Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #46
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

That was because the bulls and wizards totally dismanteled their teams. so it would have to take about 6 years for them to get back through drafts in the case of the bulls which they did well. this team won't have a chance to get only 33 wins though. players will be traded if they don't have a winning record by all-star break. They will get more than 33 though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #47
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

The Knicks may not make the playoffs this year. However, with their talent and league leading payroll, it is not reasonable to lump them into typical rebuilding teams. I expect them to win between 33 and 41 games, depending on how they adjust to a consistent rotation and uptempo game. Knick fans are hopeful that this team that under acheived last year will realize their potential this year. It's somewhat of a long shot. But it is possible. If so 40 to 45 wins and the playoffs would be within reach.

I disagree about the shooters. The Knicks do have some excellent outside shooters, including Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson. Plus they have big-time scorers and penetrators in Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis and Crawford. Eddie Curry gives them solid a low-post scorer who demands double teaming. Channing Fry and Lee give them extra rebounding and nice mid-range to low-post games. Five of their starting six can attract double teams, so they can create havock if they ever learn to share the ball. They have a very deep bench and have added three new defensive players in Jarred Jeffries, Rolando Blankman and Mardy Collins. Plus Crawford, Robinson, Marbury and Blankman are all high-energy guys who can steal and change the tempo of the game.

On paper, the Knicks look great. The problem (and question is) when will they realize this potential on the court? If they do, 41-45 wins seems reasonable. If not 33 wins is likely.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 AM   #48
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

When your $70 Million or whatever it is, over the salary cap, the only way to rebuild is thru the draft, but you decided to do it thru trades and free agents and consequently traded away draft picks. This is why you are no better this year and why you will be doing well to win 30 games. Good luck I hope you prove me wrong.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #49
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I agree about draft picks. The Knicks last year picked up Frye, Robinson and Lee -- three excelent players. This year they added Rolando Balkman and Mardy Collins - two defenders.

As I said IMHO 33-41 wins this year is likely.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: