Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Default My friend is getting married and there is a bachelor planned in Cabo Mexico, BUT....

His soon to be wife is also coming along the trip with her own friends and have their own bachelorette party in the same damn town.

How should I feel about this? Background on my friend's soon to be wife...she is a cop and also very possessive of my friend and I personally don't really get along with her. The plan is to have all the guys and girls separate for the first 2 days then have everyone together for the last day, but judging by her character I wouldn't be surprised if she checks up on him constantly which would kill all the fun, another guy who I know is also going on the trip along with his wife, I wouldn't be surprised if his wife bugs him throughout the trip too.

Me and my other friend are already thinking about bailing on the trip, we first agreed to go because it was thought that it was just going to be a guys trip, only to find out the wife cop is going too. WTF man.

Any advice on what I should do? Go or bail?

Last edited by 1987_Lakers : 01-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Default Re: My friend is getting married and there is a bachelor planned in Cabo Mexico, BUT....

Tell him not to get married. Marriage is a modern day scam and he'll be out of a lot of time and money.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
Dr Seuss
Local High School Star

Default Re: My friend is getting married and there is a bachelor planned in Cabo Mexico, BUT....

you seriously considering not going because she'll be in the same area?

do you think youre going to have your own "hangover" adventure?

dont be dumb. go and have fun. who cares if shes there. shes not your mother.
Dr Seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #4
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
you seriously considering not going because she'll be in the same area?

do you think youre going to have your own "hangover" adventure?

dont be dumb. go and have fun. who cares if shes there. shes not your mother.

Im worried that we are not going to be doing all the fun crazy stuff together we should be doing cause there might be restrictions. You have no idea how much of a control freak this girl is, she is making sure to be in the area for a freakn bachelors party so things don't go too wild. Like a true cop. Where is the fun in that??

Yea, I can go out and have fun on my own, but it wouldn't be as fun.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
falc39
National High School Star

I definitely do not prefer this but would personally still go. I've been to a bachelor party like this and honestly it was probably not as fun as it could of been than if they were separate. But the trip is for your friend and if that is what he wants, then I would still support it and just focus on making the best of the situation given the circumstances.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #6
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
I definitely do not prefer this but would personally still go. I've been to a bachelor party like this and honestly it was probably not as fun as it could of been than if they were separate. But the trip is for your friend and if that is what he wants, then I would still support it and just focus on making the best of the situation given the circumstances.
I would feel like an ass for bailing on the trip for exactly that reason.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:48 PM   #7
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

just go man. i've been to plenty of trips like where they had the potential to be compromised by an annoying b1tch or asshole. i just did my own thing if it really went south.

get some perico and have fun at a club.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

dont bail on your friend or youre not really friends.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

ni99a afraid of dropping a few corpses and getting busted by the bride
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
Akrazotile
NBA Legend

It is important to be a good and supportive friend, BUT...

Trips like that usually arent cheap. I dont think youre obligated to spend that kinda money on a trip you wont enjoy.

Like it’s obvious the bachelor party concept isnt really compatible with how their relationship works. And thats ok. But why try and force it when it’s really not what his fiance wants him to do, and therefore HE’S not even comfortable doing it? Nobody has to have a bachelor party just cause the phrase exists. In fact, since his fiance prob doesnt want him to have one anyhow, why dont you all just convince him to skip the big trip and you guys can all spend an evening out in your own city toasting them or whatever?

Like why would you fly out of the country to a resort, to have a bachelor party that isnt a bachelor party? Just because youre “supposed” to have a bachelor party?

Id just tell him “look, if having a legit bachelor party will put a strain on your relationship, then lets just skip it. It’s excessive to fly to mexico to do some wholesome low key shit, we can do that right here.”
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #11
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
His soon to be wife is also coming along the trip with her own friends and have their own bachelorette party in the same damn town.

How should I feel about this? Background on my friend's soon to be wife...she is a cop and also very possessive of my friend and I personally don't really get along with her. The plan is to have all the guys and girls separate for the first 2 days then have everyone together for the last day, but judging by her character I wouldn't be surprised if she checks up on him constantly which would kill all the fun, another guy who I know is also going on the trip along with his wife, I wouldn't be surprised if his wife bugs him throughout the trip too.

Me and my other friend are already thinking about bailing on the trip, we first agreed to go because it was thought that it was just going to be a guys trip, only to find out the wife cop is going too. WTF man.

Any advice on what I should do? Go or bail?

You're not there to worry about who is checking on who, you are there to be there for your friend. It's not your party it's his. Man the fuck up and get your ticket booked.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:29 AM   #12
UK2K
NBA Legend

On a side note...

I am doing the same thing.

We are doing our bachelor/bachelorette party in Vegas or NOLA, where each group has their own night on Friday, and then the two groups join up and hang out together Saturday.

My friends are cool, and my fiance's friends are cool and hot, so I don't really see an issue with it. Plus, I can get my fiance's friends drunk and get them to suck my wee wee.

I think it's becoming a more common thing now, honestly, but my fiance is cool, and is my best friend, so I don't mind if she's around at all. Or her friends.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #13
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Tell him not to get married. Marriage is a modern day scam and he'll be out of a lot of time and money.
This
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #14
Uncle Drew
Young Drip King

Lmao, your friend is getting married and you are contemplating whether to go to his bachelor party or not. Some friend you are.

He should withdraw your wedding invitation immediately.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
Akrazotile
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Lmao, your friend is getting married and you are contemplating whether to go to his bachelor party or not. Some friend you are.

He should withdraw your wedding invitation immediately.

Guy’s gotta get his passport renewed just to go watch his friend get remote controlled by his fiance.

I mean the thing works both ways, right? If a relationship drastically changes how you act around your friends, that aint too cool.

I wouldnt be too keen to fly to Mexico just to watch a buddy get whipped.

I say just tell him straight up. He doesnt have to do anything he doesnt feel comfortable doing - but if his fiance is gonna dictate what yall do as a group even when it’s just the guys... no thanks.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: