Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Lakers center Mihm recovering well from ankle surgery

Lakers center Mihm recovering well from ankle surgery

Oct. 11, 2006, CBS SportsLine dot com

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers center Chris Mihm's recovery from offseason surgery on his right ankle is going well enough for him to do some running and participate in more basketball drills at practice Wednesday.

Mihm said he was able to work up a sweat and looked forward to seeing how his ankle reacted overnight.

"It's definitely progress," said Mihm, who played in only one game after injuring his ankle March 12 in a game against Seattle. "Like I've said, we kind of go day-by-day. We increased it a little more today, so we'll see how it reacts tomorrow.

"Hopefully, as long as it doesn't swell up or flare up at all, (I'll) keep progressing toward getting back out on the floor."

Mihm said he won't play Thursday night when the Lakers face the SuperSonics in their second exhibition game. He said his goal remains to play in at least one exhibition game before the season-opener Oct. 31 against Phoenix.

"I'd like to just kind of try and get my legs under me in a game situation and kind of work on my timing a little bit," Mihm said. "But that all depends on how this reacts. If it needs those extra four or five days and not playing in a game, if that's going to help, then we'll have to take it. But we'll see."

Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic, who scored 13 points on 5-for-6 shooting during a 94-79 victory over the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night in Fresno, has a bruised left foot. However, he's expected to play against Seattle.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Lakers center Mihm recovering well from ankle surgery

Oct. 11, 2006, CBS SportsLine dot com

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers center Chris Mihm's recovery from offseason surgery on his right ankle is going well enough for him to do some running and participate in more basketball drills at practice Wednesday.

Mihm said he was able to work up a sweat and looked forward to seeing how his ankle reacted overnight.

"It's definitely progress," said Mihm, who played in only one game after injuring his ankle March 12 in a game against Seattle. "Like I've said, we kind of go day-by-day. We increased it a little more today, so we'll see how it reacts tomorrow.

"Hopefully, as long as it doesn't swell up or flare up at all, (I'll) keep progressing toward getting back out on the floor."

Mihm said he won't play Thursday night when the Lakers face the SuperSonics in their second exhibition game. He said his goal remains to play in at least one exhibition game before the season-opener Oct. 31 against Phoenix.

"I'd like to just kind of try and get my legs under me in a game situation and kind of work on my timing a little bit," Mihm said. "But that all depends on how this reacts. If it needs those extra four or five days and not playing in a game, if that's going to help, then we'll have to take it. But we'll see."

Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic, who scored 13 points on 5-for-6 shooting during a 94-79 victory over the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night in Fresno, has a bruised left foot. However, he's expected to play against Seattle.

Thanks for the article SoCalMike.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

hopefully he has his consistent hook shot down.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

With Mihm being in his contract year the sooner the better for his return, provided the Lakers will want to showcase Mihm's talents before the trade deadline in hopefully getting a quality PG in return.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
With Mihm being in his contract year the sooner the better for his return, provided the Lakers will want to showcase Mihm's talents before the trade deadline in hopefully getting a quality PG in return.

why would you trade Mihm when he is good started and solid back and the most important thing is Bynum is not ready yet. he will maybe ready in next 2-3 years.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

[quote=Lakers_Kobe_Fan]why would you trade Mihm when he is good started and solid back and the most important thing is Bynum is not ready yet. he will maybe ready in next 2-3 years.[/QUOTE\]

Mihm is a good quality back up center and being in his contract year makes him a valuable trade commodity especially w/the Lakers having 3 centers they have the luxury in trading Chris for a quality player in return, besides Bynum will be getting more minutes from Phil this year considering he's no longer a Rook.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*

Another PG?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: