Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Coach Nick: Russell Westbrook is not a point guard.

Westbrook really just needs to slow down. It's like his mind is racing on offense and he can't wait to make his move.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why would Durant scoring go up to 35ppg with DWill, CP3 or Rondo, when Blake Griffin hasnt benefitted offensively from CP3 and neither has Deandre Jordan. Cut the silly talk.
    come on GOBB you know very well if it happens in the 2k franchise mode it has to be true

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    because they will make the defense forget that Durant is on the team so he will be open all game long.

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

It really is a good analysis. The parts that really hit home for me are the plays where he gets himself in trouble complaining to the refs, loafing back on D after a fall, overplaying the ball on D for no reason, and throwing up long jumpers early in the shot clock.

That's low bball IQ, no leadership crap that I hate to see from a PG at any level. The kid has talent, but if he can't become a real PG, he would be better off moving to SG. And nothing I've seen tells me he's making any progress.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

One of the times that WB just makes you go

I enjoy Coach Nick's videos but this is one where he has gone a little too hard on the guy.
    Westbrook does tend to make 5 or so poor decisions a game, and Nick happened to analyse one where he made 10-15.
    You are not an elite team and a Championship contender if your star PG plays like that every game, which he doesn't.

Serious playground baller FlawlessVictory's Avatar

It is good analysis, but its one game... I'm sorry, but I am not denouncing him a PG based on one game.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    It really is a good analysis. The parts that really hit home for me are the plays where he gets himself in trouble complaining to the refs, loafing back on D after a fall, overplaying the ball on D for no reason, and throwing up long jumpers early in the shot clock.

That's low bball IQ, no leadership crap that I hate to see from a PG at any level. The kid has talent, but if he can't become a real PG, he would be better off moving to SG. And nothing I've seen tells me he's making any progress.
    I've always complained that CP3 uses all of the shot clock... but I guess it's better than forcing jumpers with 21 seconds left on the clock .

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Are there still people who think Westbrook is a Point Guard?

IMO, he is a top 5 SG

if derrick rose is a point guard, russell westbrook is a point guard.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Rondo....Here's a little fun fact about Mr Rondo....since he's been given the keys to our 0ffense after the championship, Boston has never finished in the top 10 in offensive efficiency despite his assists rising. Look at the celtics now...we may not even make the playoffs. The clippers?....slipping down the standing struggling against poor teams. Paul has done nothing to increase Blake Griffin Numbers, and the clippers offense is stagnant as stagnant can be.

The thunder is winning and Rusself Westbrook is a HUGE part of the reason why.... motherf**k a true PG....just win games.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why would Durant scoring go up to 35ppg with DWill, CP3 or Rondo, when Blake Griffin hasnt benefitted offensively from CP3 and neither has Deandre Jordan. Cut the silly talk.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    if derrick rose is a point guard, russell westbrook is a point guard.
    false

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Rondo....Here's a little fun fact about Mr Rondo....since he's been given the keys to our 0ffense after the championship, Boston has never finished in the top 10 in offensive efficiency despite his assists rising. Look at the celtics now...we may not even make the playoffs. The clippers?....slipping down the standing struggling against poor teams. Paul has done nothing to increase Blake Griffin Numbers, and the clippers offense is stagnant as stagnant can be.

The thunder is winning and Rusself Westbrook is a HUGE part of the reason why.... motherf**k a true PG....just win games.
    Clippers are struggling due to a major injury . Not sure how they slipped far down the standings. The most games over .500 they were was 10. They are 8 games over now. They also have been a top 5 offense all year, top 3 most of year. The differential without Chris Paul in lineup is an insane 9 ppg or so. Nice try though.... but it failed kid.

come on GOBB you know very well if it happens in the 2k franchise mode it has to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    The Clippers have a more balanced offense obviously with what 5 or 6 players who average 13+ ppg. The Thunder's offense pretty much comes from Westbrook+Durant+Harden. Durant's PPG would absolutely go up with a PG who is more willing to pass. Griffin's went down because the team added 2 15+ ppg scorers from previous season in Butler+Billups.
    PPG going up (which could mean anything, he avg 27ppg now it could go to 28-29ppg with those Pgs you mentioned) is one thing.

PPG going up to 35ppg is another. I'm sorry, you are being a bit ridiculous with that statement to think either PG improves Durants scoring ppg to that level. They wont. They are not Pgs who feed, feed, feed a scorer the ball over and over and over.