Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far
Default Vince Carter is still the same?

he has a way new diffrent game now, what is going on with him? am I really the only one noticing this sh*t? he's not a perimeter threat anymore, he's not doing any crazy crossovers with the ball, not driving baseline more than he used to , he is just posting up on people, making easy layups, and shooting when he is open. I think all that jumping caught up to him, or he is just really tired from last season, and he decided to just take a brake for the whole summer by not working on his jumping ability or dribbling. Sure his stats are basically the same, but who really wants to see this VC? It's official, Vince Carter is now a Power Forward! AND I WANT THE OLD VC BACK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcyd9PvXe...elated&search=
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Jordan is his later years also stopped doing that outside stuff.

when a player gets older, they realize winning is above personal achievements.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
when a player gets older, they realize winning is above personal achievements.
exactly.

i don't give a damn about that highlight crap. make the smart decision every time and you'll win ball games. perhaps this is the result of playing long-enough on a team with jason kidd at its core.

i'm not a long-time watcher of carter but the times i've seen him this season i've been very impressed. he's been getting his teammates involved, handling the ball at the top of the key like a shorter version of chris webber or vlade divac, but still retains his amazing athleticism to make all kinds of scoring plays himself.

even iverson has gotten a lot better about playing smart, which is fortunate for him because the odds are he wasn't going to play at this level at this age, given the pounding his body has taken.

if you want highlights why not just watch "and1" or ESPN compilations?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
handling the ball at the top of the key like a shorter version of chris webber or vlade divac

that's my point right. I'm SHOCKED about that. He's been dribbling like a big man, and those damn knee pads. He has a completly diffrent game, I guess this is the Post Bulls Jordan era for Vince Carter. I think he needs to take a break, get his act together, and then come back rejuvinated. This is the 2006-07 version of the 2005-06 TMac. I guess he just gave up on being an All-Star which is a good thing, because now he just cares about winning. And if you guys are happy about it, then so be it. But are the Nets winning alot of games this year? you think they will get to 49 wins again? if they do, then VC can continue with this shorter version of Vlade Divac and Chris Webber.
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
that's my point right. I'm SHOCKED about that. He's been dribbling like a big man, and those damn knee pads.
i'm still not sure i'm getting how these things are bad.

Quote:
But are the Nets winning alot of games this year? you think they will get to 49 wins again?
touché.

but then again the nets start out slow every season for some reason. this is generally the time of year when i start to get frustrated and depressed with the nets, then they usually start kicking butt and i feel much better until the playoffs.

if there's one thing i'm pissed at carter over, it's the fact that he's not inclined to run, limiting kidd's options on the break. but the fact is he prolly wouldn't have run in the past either.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No more Vinsanity
but we got the Mature Vince that drives more than shoot now
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

anyway, Vince still heaves those long threes. Vince still drives in for the big jam. he just picks his spots. he knows his team needs a basket and he can take the defender to the post and get an easy bucket.

but in that Phoenix game, Vince got several dunks, and an alleyoop as well.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #8
Promisin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Promisin has an OK reputation so far

Many people think Vince is not coachable but it's just the opposite.He always wants to listen the coach and follow his directions at least now in Nj.I think he does what Frank draws for him.In some other thread someone said that L.Frank used VC in wrong way.I agree that..
Promisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Nets are losing for one reason:

1) opposing big men are abusing the hell out of the Nets

2) teams are clearly superior to the Nets.

the first one could be remedied by playin help defense with a lot of energy, but sustaining energy every game is not that easy. fatigue plays a big factor.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
he has a way new diffrent game now, what is going on with him? am I really the only one noticing this sh*t? he's not a perimeter threat anymore, he's not doing any crazy crossovers with the ball, not driving baseline more than he used to , he is just posting up on people, making easy layups, and shooting when he is open. I think all that jumping caught up to him, or he is just really tired from last season, and he decided to just take a brake for the whole summer by not working on his jumping ability or dribbling. Sure his stats are basically the same, but who really wants to see this VC? It's official, Vince Carter is now a Power Forward! AND I WANT THE OLD VC BACK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcyd9PvXe...elated&search=
I agree, The old VC would be better along side J-KIDD. The old run & gun slam jam VC is better for the Nets than halfcourt Vince. He is still gonna get out of bed with 20 points regardless. The guy is an amazing talent.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think we would get more wins with the old vince though. Those amazing plays he has every single night energizes not only the crowd but the team.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: