Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default [FOX HOUSTON] Bonzi Wells Wants to Come Back to Houston

Quote:
Bonzi Wells Sets the Record Straight

Last Edited: Tuesday, 22 May 2007, 6:20 PM CDT
Created: Tuesday, 22 May 2007, 6:20 PM CDT

MyFoxHouston.com

HOUSTON -- In his first interview since Bonzi Wells prematurely ended his season with the Rockets April 9, Wells told FOX 26 Sports he has no hard feelings toward former Rockets head coach Jeff Van Gundy. He says he is thrilled at the expected hiring of Rick Adelman as the Rockets new head coach and he says if the business side of things can be worked out he would like to return to the Rockets.

Wells left the Rockets with five games to go in the regular season because he indicated at the time he felt like he was hurting team chemistry. In the interview with FOX 26 Wells sets the record straight about his relationship with Van Gundy.

"I felt like we had a good team and I thought I was the missing link. I still do. Coach (Van Gundy) didn't see it that way. He thought he was going the right way. Coach Van Gundy didn't think I fit in. He came to me as a man and told me that. I looked into his eyes and I could see that he hurt for me. I respected that. He told me that I could ask to be waived and I told him I didn't want to be anywhere else. I hated the way it ended because I really started to appreciate him, " Wells said.

Van Gundy is not suprised at Wells comments about him.

"Perception and reality are often very different. I never thought it was personal between Bonzi and I. I think it's great for Bonzi with Rick coming in because he has a proven history with him. I think it could work out great, " Van Gundy said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

Wells believes the Rockets expected hiring of Rick Adelman is almost like divine intervention.

"I thought it was like God sent him here for me. Rick Adelman is a great coach. He's the best coach I have ever had. He really knows how to relate to his players. He does a great job of letting guys be themselves, " Wells said.

Wells played for Adelman for one year when both were in Sacramento.

"I love coach Adelman. With Coach Adelman coming here I really don't want to be anywhere else," Wells said.

However there is a business side to all of this. Before last season Wells signed a two year contract with the Rockets with the right to opt out after year one. The total value of the contract is about $4.4 million.

"I have a decision to make and so do they. I wanted to be here even if Jeff Van Gundy was going to be here. It's still early. I think they need a guy like me," Wells said.

Wells doesn't rule out opting out and then re-signing with Houston.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: [FOX HOUSTON] Bonzi Wells Wants to Come Back to Houston

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42360

page 2
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Its already a thread playa.

Bonzi
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oops, Ugh, delete Jeff.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #5
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

I welcome him only if he convince Bibby of coming here.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
I welcome him only if he convince Bibby of coming here.

Bibby would be a great addition.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Bibby would be a great addition.

Bibby would be perfect he already knows Adleman the system and if you PG knows the system already with T-Mac and Yao high basketball IQ the team will waste no time learning the new systems if Adleman wants to run the princeston offense.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: