Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
And that's the problem with this thread: Who on this board saw prime Chamberlain? Myself, as a child I saw the end of Jabbar's career, and that's it.

as a kid, i remember seeing the 72 lakers with wilt. indeed that was a running team built around gail goodrich and jerry west doing the major scoring duties. but when the break wasnt there, wilt could still dominate the the low block

i saw kareem for the majority of his career and he was simply dominating. he was stronger than most people give him credit for and his sky hook was unstoppable-- highly effective and also an aesthetically pleasing shot. (i dont know why guys wont pick up that move today).

although wilt had some incredible stats, i would choose jabbar because he had a real warrior's heart and a certain mental toughness that was a bit better than wilts. this is one of the reasons kareem hada well rounded career with multiple championships and why he lasted 20 years in the league
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #17
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain vs. Kareem Abdul Jabbar

I really don't think you can go wrong with one or the other.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #18
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a kid I saw Wilt. And of course I saw Kareem's entire career.
While I regularly claim that Kareem is the greatest center ever (and arguably the greatest player ever), I would not like to really have to choose between Wilt & Kareem.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Actually i was a kid but i watched Wilt and Kareem go at it in the 1971 Western Conference Finals, Wilt was with the Lakers and Kareem played for the Bucks, with the Bucks scorching the Lakers 4 games 1, I remember getting the Sports Illustrated Magazine about a week later and all the glossy pics of Kareem and Wilt fighting for rebounds. it was a big deal back then Kareem in his second year. Wilt in his 15th season young versus old... Kareem and the Bucks went on to win the Finals that year, the Lakers and wilt would wait until the following year to win the Rings..

Though I do remember watching them and falling in love with the game (I think the hoop was over the garage within a week) I can't remember who was more dominant, so I'll go on numbers and that being said, I'd go with Kareem and the fact that over his career he played against some pretty good big men and came out on top most of the time...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My best or favorite matchup was the Bucks against the Lakers.
Wilt against Kareem

Wilt was a very creative player.

Kareem lived on the block and only in his later years generated an out of range hook shoot just inside the free throw line and the spin around bank shoot because of the defensive pressure.

ONE ON ONE - Wilt wins

Team player and if I were to build a team around - Kareem

I hate to compare these guys , because they were the ultimate best.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: