Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: I'm not saying....I'm just saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Pau isn't aggressive and Drew can't handle doubles. No one else is any kind of a scorer.

how is drew supposed to get better at handling the double teams if he isn't given the reps and chances? It's early enough in the season for him to get practice now....

instead of not getting any practice, going into the playoffs, and still not having that as an offensive option...thereby restricting lakers offensive options and allowing defenses to worry about less threats
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #17
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Pau isn't aggressive and Drew can't handle doubles. No one else is any kind of a scorer.

This. And our bench has been dismantled with trades and free agency. No Phil. No triangle offense. With the exception of one game that I think Kobe might have chucked us out of, I'd say Kobe is the only thing keeping our team competitive right now.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #18
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Ah well I get what you're saying. I mean from a team standpoint it obv makes sense that even if bynum and pau get more shots and you lose, you take that because you need them to be good to win anything at all in the playoffs.. Statistically, it makes no sense to give the ball to them just like you said to artest, if they can't be productive consistently on 10 shots then they don't deserve 15. But even with artest, you gotta get them going even if it means you lose now because its about the playoffs.

I get it. I agree.

But I am holding out on one interesting issue, there is still a big trade out there to be made. Perhaps Kobe believes it will be made, and building chemistry and getting these guys going is not as important because they'll be starting from 0 in a few weeks anyways. So he's just getting as many wins as he can now and will rest and become contenders once the moves are made and there's new guys.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #19
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
When I play ball, I hustle and play hard...I have a decent shot and handles. But when I'm playing my ass off and I'm not getting any shots and someone else is jacking it up - even though he is the best on the floor - it gets annoying as fck.

And btw, I've been a laker fan for over 20 years.

Like I said, I'm not saying...I'm just saying....

So how does that stop you from playing defense or rebounding?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #20
monkeypox

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
So how does that stop you from playing defense or rebounding?

I think he's saying he's one of those guys that pouts while playing ball if he isn't getting his touches even if he knows he's not the best player out there. I get it though if it's a friendly game at church or something, it's not like anything is on the line but pride right?

There's a fresh prince episode about this topic I think.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
therammingman

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
I think he's saying he's one of those guys that pouts while playing ball if he isn't getting his touches even if he knows he's not the best player out there. I get it though if it's a friendly game at church or something, it's not like anything is on the line but pride right?

There's a fresh prince episode about this topic I think.

after a while, yea, it gets annoying.
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: