Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
OnePeat
I airball my layups

OnePeat has an OK reputation so far
Default Busted rib, thinking of buying one of these

So yesterday I'm guarding some dude down low with my arms raised, and he just decides to do the Shaq shoulder charge full force right into my ribs. Few plays later he did it again, and then a couple of more times. I didn't feel nothing at the time, but later that night I go home and I can barely breathe in or move without pain--pretty sure I broke a rib.

Anyway, now that I'm out of commission, I'm wondering if anyone has used these shirts, or thinks it's useful to try them.

http://www.hex-pad.com/hexpad_shirts_by_mcdavid.htm

Also, what's your opinion on the shoulder charge to the chest to clear space down low--foul, or no?
OnePeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Busted rib, thinking of buying one of these

If it's too much force, which it sounds like it was, call a foul.

Of course that pad thingy will be useful in lessening the impact. Might be uncomfortable to wear though.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Capo617
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Capo617 has an OK reputation so far

Should work. I don't see how it would feel weird though, it's basically an under armour shirt with some cushioning. Lebron and a few other cats wear them. I just hate the price tags on them. Other then that they seem good. The shorts do too.
Capo617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

first of all hope your ribs get better you better call that foul next time.
but i wear all the Hex McDavid Stuff the shirts shorts and sleeves, no people used to make fun but when i just take charges and elbows and knees all game and don't limp away like others do everyone took notice. Now all my team wears the shirts and shorts at least.
They really do absorb lots of the shock and help out with hard hits. They may be a little pricey and at first your gonna feel really wierd in them but trust me they are deff worth it
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
first of all hope your ribs get better you better call that foul next time.
but i wear all the Hex McDavid Stuff the shirts shorts and sleeves, no people used to make fun but when i just take charges and elbows and knees all game and don't limp away like others do everyone took notice. Now all my team wears the shirts and shorts at least.
They really do absorb lots of the shock and help out with hard hits. They may be a little pricey and at first your gonna feel really wierd in them but trust me they are deff worth it

i can't remember the last time someone's called an offensive foul in a pickup game..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #6
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i can't remember the last time someone's called an offensive foul in a pickup game..

Me neither. Where I play, if you unfortunately get into a game with a select few, it'll be raining defensive fouls all day.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 AM   #7
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

I'm sure they help and stuff, but I think these kind of things should be against league rules in college and pro basketball, but since they're not, might as well give em a try I guess.

Don't take offense, but this kind of stuff, makes basketball seem like a wussy sport.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime

if the person continues to foul you, you gotta call that, you can't let your own image let you risk getting hurt playin someone in a game of basketball at a park
but i play in a league around here so it isn't rare for me to take a charge in a sreetball game and try to get the call
Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I'm sure they help and stuff, but I think these kind of things should be against league rules in college and pro basketball, but since they're not, might as well give em a try I guess.

Don't take offense, but this kind of stuff, makes basketball seem like a wussy sport.

it is just players trying to reduce the risk of injuries to themselves that would be similar to baseball minus helmets, football minus pads, hockey in a tanktop and shorts. And basketball isn't about being hard it's about putting a ball in a hoop.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: