Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Evan Turner

Just want your opinion on Evan Turner out of Ohio state. Pros and Cons. Will he be able to play in the NBA? and at what level?
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Evan Turner

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Evan-Turner-1115/

I was skimming through that link and it says he kind of plays like Brandon Roy but not a good passer as Roy is and his jump shot needs a bit more work.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I really like this kid and I think he could work his way into the first round in a year or two. The pros are that he is a legit 6-6, maybe 6-7 which is plenty big enough to play SG in the NBA (which is what I think he will end up being), he is willing to go inside, and he is clutch. The cons are that he needs to add weight, he isn't an NBA level shooter, and he does sometimes make careless/stupid mistakes.

This kid already has an NBA level game, he just needs to beef up, tighten up his game some, and most importantly work on his shot. If he is ever going to be more than a 12th man in the NBA, he needs to be able to hit the 3's that are required of NBA players now. All three of things should be pretty easy for him to acheive and considering how much he has improved just this season, I would be willing to assume that these things won't be as much of an issue next season.

As for what he will be in the NBA, I could see 6-10pts, 3-5rebs, and a few assists. Probably a backup, but a good player that shouldn't have a hard time sticking in the NBA.

Last edited by monthh : 02-17-2009 at 02:07 AM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

There are a lot of things to love about turner's game. He's an unstoppable scorer in a tough defensive league. And better yet, he scores in exactly the way that is successful in the NBA. He drives, finishes and draws fouls. He also handles the ball well, especially in traffic. This is what really makes him so deadly going to the paint.

His jumper is pretty good too. Could certainly use improvement, but it's enough to keep the defense honest for his driving game.

Despite starting at PF for OSU lately, he also plays as a point forward for them, and will be a wing at the NBA level. So his game is very versatile.

I would say that his biggest weakness isn't his jumper, but his maturity. He is a bit of a punk. His jumper could also use some work, and everyone could stand to add some muscle, but overall, his game is very polished and effective. He will be a good player.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: