Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: This ESPN Halftime panel is brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Their chemistry is incredible. Very high quality television.

Would you rather listen to Kenny, fat ass Charles, and that old ass white dude?

Exactly.

I never ****ing understand why people choose to hate on quality just to stick out. No one agrees with you punk bitch. ESPN halftime panel is the best group of experts the industry has. Shut the **** up and accept greatness and stop trying to stand out for attention.

Halftime shows are bullshit. none of these guys are "experts". It's all for ratings, cause the casual fans who don't know shit think these guys are basketball experts. They should dump all these moron ex-players and hire some ex-coaches who can actually analyze games intelligently.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Magic just said the Lakers are even with the Spurs even though they dont have Kobe because Ginobli is hurt...i can't right now
    Well, if you completely remove Kobe's salary, which is massive... San Antonio is still paying their players less than LA.

So, he has a point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Halftime shows are bullshit. none of these guys are "experts". It's all for ratings, cause the casual fans who don't know shit think these guys are basketball experts. They should dump all these moron ex-players and hire some ex-coaches who can actually analyze games intelligently.
    Magic Johnson is not an expert?

Anyway, Wilbon and Simmons are complete homer pieces of mierda.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Magic is my favorite player of all time, greatest point guard in history, but no, I don't think he is an expert. Have you heard him talk basketball? do you remember when he tried to coach? I love the guy, but he just says some asanine shit sometimes. I think these stations just hire people that like the cameras and have some personality to spice up the show a little. I don't dislike any of these guys except for SAS and Bayless, I just don't buy into their opinions.

You guys always complain about the commentators. Every single one, according to Ish they all suck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Magic is not any more of an expert "analyst" than jordan was an expert GM. Not only is his insight 'meh' but his delivery is abysmal. He has good personality of course but to me he'd be better suited to be a "rotating regular" who makes periodic appearances in the studio, like c-web or reggie do with the tnt guys.

Jalen has at least gotten better, which is more a testament to how bad he was at first because he's still not at a level worth keeping around. Simmons is awkward. He tries to do his column shtick on camera, with annoying results. Wilbon is good as a host from a technical standpoint of being prepared and articulate but he might honesty be the biggest suck-up and apologist of all nba players past and present. He slobbers over every star player to no end. He probably shows up to the summer camps that guys like lebron and howard hold for 10 year olds and tries to get their autograph. It's ridiculous.

Great college starter

The ESPN halftime show was actually better with Broussard and Jon Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    The ESPN halftime show was actually better with Broussard and Jon Barry
    So true. Who makes these personnel decisions? There are some dumb executives out there.

National High School Star

Exactly.

I never ****ing understand why people choose to hate on quality just to stick out. No one agrees with you punk bitch. ESPN halftime panel is the best group of experts the industry has. Shut the **** up and accept greatness and stop trying to stand out for attention.

Top quality troll post right here... very impressive

Exactly.

Dumbest post of the year. Hands down. Congratulations **** face.

ESPN panel consists of two people analyzing that have never played an NBA game,a hall of famer that has trouble speaking proper sentences, and jalen rose. Smh. Absolutely horrible. TNT >x10. ABC s idea of hilarity is magic making a joke about wilbom telling on himself how old he is. Smh

Absolutely horrible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Dumbest post of the year. Hands down. Congratulations **** face.

ESPN panel consists of two people analyzing that have never played an NBA game,a hall of famer that has trouble speaking proper sentences, and jalen rose. Smh. Absolutely horrible. TNT >x10. ABC s idea of hilarity is magic making a joke about wilbom telling on himself how old he is. Smh

Absolutely horrible.

This is all true but part of the reason it is that way and isnt gonna change is because ABC (which is a disney company) is much more conscieus of keeping it clean and family friendly and PC than tnt. epsn isnt looking to take any risks as far as content and personalities. i think espn is more content to just keep the pregame show plain and get their revenue from the ratings of the games themselves, rather than take a pointless risk with a polarizing studio crew who might offend half their viewing audience.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    This is all true but part of the reason it is that way and isnt gonna change is because ABC (which is a disney company) is much more conscieus of keeping it clean and family friendly and PC than tnt. epsn isnt looking to take any risks as far as content and personalities. i think espn is more content to just keep the pregame show plain and get their revenue from the ratings of the games themselves, rather than take a pointless risk with a polarizing studio crew who might offend half their viewing audience.

Yea. I feel you. True with the comedy part, but having two guys that have played as many NBA minutes as me BREAK DOWN and ANALYZE the game, ain't right. They are just supposed to give facts and narrate, like Ernie does. It be like a muthafucca that's seen and heard a 3 click flare chirp, but can't do one and tryin to tell cats how to do it. Bothers me. Huge pet peeve. Leave that sh.it to the ones that have played. Smh.... And hire a pro that can speak proper and complete sentences.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Wilbon is pretty bad too. He says some really stupid things sometimes, just not as often as the other guys.

The ESPN halftime show isn't even 1/100th as bad as that Will I.AM. intro with all those players.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one. ESPN has all these employees, yet we're relegated to listen to Magic Johnson who can't speak properly, Jalen Rose and his awkward, forced enthusiasm, and the other troll who looks like Van Gundy's son.