Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #46
letsdothis
I hit open layups

letsdothis has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donnie Walsh on Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
has any player ever come into the league soft and turned into a HOF type player?

every great player showed glimpses when they were young. kg, jermaine, tim, etc. bynum hasnt shown me more than 1 play (the dunk on shaq). 1 play in 2 years.

are you kidding me? he has shown many many times his soft touch around the basket. If he developes, he can be very deadly in the post.
letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #47
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild orchid
Because he has no REAL intention of trading for Bynum. I'm not even a Laker fan and I'm aware of Bynum's struggles and the meltdown Bynum had towards the end of the season.
He is trying to make other teams think he is sold on Bynum so they will throw in extra incentives/players on any potential trade.
ahhh ok i follow your thinking....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 AM   #48
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

JO is exactly what LA needs. A great defender and intimidator down low that can convert passes. And his low post games is far and away better than that of Kwame, Mihm and Bynum combined. He would actually give the Lakers a 2nd/3rd option, someone they could give the ball and see what happens.
Sure, you never know whether attitude will be a problem, but JO is talented enough to gamble.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #49
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

whatever the Lakers do they better do it this season if not Kobe will opt out by end of 08-09

so they better do something if they don't to lose Kobe.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 AM   #50
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
JO is exactly what LA needs. A great defender and intimidator down low that can convert passes. And his low post games is far and away better than that of Kwame, Mihm and Bynum combined. He would actually give the Lakers a 2nd/3rd option, someone they could give the ball and see what happens.
Sure, you never know whether attitude will be a problem, but JO is talented enough to gamble.

Thank you.

And all this attitude talk, I call BS. It was all well and fine before the brawl.

JO helps the Lakers so much that it isn't even funny... soo sooo sooo sooooooo much.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 AM   #51
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
And all this attitude talk, I call BS. It was all well and fine before the brawl.

I've been hating his attitude long before the brawl.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 AM   #52
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

What's to hate?

Unlike you, I always loved his attitude. Such passion, intensity, energy etc..
Hard work as well.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #53
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

I think Andrew Bynum appears to have the highest trade value of any player in the history of the NBA. seriously...

Stupid of Walsh to say that though...if you are trying to deal, you don't want to sound desperate and like ur salivating for a player.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #54
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
The thing with Gasol I think goes like this. He can be a warrior if he catches fire and when he feels he has an actual chance of winning. He is very much capable of fighting. I agree with the assessment that he usually doesn't put in his all, and therefore can be labeled as being soft. However, I can see him fighting a lot in close and meaningful games. With the Grizzlies he didn't have too many of those lately. He is the epitome of a not good enough franchise player, but a great great 2nd option and team player.

Kind of like Yao Ming, really.

I remember at the previous world champs or it could have even been the olympics when he played for spain, it looked like someone stuck a bunger up his a-hole. He was playing like a madman. I'd never seen it before when he suited up for the grizzlies.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #55
DTD
Good High School Starter

DTD has decent reputationDTD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
The thing with Gasol I think goes like this. He can be a warrior if he catches fire and when he feels he has an actual chance of winning. He is very much capable of fighting. I agree with the assessment that he usually doesn't put in his all, and therefore can be labeled as being soft. However, I can see him fighting a lot in close and meaningful games. With the Grizzlies he didn't have too many of those lately. He is the epitome of a not good enough franchise player, but a great great 2nd option and team player.

Kind of like Yao Ming, really.

DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: