in the last two rounds. That's 7 right there. I'd have to look up who they got in rounds 1 and 2. Most of the teams from that era are going to put up big numbers in this regard. The league wasn't as diluted, and more teams were able to fill there bench with later career HoFers.

The 87 Celtics would've have five with Walton on the bench. There were Sixer teams with Malone, Doc, and Barkley.

Chamberlain's '67 Sixers crushed 11 HOFers in the '67 post-season...

Oscar, Lucas, Russell, Havlicek, Howell, Sam Jones, KC Jones, Satch Sanders, Wayne Embry, Rick Barry, and Nate Thurmond....in three playoff rounds.

For real though, would anybody be surprised if Marcus Camby made it into the HOF? ... I wouldn't
    I would. Sure he won a DPOY (which could've been Duncans) but 0 all stars, 0 All NBA teams and only 4 All D teams (2 2nd team) in 18 years. I say only because defence is supposed to be his specialty. Solid player but not a HOFer to me.

I could also add Rasheed Wallace to the 2010 Lakers as he's on your list