Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Any of you dudes eat Quest Protein Bars?

Protein bars are gimmicks and nobody should be eating them. I would rather eat protein from meats and drinking homemade shakes. That is plenty of protein and eating a protein bar is just an excuse to eat junk but they label it "protein" and the mass public eat it up, no pun.

Think about it for one second, you guys are ingesting something that is supposedly healthy but yet it is done in a fashion of "cookies and cream" or any other stupid flavors they try to fake. Lets face it, it is not cookies and cream and it is concocted in some labratory.

I don't know why you guys are eating this unless it is some short cut in your training. When I was training daily, I was very disciplined and this included what I eat. I made time to cook and prep foods that I need for the day.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 11-30-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Protein bars are gimmicks and nobody should be eating them. I would rather eat protein from meats and drinking homemade shakes. That is plenty of protein and eating a protein bar is just an excuse to eat junk but they label it "protein" and the mass public eat it up, no pun.

Think about it for one second, you guys are ingesting something that is supposedly healthy but yet it is done in a fashion of "cookies and cream" or any other stupid flavors they try to fake. Lets face it, it is not cookies and cream and it is concocted in some labratory.

I don't know why you guys are eating this unless it is some short cut in your training. When I was training daily, I was very disciplined and this included what I eat. I made time to cook and prep foods that I need for the day.
    I feel you're a little misinformed. There are plenty of great clean protein bars, some with very good quality protein. You're also assuming that people who eat protein bars eat is as a primary source of nutrients. People like myself who eat bars use it to sustain or to fill in nutritional gaps. Not use it as a source of food. It's way better than any fast food out there and it is extremely convenient.
    Take a look at the Quest Bar. They use whey protein and almond butter. Too very good sources of protein. And I doubt OP is eating this as a meal.
    Yes the masses are naive when it comes to supplements, but don't pigeon hole all supplement/bar eaters in the same category.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    whey protein is more efficient.
    Agreed. Aren't Quest bars like $3? A serving of whey is the same amount of protein and is essentially just a buck.

NBA All-star

Gatorade candies.

you heard it here first.

Why are you stupid and don't know much of anything?

Why are protein bars in your head rent free? I should have never introduced that saying to ISH.

NBA All-star

because, as you described it.

civilization IS fake. and the masses enjoy it.

Protein bars are just glorified candy bars.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Protein bars are just glorified candy bars.
    In what way is me eating a bar with 30g of protein and 12g of carbs the same as me eating a candy bar?

No one is saying eat one everyday and use it to replace meals on a consistent basis. But it is a healthy alternative. Yes... They are healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    In what way is me eating a bar with 30g of protein and 12g of carbs the same as me eating a candy bar?

No one is saying eat one everyday and use it to replace meals on a consistent basis. But it is a healthy alternative. Yes... They are healthy.
    They are convenient, that's their main appeal. And they have protein. But also lots of sugar.

I mostly avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    They are convenient, that's their main appeal. And they have protein. But also lots of sugar.

I mostly avoid them.
    Depends on the bar and depends on the sugar. If a protein bar made with real fruit and nuts that was 100% paleo had 15gr of sugar on the ingredient profile, do you think that's bad sugar?
    What's the difference with that and eating greek yogurt with blueberries?
    You may be misinformed about sugar. Sugar is a necessity to uptake all macronutrients.
    Confectionery sugar is generally not added to a bar. Sugars can be naturally occurring in the ingredients.
    Last edited by hateraid; 12-01-2014 at 01:45 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Ain't nothin' sweet over here brah.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Depends on the bar and depends on the sugar. If a protein bar made with real fruit and nuts that was 100% paleo had 15gr of sugar on the ingredient profile, do you think that's bad sugar?
    What's the difference with that and eating greek yogurt with blueberries?
    You may be misinformed about sugar. Sugar is a necessity to uptake all macronutrients.
    Confectionery sugar is generally not added to a bar. Sugars can be naturally occurring in the ingredients.
    Here's a neg I received for this thread:

dumbass take your sales pitch and fvck off. you don't have a degree

This is so confusing since all I was doing is sincerely giving some advice. My company doesn't even make protein bars
    It boggles my mind how people are so fricken wound up about nutrition. I give honest advice and get ridiculed by the same people who do internet research and get swindled by ads.
    As Hawker said in a different thread, people can talk about subjects related to their work with good intentions without trying to sell something

LOL @ sales pitch and f*uck off

So much protein bar roid rage.

The poor guy does nothing but try to be informative and respond to all queries with sound facts/industry knowledge and this is what he gets in return lol... Ish, I tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    LOL @ sales pitch and f*uck off

So much protein bar roid rage.

The poor guy does nothing but try to be informative and respond to all queries with sound facts/industry knowledge and this is what he gets in return lol... Ish, I tell you
    I know right? I can post "I like protein bars" and some uptight internet expert will shout "SALES PITCH!"
    It's hilarious I get these shots taken at me

I haven't used bars mainly just whey. A shake seems just as convenient to me and cheaper so I don't really get them.

Off topic. What do you guys see the best results with on protein per pound. Im shooting for the old fashioned 1 gram per pound, however I've seen mixed opinions on the benefits of more than that. Some might say just eat more to be safe but I find it a ballache as I've been on a really long cut before I start my first bulk, and I find it tricky to consistently eat more with limited cals to play with.