Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quincey Miller

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Quincey Miller

So we just signed 6'9 swing man Quincey Miller to a 10 day contract. During the 2013 draft I was pretty high on this dude, and was so surprised to see him nearly slide to our second round pick at #39. By memory he went 1 pick before we drafted Middleton (who has turned out to be a very solid rotational player mind you). He seems like one of those players that has all the tools in the world to be a great rangey two way player. Very long, athletic, smooth, good handles for someone that tall, great touch from both beyond the arc and around the rim- but he just hasn't seemed to find his groove since making the pros. He has only just turned 22 - obviously his potential is yet to be unlocked. Let's hope he can show something with his chance with us - best of luck to him...

He just looks so comfortable and in control; below is the D-league showcase highlight of him from last month, a casual 35 points (12-15) with 5-6 threes, 8 rebounds, 9 blocks in only 27 minutes. Yes it is only D-league, but that is an impressive game at any level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAMRRACrZs

Default Re: Quincey Miller

He is just 4 months older than top 10 draft prospect Frank Kaminsky.

Still just 22... Plenty of time to still reach that potential,

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quincey Miller traded to Nets for Steve Blake,

I blame Dinwiddie for not lighting the summer league on fire, if he had done so there would be no need to trade for another PG, and we could have kept Miller...

I bet the cat reaches his damn potential now, would be just our luck,

Although I must admit, I much rather Blake in a backup PG role than Jennings, career 39% from 3pt range and also very accepting and comfortable with being a bench player / knowing his role. Good veteran presence.

Would have almost preferred to trade Jennings than Miller,

Reggie / Jennings / Blake / Dinwiddie is overkill.... SVG must be looking to make another move

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quincey Miller traded to Nets for Steve Blake,

I blame Dinwiddie for not lighting the summer league on fire, if he had done so there would be no need to trade for another PG, and we could have kept Miller...

I bet the cat reaches his damn potential now, would be just our luck,

Although I must admit, I much rather Blake in a backup PG role than Jennings, career 39% from 3pt range and also very accepting and comfortable with being a bench player / knowing his role. Good veteran presence.

Would have almost preferred to trade Jennings than Miller,

Reggie / Jennings / Blake / Dinwiddie is overkill.... SVG must be looking to make another move
    I like it.

This shows Jennings is on the move and gives Dinwiddie more time to develop. And Jennings is a huge bargaining chip right now because a) he is a talented pg and b) he is a (relatively) large expiring contract. No matter if Jennings is 100% or 50% post injury, we stay winning.

I really think we are going to get a nice draft pick out of Jennings or player. We are going to start making some noise in the playoffs sooner than later.

In SVG I trust.

Yeah I like this granted what we get back for Jennings (if he is moved) - and then it will be a win in my eyes...

But all this work Miller had done with us this off-season, then breaking his nose so couldn't dominate summer league, just feel robbed on seeing what he was capable of doing for us

NBA lottery pick

This is a weird deal. Dinwiddie is going to be a bust I guess. Funny I was just reading an article on how his summer league performance wasn't a big deal to SVG and he still had a ton of faith in him.

Decent college freshman

Not a weird deal at all really. Miller is a guy with some talent who never put it together. There's a bunch of guys like him to be signed at any time IMO.

OTOH, Jennings won't be ready physically any time soon and Dinwiddie is unproven and not looking great at SL. We needed a veteran PG who was cheap and relatively reliable(and better than JL3)

NBA lottery pick

I've watched Blake play a lot over the past few years. Decent backup but that's about it. It's not a game changing deal. Dinwiddie actually did decent in the minutes he got at the end of the season. Jennings may not be ready initially (per reports) but Dinwiddie could have got it done. I wish we could have seen Miller in Summer League so maybe we would have known more about how his game is shaping. Anyway, Blake is 35 and doesn't have a lot of gas left in the tank. It makes it a weird deal to me. I feel like when Jennings is ready they are going to showcase him and try to make a move. We were so thin at PF and we have a ton of guards and wings now so it just seems that SVG needs to go after another big. It appears we're going to be playing a ton of small ball.

Miller was probably going to be cut anyways since the team was (and remains) two players over the limit.

Having a veteran backup point guard will be the difference in at least 5-10 games.

Interesting to see who gets cut, or what other trades come that maybe trim the roster before the season starts.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I've watched Blake play a lot over the past few years. Decent backup but that's about it. It's not a game changing deal. Dinwiddie actually did decent in the minutes he got at the end of the season. Jennings may not be ready initially (per reports) but Dinwiddie could have got it done. I wish we could have seen Miller in Summer League so maybe we would have known more about how his game is shaping. Anyway, Blake is 35 and doesn't have a lot of gas left in the tank. It makes it a weird deal to me. I feel like when Jennings is ready they are going to showcase him and try to make a move. We were so thin at PF and we have a ton of guards and wings now so it just seems that SVG needs to go after another big. It appears we're going to be playing a ton of small ball.
    Eh, we lacked a proven backup PG and we went and got one,giving up nothing basically. Seems simple to me. Miller probably would't have made the team.

I don't see much small ball, though Morris and Johnon may play as tandem Fs.

Dinwiddie has to earn the backup PG job if anything. He isn't there yet.

NBA lottery pick

Just not a big Blake fan at this point of his career. I liked him when he was younger, and actually thought he was under valued. Hopefully he can play better than he has been.

Blake to me, is one of the very top back up PG options purely because he a) knows his roll b) doesn't turn the ball over and c) is very effective at spreading the floor / outside shooting.

I don't mind this, gives Dinwiddie one more year of seasoning with little pressure, then hopefully next year he is ready to be the #1 backup to Reggie.

I have a feeling, that SVG is higher on Adonis Thomas than he was on Quincy, which would make this move a no brainer. If this is true, then Miller was almost a certainty to get waived by us. I just sense that SVG loves what Adonis brings.... 6'8 and 245 pounds, and probably a better deep shooter than Miller at this stage... And we can just keep him playing for Rapids at the second

NBA lottery pick

I saw too much of Blake when he was on the Lakers, and that's when they were good.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Just not a big Blake fan at this point of his career. I liked him when he was younger, and actually thought he was under valued. Hopefully he can play better than he has been.
    I don't think anyone's a "big Blake fan", we just needed something slightly better than the Dinwiddie's and John Lucas' of the world

For this upcoming season, Blake is better than Dinwiddie...

Also, he provides a lot of experience and leadership to a very young team. I think he will be a positive influence.

This trade will anger me if Jennings is either a) ready for season opener or b) not going to be traded...