Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Serena Williams is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    Henin>Serena
    haha, Henin struggled against an injured Serena. Guess we will see Venus get revenge.

Maybe if Serena is in top form she's the favorite over Henin, but Henin has made a habit of bouncing her out of Grand Slams lately.

and man, outside of a few brilliantly contested points Venus just *****-slapped Sharapova all over the place.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade
    haha, Henin struggled against an injured Serena. Guess we will see Venus get revenge.
    Serena always has some kind of excuse after each loss. And the injury excuse is the best card to play. You win, and you won despite of the injury. You lose, and its because of the injury.

Either way, the RESULTS show Henin>Serena.

Serena always has some kind of excuse after each loss. And the injury excuse is the best card to play. You win, and you won despite of the injury. You lose, and its because of the injury.

Either way, the RESULTS show Henin>Serena.
    Serena is 6-5 all-time vs. Henin, and that was Henin's first win vs. Serena on a surface other than clay. What did the RESULTS prove?

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Serena is 6-5 all-time vs. Henin, and that was Henin's first win vs. Serena on a surface other than clay. What did the RESULTS prove?
    That Henin beat her for the second time in as many months and Serena would still rather make up an excuse for the loss rather then give credit to the better player.

That Henin beat her for the second time in as many months and Serena would still rather make up an excuse for the loss rather then give credit to the better player.
    And how is she the proven better player if she doesn't have the better head to head record?

And how is she the proven better player if she doesn't have the better head to head record?

Because head to head proves who's the better player?

So I guess Nadal's the best player in the world since he's owned Federer 8-4 in head to heads.

Because head to head proves who's the better player?

So I guess Nadal's the best player in the world since he's owned Federer 8-4 in head to heads.
    Most people in this thread have said that a healthy Serena on the top of her game is better than Henin. Henin gets the nod only because she is more consistent and has a better work ethic/less injuries.

Serena was injured, i suppose you watched her previous game? The one where she was on the floor crying in pain, the one where her trainer had to come on and give her treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade
    Serena was injured, i suppose you watched her previous game? The one where she was on the floor crying in pain, the one where her trainer had to come on and give her treatment?
    I saw the match. Saw her limp around like she had broke her leg or something. Then a rain delay hits and a little while later, she's vintage Serena overpowering her opponent? Then its back to the "if i was healthy" when she can't do the same to Henin.

Like I said earlier, the injury excuse is perfect. If she wins, its cause she's a warrior and she faught thru it. If she loses, its because the injury held her back and Henin got lucky. Win-win.

Most people in this thread have said that a healthy Serena on the top of her game is better than Henin. Henin gets the nod only because she is more consistent and has a better work ethic/less injuries.
    So then Henin is the better player right? I mean all that counts.

You can speculate all you want, but the fact is Henin is the better player right now. This is like saying if Shaq wasn't so fat and lazy, he'd have been better then Jordan.

So then Henin is the better player right? I mean all that counts.

You can speculate all you want, but the fact is Henin is the better player right now. This is like saying if Shaq wasn't so fat and lazy, he'd have been better then Jordan.
    Henin is "playing better" but not the "better player." There's a difference. Think hard about that.

Henin is "playing better" but not the "better player." There's a difference. Think hard about that.
    She's playing better because she IS the better player. There's a reason behind that. Think about that one.

She's playing better because she IS the better player. There's a reason behind that. Think about that one.
    So would you also say that the Jazz and Warriors are better than the Mavs since they both made it to the second round?:

So would you also say that the Jazz and Warriors are better than the Mavs since they both made it to the second round?:
    Warriors won 7 of the 9 meetings between the teams this year, so yeah they were the better team this past season. Nice try though.

You can keep eating upthe "well if I was healthy..." bull**** that Serena feeds you, but I'll look at what actually happens.