Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #31
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Default Re: Lakers won't make the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Exactly, I don't know what the **** people are thinking. The Lakers were dogshit last year.
35 wins and top defense is not dogshit you ignoramus
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #32
AirTupac
♕YDK GANG♕

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichoffate
35 wins and top defense is not dogshit you ignoramus

Lmao sounds like a huge clown
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #33
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So then the Lakers will be the third seed as only GSW and Houston have a comparable player?

The Lakers are far from a playoff lock, and depending on where Butler ends up, it may get tougher or easier. Only three teams in the West are current locks (Houston, GSW, Utah) and then you have OKC and SAS who are as close to locks possible. That leaves the Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers, Wolves (depending on Butler), Clippers & Pelicans all battling for three spots.
Lakers, Nuggets, and Pelicans will take the last three spots imo.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #34
kennethgriffen
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
Him and Air Bonner claim they are die hard celtics fans but defend LeBron at all costs.

and now le3for9s a laker lmao
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #35
Manny98
BBL Prospect

Put LeBron on a G league team and he's getting them to the playoffs. People are really underestimating how good of a floor raiser LeBron is
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #36
Skip_Bayless
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Put LeBron on a G team, put him on an A team... he's still losing more finals than he wins. People underestimate this guy can't win when it's all on the line more times than he will lose.
Skip_Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #37
kennethgriffen
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Put LeBron on a G league team and he's getting them to the playoffs. People are really underestimating how good of a floor raiser LeBron is

in the Least? maybe

this is part of the reason we disqualify lebrons finals appearances as an accomplishment
Old 09-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #38
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Lebron will get them into the playoffs, but they will lose in the first round as the team is right now.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #39
pastis
Dirk top 15 all time

tbh other than Lebron, nobody in this lakers Team has AS, let alone ALL-NBA potential. If they make the Playoffs, it will be a short trip. But Butler is free now
pastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #40
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
So then the Lakers will be the third seed as only GSW and Houston have a comparable player?
It wouldn't surprise me to see them that high but I'm not sure of it.

Quote:
The Lakers are far from a playoff lock, and depending on where Butler ends up, it may get tougher or easier. Only three teams in the West are current locks (Houston, GSW, Utah) and then you have OKC and SAS who are as close to locks possible. That leaves the Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers, Wolves (depending on Butler), Clippers & Pelicans all battling for three spots.
If James stays at the level he was at last season they are a lock to me. I understand that for a lot of you they are too unproven but the best player in the game should be able to make a 35 win team a good team. They aren't Kings-bad where the starters should be reserves and the reserves belong in the D league, they have guys that could start on other teams. They may not have a legit second star but we can expect to see Kuzma and Ingram score in the mid or high-teens. Ball may not be useful when the ball is in James' hands but between him and Rondo LA will always have someone running the offense that knows what he's doing and Ball is at least a solid defender. A great player, which James is, can reasonably expect to take this team to the postseason.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #41
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

Jazz weren't far from missing the playoffs last year. If Gobert is healthy they are likely in. Without him they have sucked!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #42
kennethgriffen
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It wouldn't surprise me to see them that high but I'm not sure of it.

If James stays at the level he was at last season they are a lock to me. I understand that for a lot of you they are too unproven but the best player in the game should be able to make a 35 win team a good team. They aren't Kings-bad where the starters should be reserves and the reserves belong in the D league, they have guys that could start on other teams. They may not have a legit second star but we can expect to see Kuzma and Ingram score in the mid or high-teens. Ball may not be useful when the ball is in James' hands but between him and Rondo LA will always have someone running the offense that knows what he's doing and Ball is at least a solid defender. A great player, which James is, can reasonably expect to take this team to the postseason.

stop

please... just ...stop

this is embarrassing

lebron is not the best player nor anywhere close to it anymore. he doesnt play defense. espn proved he makes good players worse and only improves bums

he needs a ton of shooters around him and he has none

the lakers are at best a top 6-7 seed
Old 09-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #43
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Expecting a championship would be going too far but you do not sign the best player on the planet and then have a goal of the 12th pick in the draft.

Yea I'd be surprised if Bron would sign with a team just to not make the playoffs. I think LA has good young talent, unless people get into some epic drama they'll slide in.

I think they could get a good piece for lonzo. I think they might still be trading him.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Yea I'd be surprised if Bron would sign with a team just to not make the playoffs. I think LA has good young talent, unless people get into some epic drama they'll slide in.

I think they could get a good piece for lonzo. I think they might still be trading him.

-Smak
They are undoubtedly sick of his dad and Rondo is still too good to sign just as a back up to a big minute starter. If Leonard's still trying to be a Laker I expect Ball to be gone. And even if it isn't for Leonard Ball could be traded for a good shooter. If I was Ball the Rondo signing would really bother me.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #45
StrongLurk
Buzz City

If Lonzo doesn't improve (which he won't, he sucks), then he'll be gone at the trade deadline.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: