Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default Kobe MVP?

I know most of us are biased, but I don't see how Kobe doesn't get MVP this year... I could make great cases for Lebron or Chris Paul, but the fact that Kobe has NEVER won the MVP is insane... I think the writers will take that into account and it is essentially his to lose....they know that Lebron will win 4 or 5 before his career is over... it would be flat out wrong if a guy like Kobe never won an MVP... Kobe 2008 MVP and FINALS MVP?? sounds good to me....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Default Re: Kobe MVP?

I just want a title....thats it.

Kobe can win it you know....still half a season to play. And politics will go on his side if the Lakers finish first.

But I want a title....thats a team effort!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I just want a title....thats it.

Kobe can win it you know....still half a season to play. And politics will go on his side if the Lakers finish first.

But I want a title....thats a team effort!!!
yea same here...LA has been in a drought for a long time...We're anguishing in pain here! ever

I guess history repeats itself, as the Laker's sucked from 93-97...I feel like this year or next year is possibly the repeat of 2000...
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

i personally think the MVP this season is between Kobe and C. Paul, why on earth LeBron is always listed is beyond me. i donít see how LeBron is an MVP, maybe one day but not right now. Kobe and C. Paul are having amazing seasons and playing at an extremely high level! if the NBA wants ratings i say Kobe gets the MVP and the Lakers meet the Suns in the playoffs lol! but honestly if not Kobe then it has to be Paul!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Lakers > than any one individual on the team... that means I want a title more than anything.

That being said, I have no idea how they decide the MVP for the league. There are so many different dimensions that you can look at it from and they have no published decision criteria that I am aware of.

In my mind, this is Kobe's best year of his career as a player and a leader. But thats me. Perhaps his "mental divorce" over the summer helped him to let go a little bit to focus on developing his team rather than controling it.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Yes its sad that Kobe don't have an MVP yet. Dude better get it this year. Now let me get back to my morning coffee.

Dude is playing hurt need not to say more.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: