Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Ray Allen replaces Jameer Nelson in 2009 All-Star game

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Doez it really phucking matter in the all-star game? Like when's the last time you saw an awesome defensive play with a classic center clogging the paint and playing "fundamental bigman defense." Bosh will provide the mid-range lefty J'z, a few nasty blocks, and the speed to make this an exciting one. Besides statistcally he's second to Dwight in EC

Anyways YES Ray'z my fav playah of all time, and let him chock one up for his legacy once more. Admit its awfully lucky but hey I'm not complainin'

I remember about three years back he had the most points in the ASG but LBJ took over in the clutch.
    yes it matterz because Ilguaskas earned it, and it will be on Bosh's resume for the rest of eternity

Bosh = PF

Z = C

you're suppose to pick a center not a PF

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MD23
    I think its pretty stupid lettin a guy be injury replacement 3 years in a row Vince is more of an allstar than ray however i believe Mo Williams has gotta be in there the Cavs offense has improved so much since he got there ppl hate on his cos he dosent have "Allstar Numbers" but when it comes to gettin wins for his team hes an allstar n thats what counts imho.
    What did punctuation marks do to you to spark such a vicious vendetta?

Put yr guns up

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ray is putting up 18 a game on 50% shooting, 41% from 3, and 94% from the line while making clutch shots all over the place. How many people to do that welll on teams as good as the Celtics arent all stars? especially a proven star like Ray. Not like Mo Williams playing well. Ray is a proven star who is taking under 13 shots a game for the sake of the team. Mo is a good guard on a team with a good record but hes on that Dana Barros "He was an all star?" level. good player. But Ray Allen is a real star. Not like Ray is actually playing worse than him either. Hes a perfectly deserving all star.
    This. Not that it's the end-all, be-all, but his +- is higher than KG's and Pierce. Last year his selection was questionable, this year it was outrageous he didn't make the first cut.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

ohhh sweet!

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

I agree with whoever said Ray should have made the first cut to begin with. The guy is an all-star, and belongs on the team. End of story.

Ray is putting up 18 a game on 50% shooting, 41% from 3, and 94% from the line while making clutch shots all over the place. How many people to do that well on teams as good as the Celtics aren't all stars? especially a proven star like Ray. Not like Mo Williams playing well. Ray is a proven star who is taking under 13 shots a game for the sake of the team. Mo is a good guard on a team with a good record but hes on that Dana Barros "He was an all star?" level. good player. But Ray Allen is a real star. Not like Ray is actually playing worse than him either. Hes a perfectly deserving all star.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one.

McCants is Available!!

Mike Brown is coaching this so if Ray doesn't get much playing time, we will know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudjjay
    This is pathetic, Ray Allen has been an injury replacement for the third year in a row.
    at least he made it...

Common-sense Cavs Fan

Ray is putting up 18 a game on 50% shooting, 41% from 3, and 94% from the line while making clutch shots all over the place. How many people to do that welll on teams as good as the Celtics arent all stars? especially a proven star like Ray. Not like Mo Williams playing well. Ray is a proven star who is taking under 13 shots a game for the sake of the team.
    Mo's numbers are practically identical. I thought All Stars went on what you brought to your teams, and Mo is on a cavs team who is only 6 wins away from matching last years totals, and there are over 30 games to play still.

I think it's just fair enough to put Mo on the team and then the top 3 teams all have 2 All Stars, I mean there is obviously more than 1 player from each team doing a hell of a job.

I just think Mo should be on the team.

Ray and Mo both are the 3rd player on the team. I haven't watched as many Celtics games, but KG has brought both ends of intensity up, and Pierce is there go to guy, so how is it that Ray is the best player, he hits his big shots, that's great, but Pierce and KG I think are deservedly the 1st and 2nd best players on their teams.

Z could have been a lock at back up C if he had not missed so many games, Z is the 2nd best Center in the East, and I don't think if he was healthy there would have been any complaints about him making the All Star team.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

I would love to see nate robinson in an all star game at least 1 time.

Bucks fan

Mo was the same exact player last year. Unless you advocated him being on the all-star team last year, keep quiet.

Ray Allen is well deserving.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Mo's numbers are practically identical. I thought All Stars went on what you brought to your teams, and Mo is on a cavs team who is only 6 wins away from matching last years totals, and there are over 30 games to play still.

I think it's just fair enough to put Mo on the team and then the top 3 teams all have 2 All Stars, I mean there is obviously more than 1 player from each team doing a hell of a job.
    Who else should have been an all star on the 94 Rockets besides Hakeem? 02-04 Spurs besides Duncan? 02 finals Nets besids Kidd? A tgeam being good...even world champ level..doesnt mean it has more than one all star. Ray Allen is a 9 time all star. A proven superstar who has led his own teams to 50+ wins and conference finals. Hes more productive than Mo overall. More points better shooting overall and from 3 and they both shoot 94 from the line. Mo gets an extra assist but thats it. Hes a point playing with one of the best finishers ever. HE should get the extra assist. Hes not playing better and hes not a better player. Shouldnt be an all star just because the Cavs are good. Hes no more of an all star than Kenyon Martin should have been in 2002 or Otis Thorpe or Vernon Maxwell in 94 when the Rockets won it all.

Hes not a dumb pick...but there is nothing to be upset about if he doesnt get in over Ray Allen who is a flat out better player having at least an equal season.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Mo was the same exact player last year. Unless you advocated him being on the all-star team last year, keep quiet.

Ray Allen is well deserving.
    Dead right...

As I said before this selection with leaving Mo out will make Lebron look even greater if the Cavs do beat the Celtics in the playoffs. Which I kind of expect will happen unless Boston can get more bench help. Davis and Powe as their main guys off the bench will not get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudjjay
    This is pathetic, Ray Allen has been an injury replacement for the third year in a row.
    **** you