Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Why Do People Put MJ ahead of Wilt

Why do people put MJ ahead of Wilt, but put Wilt ahead of Magic, Bird, Kobe?

I say if you want wilt in your top 10 then you have to put him at number 1 and russell at 2.

You cant put MJ ahead of Wilt if Magic, bird,and Kareem arn't ahead of him.

Last edited by N0Skillz; 08-15-2011 at 02:49 AM.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

Default Re: Why Do People Put MJ ahead of Wilt

Drunken Friday night post?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ITS TRUE

FCK WILT AND RUSSELL THOSE WEAK ASS ERA SHT HEADS

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Jordan's ability to carry his team to championships (6) and win finals MVP (6) is what puts him above Wilt. To me, Wilt is the most dominant performer in league history but his inability to get past Boston hurts his chances at being #1.

I have Jordan (1), Kareem (2) & Wilt (3). I can't really grasp how anyone can have a different three players in their top three besides Magic Johnson and Bill Russell. Magic's resume is legendary and his career was cut short; he is probably the most valuable player of All-Time at what he did on the basketball court. Russell is the epitome of a perfect career; at the end it's all about winning the championship and being at the top of the world. The man has done so almost every year of his NBA career, you can not deny his greatness.

Then you have guys like Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Mosses Malone. Out of that group; I'd only really put Bird & maybe Shaq on that prestigious pantheon.

Only Kareem has had as complete of a career as Jordan has had; in terms of impact, playoff performances, championships, defensive prowess and personal accolades...Kareem is right there with Michael; Wilt falls drastically short in the championship department.

I put wilt below mj, Bird, Magic, Kareem. he just put up empty numbers

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    Jordan's ability to carry his team to championships (6) and win finals MVP (6) is what puts him above Wilt. To me, Wilt is the most dominant performer in league history but his inability to get past Boston hurts his chances at being #1.

I have Jordan (1), Kareem (2) & Wilt (3). I can't really grasp how anyone can have a different three players in their top three besides Magic Johnson and Bill Russell. Magic's resume is legendary and his career was cut short; he is probably the most valuable player of All-Time at what he did on the basketball court. Russell is the epitome of a perfect career; at the end it's all about winning the championship and being at the top of the world. The man has done so almost every year of his NBA career, you can not deny his greatness.

Then you have guys like Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Mosses Malone. Out of that group; I'd only really put Bird & maybe Shaq on that prestigious pantheon.

Only Kareem has had as complete of a career as Jordan has had; in terms of impact, playoff performances, championships, defensive prowess and personal accolades...Kareem is right there with Michael; Wilt falls drastically short in the championship department.
    Nobody gt past Boston. It's not like other were doin' in, but Wilt got stopped. No, he got stopped like everyone else.

Who did Jordan get past, a last season Magic Johnson, last great season Clyde Drexler and Charles Barkley. A not yet prime Gary Payton? Kemp and Malone were the only players at their absolute prime against the Bulls.

Hell, come come Russell isn't number one? He beat Pettit, Baylor, West, Wilt, Robertson all in the prime of his career. That's fove top 15 players.

Jordan beat two top 15 players, and only one (Shaq) could be considered in his prime. Jordan beat a bunch of top 20 and beyond players

I don't know about Wilt over MJ but really if you look at what players are mentioned as GOAT, it's usually between MJ, Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Magic or even Bird.
    Most believe MJ is the GOAT and coincidently, he is by far the shortest of those five legends.That is impressive IMO.

Because majority of people view Wilt as a statpadder who was tangibly the greatest ever, but intangibly, maybe the most flawed. Now, I don't necessarily agree with that, but that is the commonly held view of Wilt. he's the living epitome that stats matter little in the larger scheme of things.

in b4 jlauber's novel

i dont know anyone who puts wilt ahead of mj

kareem i can understand

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Who did Jordan get past, a last season Magic Johnson, last great season Clyde Drexler and Charles Barkley. A not yet prime Gary Payton? Kemp and Malone were the only players at their absolute prime against the Bulls.

Jordan beat two top 15 players, and only one (Shaq) could be considered in his prime. Jordan beat a bunch of top 20 and beyond players
    What a dumb retard!!!

1991 Magic: Runner Up MVP. (31 yrs)
    1992 Clyde: Runner Up MVP consider equal to MJ (30 Yrs)
    1993 Barkley: NBA Reg Sea MVP (30 Yrs)
    1996 Payton: NBA DPOY in his prime
    1996 Kemp: Runner up MVP & his best season ever.
    1997 Malone: NBA Reg Sea MVP
    1998 Malone: Runner up MVP
    1997 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader
    1998 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader & his best NBA season Ever.

MJ denied everyone ring except Hakeem. All these guys who lost to MJ were in their peak or prime & in their best years including Ewing, Mourning.

MJ was just a beast. It aint like Today's Gay NBA league where Kobe dont even face MVPs or Runner up MVPs in NBA Finals & still manages to loose to aging celtics.
    Last edited by gengiskhan; 08-13-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Nobody gt past Boston. It's not like other were doin' in, but Wilt got stopped. No, he got stopped like everyone else.

Hell, come come Russell isn't number one? He beat Pettit, Baylor, West, Wilt, Robertson all in the prime of his career. That's fove top 15 players.

That's really nit picking.
    You can add Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Alonzo Mourning, Reggie Miller, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Anfernee Hardaway...all players he beat in the Finals or on his way to the Finals.

i hate the lakers but cmon that last jab was weak

bynum ariza injured, pau + odom's sacks shrank, a bit of sneaky fouling on kobe

but yeah that game 6 i dont even have words for, that was one of the happiest moments of my life, made nice bank and partied like a rock star because of it, god bless the celtics but i think god is a boston sports fan already

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    What a dumb retard!!!

1991 Magic: Runner Up MVP. (31 yrs)
    1992 Clyde: Runner Up MVP consider equal to MJ (30 Yrs)
    1993 Barkley: NBA Reg Sea MVP (30 Yrs)
    1996 Payton: NBA DPOY in his prime
    1996 Kemp: Runner up MVP & his best season ever.
    1997 Malone: NBA Reg Sea MVP
    1998 Malone: Runner up MVP
    1997 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader
    1998 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader & his best NBA season Ever.

MJ denied everyone ring except Hakeem. All these guys who lost to MJ were in their peak or prime & in their best years including Ewing, Mourning.

MJ was just a beast. It aint like Today's Gay NBA league where Kobe dont even face MVPs or Runner up MVPs in NBA Finals & still manages to loose to aging celtics.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That's really nit picking.
    You can add Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Alonzo Mourning, Reggie Miller, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Anfernee Hardaway...all players he beat in the Finals or on his way to the Finals.
    Are they top 15, I said he beat player top 20 and beyond.

Jordan couldn't get past prime Bird, prime Isiah Thomas, this is a fact not opinion. I'll give him Magic, though we know 1991 wasn't the same as mid 80s Magic, still a top 5 player in the league at that time.

The same with Barkley in 1993.

Clyde Drexler is my favorite player ever, but like you said he was (considered) Jordan's equal but we all know what happened in the 92 Finals.

One more thing, Russell should never be considered #1 because he was never the Celtics best offensive player, his teams were stacked with All Stars and he was basically a defensive center.I'm not trying to lessen what Russell did but I think Shaq was a better player than Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    One more thing, Russell should never be considered #1 because he was never the Celtics best offensive player, his teams were stacked with All Stars and he was basically a defensive center.I'm not trying to lessen what Russell did but I think Shaq was a better player than Russell.
    Celtics before Russell = out in the 1st round playoffs
    The next season = NBA Champs

Celtic after Russell = no playoffs
    The season before = NBA Champs