Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
Cool
College superstar

Default Realistic Things That Could Happen(Be Serious Please)

This forum seems to have drifted off into the sunset hoping for a star to be dropped off at our front door. It will not just happen like that.

It will take a lot to get a star IF we even get one, and getting a star will not solve all our problems even IF ITS KG OR GASOL.

We have other problems, like no depth, no solid PG to run our offense. We have problems every were. One trade will not solve everything, we have to realistically look at our options, cause getting any star could even put another hole in our team.

Because we would be giving up a lot for a KG/JO OR GASOL. There is also a lot of things that need to happen such as salary cap restrictions and what not that take place in doing any kind of trade.

So lets talk in here about what logically or realistically could happen, if you are gonna make trade proposals for KG or JO and not give up Odom and Bynum or something like that then please dont make any suggestions. This is not a thread to bash anyone or anything like that, its just to get our minds thinking back to logical thinking and out of fantasy island.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
Cool
College superstar

Default Re: Realistic Things That Could Happen(Be Serious Please)

Please everybody read and respond with your ideas and thoughts. This thread was not made just to read, it was for everybody to share there realistic ideas and thoughts.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #3
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

jkidd for bynum kwame [now they realize they shud off accepted the nets offrer]

for KG or JO , lamar sasha[exp contract] and $ filler + 1st pik

jkidd
kobe
luke
JO/KG
mhim
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #4
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`

jkidd
kobe
luke
JO/KG
mhim

I'm sorry I think this thread is UnRealistic Things That Could Happen(Don't be Be Serious Please)
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
Devientz
I rule the local playground

Quote:

jkidd
kobe
luke
JO/KG
mhim

First off, the Jason Kidd situation is not the same as it was at that time, and if they are even willing to trade him now its gonna take more than what it would have before.

And 2nd, KG for Lamar and Sasha?! .....
I'm starting to think this is a fake account to make fun of Laker fans.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #6
Cool
College superstar

Quote:

jkidd
kobe
luke
JO/KG
mhim

I said serious, and I think your a fake account or something, please be realistic and logically. This is just plain delusional.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Like I already told you man, getting those role players is like putting candles on the cake. Once you have the core, it's so much easier to do everything and depth isn't as important as is it is right now for us.

And yes, I do believe that KG, JO or Pau, assuming all healthy make us a contender.

The way I see it, we're close. We're very close. Because we have Kobe.
And it doesn't take all that much to get to that contender level. It's not like we're building from the scratch. Kobe himself is already like 40 % of the championship core.

You get a big man like that, they make the other 40 % as they erase many weaknesses.
OTOH you get a guy like Artest and you're not quite there but pairing Kobe with an elite big man puts us definitely on the contender status.

And what do you need after you get them? Not too much. Some decent role players that can knock down their shots, play smart etc.
You can easily get 2-3 decent role players in one off season.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:47 AM   #8
Cool
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Like I already told you man, getting those role players is like putting candles on the cake. Once you have the core, it's so much easier to do everything and depth isn't as important as is it is right now for us.

And yes, I do believe that KG, JO or Pau, assuming all healthy make us a contender.

The way I see it, we're close. We're very close. Because we have Kobe.
And it doesn't take all that much to get to that contender level. It's not like we're building from the scratch. Kobe himself is already like 40 % of the championship core.

You get a big man like that, they make the other 40 % as they erase many weaknesses.
OTOH you get a guy like Artest and you're not quite there but pairing Kobe with an elite big man puts us definitely on the contender status.

And what do you need after you get them? Not too much. Some decent role players that can knock down their shots, play smart etc.
You can easily get 2-3 decent role players in one off season.

I already know where you stand, we need role players and a star, yes so true. But what about our horrible PG situation, we need a solid PG. IF you add a solid PG to your great plan, then I agree with you 100%.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #9
LakersDynasty
Good college starter

I already posted this in another thread.

Some of the realistic off-season moves could be:

1) Odom + Bynum for JO or KG

2) Kwame + 1st round pick and/or Farmar for Artest

3) Sign Jose Calderon as our starting PG with our MLE. Potential lineup...

Mihm (resign him)
JO
Artest
Kobe
Calderon
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #10
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I already know where you stand, we need role players and a star, yes so true. But what about our horrible PG situation, we need a solid PG. IF you add a solid PG to your great plan, then I agree with you 100%.

A really do think if we can pull off a trade for Artest and Bibby, it would solve a big part of our Problems plus we got the MLE to get a PF like Magloire for exsample. Even if it meant sending Odom to get them.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

You may be putting too much emphasis on that PG situation.

We won 3 rings with Fisher as a starter. Okay, we had Shaq so I won't use that example.
We also however won 45 and 42 games with freaking Smush Parker as a starter, arguably the worst starting PG in the league and the rest of the roster wasn't really all that either.

I'd love to get a PG that can shoot and penetrate but I don't see that as an essential, I really don't.

What I see as an essential at this point is that star power, as for role players...they can be had.
Once you have the core then you worry about role players.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
Cool
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
I already posted this in another thread.

Some of the realistic off-season moves could be:

1) Odom + Bynum for JO or KG

2) Kwame + 1st round pick and/or Farmar for Artest

3) Sign Jose Calderon as our starting PG with our MLE. Potential lineup...

Mihm (resign him)
JO
Artest
Kobe
Calderon

Yea I did see your post, you make some great points. And its very realiscally but I think thats a lot for management to pull off. Its realistic and all, but that just seems like a lot. But I dont know I still have a strong feeling we dont do sh*t this summer and just we will continue to grow or something like that. But hopefully management will come through this time.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #13
Cool
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
You may be putting too much emphasis on that PG situation.

We won 3 rings with Fisher as a starter. Okay, we had Shaq so I won't use that example.
We also however won 45 and 42 games with freaking Smush Parker as a starter, arguably the worst starting PG in the league and the rest of the roster wasn't really all that either.

I'd love to get a PG that can shoot and penetrate but I don't see that as an essential, I really don't.

What I see as an essential at this point is that star power, as for role players...they can be had.
Once you have the core then you worry about role players.

I dont think we need an all-star, but a PG is who gets you in your game plan and he sets it all up to get everything running well.

Lets say for example an car engine, if the car has no engine the car wont run at all. Thats like basketball team if there is not at least an okay or solid PG then the team doesnt feed off him and there play is not very good.

I think if we got a great or okay PG that could solve a big marjority of our problems, we would still need depth and maybe another star but it all starts from the top.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: